It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Dating...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
reply to post by greyer

Has this approach brought you much success with women?

Ah bro, females are actually quite simple creatures really, like amoebas not all that complicated. Greyer has a point, but really if you want to get a female to like you, its actually quite simple. Listen to what they say, and to what they believe in, and then do the complete opposite but in a gentleman like way. They do call it having game for a reason, because that's what it is, they are just not aware of it and actually believe it is something else but a game that they like to play. Basically all the bad things you hear people say about it and women are most often true.

Also remember the rules of the internet. I have found them to be true more often then not.
And so ya! On the internet all women are men, and all men are men, and all kids and underage girls are FBI agents, and sometimes some are not even of this planet, from Venus or gamma proxy or another dimenshion or some such...That's all I will say on that.

But no really, all sort of joking aside. The whole dating thing is overrated and kind of stupid, I think our ancestors and other cultures may have had it right all along and knew something we do not. It seems to have turned out to an epic failure of disastrous proportions, that or maybe it could just be the times. Who knows, whatever works for people I suppose, but in that field and especially the internet dating trust me females have it light years ahead of males. After all its only like a few billions if not trillions of years in evolution that gave them that advantage, and ya they probably would have dozens, and if there really hot then hundreds of dudes messaging on them, to every one response you would get.

Like another on this thread said...Its a minefield out there.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Originally posted by hotel1
reply to post by greyer

Has this approach brought you much success with women?

Ah bro, females are actually quite simple creatures really, like amoebas not all that complicated. Greyer has a point, but really if you want to get a female to like you, its actually quite simple. Listen to what they say, and to what they believe in, and then do the complete opposite but in a gentleman like way. They do call it having game for a reason, because that's what it is, they are just not aware of it and actually believe it is something else but a game that they like to play. Basically all the bad things you hear people say about it and women are most often true.

Also remember the rules of the internet. I have found them to be true more often then not.
And so ya! On the internet all women are men, and all men are men, and all kids and underage girls are FBI agents, and sometimes some are not even of this planet, from Venus or gamma proxy or another dimenshion or some such...That's all I will say on that.

But no really, all sort of joking aside. The whole dating thing is overrated and kind of stupid, I think our ancestors and other cultures may have had it right all along and knew something we do not. It seems to have turned out to an epic failure of disastrous proportions, that or maybe it could just be the times. Who knows, whatever works for people I suppose, but in that field and especially the internet dating trust me females have it light years ahead of males. After all its only like a few billions if not trillions of years in evolution that gave them that advantage, and ya they probably would have dozens, and if there really hot then hundreds of dudes messaging on them, to every one response you would get.

Like another on this thread said...Its a minefield out there.

I am curious as to where you got the idea that I need some advise on the nature of women. If you read the other posts I made at the beginning of the thread you will see that everything I said was in reference to online dating specifically and its general inefficiency for men, you will also see that it was me who used the term minefield.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Like you said it is generally inefficient for males, and a minefield, but ultimately so is any of it under any venue. I think this online thing ultimately it depends on the person, like everything else it runs in crowds, and you my friend would be in that in-crowd. I however would not, and other people would be all over the chart, if there was a chart that is. And so, it is what it is.

If you would of came to this site a few years ago around 2010, its funny how some things would of been reversed and you would see a lot more female threads on this issue. But ultimately, like I said its kind of like spiting against the wind, the wind being billions of years of evolution, so people write or say there peace then they find what there looking for and move on, in fact this whole things even this whole type of threads seems to be part of the modern mating rituals of males and females. But the end result will be the same, after all i do not think it will be any streatch of the imagination that most of the dudes in this thread will have some day find there dates or match, and it sure as hell is not any stretch of the imagination that it is the same for females as well it is inevitable, in fact its practically unavoidable.

