It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Neanderthal--a comprehensive introduction to the fossil record

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here is a link to Jeremy Norman's History of Communication site, www.historyofinformation.com...
which has a fair amount of information about neanderthal's and their place in human history. Norman's website is so interesting that I did an entire thread about it.

This thread deserves a place in my "keeper" list, posted on another site (also subscribed here). It has very good data, and aside from the derailment things going on in the middle, has kept both on track and contains abundant well researched posts and links.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I forget if I or somone else has linked some of the past neanderthal threads to this one.

Here's a short one www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's a longer one www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

And here's a really old one, from back in the age just after neanderthals walked the earth, 2007 www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then there's the fact that Bigfoot is a neanderthal, with some good neanderthal data ("Get out of my cereal cupboard, Bigfoot!") www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for you fans of wikipedia, the professors there have agreed to let me link this neanderthal page en.wikipedia.org... as well as this on, to a German museum in Mettman all about the cute critters en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good, no one else posted so these are all in a row.

Here's a very long thread about Man's Genetic Voyage, which stars...neanderthals!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then I started one because of a news item I saw while compiling this link list, that the neanderthal genome had been mapped. It was new when I posted this, so I have no idea how active it gets, but I will link this page and all the other links above to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Excellent post on the fossil record of our long-dead cousins. Great to see something like this with actual verifiable statements and cites, as well as pictures. I despair of the unscientific gibberish that this site comes up with sometimes - no such danger here!
(And before anyone asks I remember, ages back, some idiot who tried to claim that the Neanderthals were in fact people who'd had really really bad arthritis which, um, twisted their bones or something. Seriously. I almost died laughing.)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join