So this whole thing does get a bit annoying its like teenager whining over there boyfriend or girlfriend and how it's the end of the world, when next week they have a new boyfriend, and the cycle repeats every few months or so, each time always going on about the same ol thing. Only in this case in the more grown up versions it repeats every few years or so. So the purpose of this dystopian fervent copulation syndrome is merely for the greater part a form of metal self castration, in itself equal to mental masturbation, but ultimately it has a purpose and is part of the overall mating rituals which humans do, in fact probably necessary to the over all thing.

Does that presumably answer your question? No that I really think you had one, but you know.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Hey there, WT. I know you posted this OP some time ago, but I'm logging on for the first time in a while and thought this was important enough to respond to, regardless of how much time has passed.

Firstly, I posted a similar thread a few months ago - similar in that it was about someone I had met on a dating site and, like you, I was shocked at the number of responses I received from fellow ATS members. It seems as if this topic strikes a significant chord with many of us and that most responding are doing so from one of two perspectives, neither of which is very positive because emotions are involved - either men who think that most woman are manipulative airheads who don't know what or who they want, or women who think that most men are shallow players who care more about quantity than quality. It's pretty obvious that many have been burned on the dating sites by the sheer number of defensive responses, which leads to the conclusion that there must be a fair number of decent people out there - if they weren't hurt in some way, there's no cause to be bitter and if we are all either airheads or players, we would be too dense to feel hurt.

I personally believe that regardless of your gender, honesty is ALWAYS the way to go and the only way to assess true compatibility. Without it, any perceived success is temporary because the truth will eventually come out. What goes around comes around.

Like anything else in life, there are the good and the bad eggs and when it comes to matters of the heart, even the good eggs are sure to be more fragile and on the defensive. That said, don't give up because I truly believe that there are A LOT of decent people out there who are looking for the same as you. The cream will eventually rise to the top. I've met some of those people myself and they came in all shapes, sizes, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Some I dated two or three times and others, I dated for months. The reasons why they ultimately didn't work out varied but had nothing to do with any of those superficial reasons. Most of those men have remained friends.

So my advice to you, from one good egg to another, is to keep on truckin' in both the virtual and physical world, having faith that you, just as you are, are someone's "perfect" guy. The right one is out there and you never know when/where you're going to find her.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

Like you said it is generally inefficient for males, and a minefield, but ultimately so is any of it under any venue. I think this online thing ultimately it depends on the person, like everything else it runs in crowds, and you my friend would be in that in-crowd. I however would not, and other people would be all over the chart, if there was a chart that is. And so, it is what it is.

If you would of came to this site a few years ago around 2010, its funny how some things would of been reversed and you would see a lot more female threads on this issue. But ultimately, like I said its kind of like spiting against the wind, the wind being billions of years of evolution, so people write or say there peace then they find what there looking for and move on, in fact this whole things even this whole type of threads seems to be part of the modern mating rituals of males and females. But the end result will be the same, after all i do not think it will be any streatch of the imagination that most of the dudes in this thread will have some day find there dates or match, and it sure as hell is not any stretch of the imagination that it is the same for females as well it is inevitable, in fact its practically unavoidable.

So this whole thing does get a bit annoying its like teenager whining over there boyfriend or girlfriend and how it's the end of the world, when next week they have a new boyfriend, and the cycle repeats every few months or so, each time always going on about the same ol thing. Only in this case in the more grown up versions it repeats every few years or so. So the purpose of this dystopian fervent copulation syndrome is merely for the greater part a form of metal self castration, in itself equal to mental masturbation, but ultimately it has a purpose and is part of the overall mating rituals which humans do, in fact probably necessary to the over all thing.

Does that presumably answer your question? No that I really think you had one, but you know.

Respectfully your reply is somewhat meandering and I find it difficult to discern if you answered the question that I most certainly asked you. If you feel inclined to compose a more succinct reply please do, but as I have a very clear understanding of female characteristics it won't particularly worry me if you don't want to.

Kind regards

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Very astute, I see you know what your seeming about there mister hotel1. But you know you never had a question, and neither do I. The whole thing is off topic it I would say. This is the relationship section, and so relate on... Awkward...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I had money at one time. I spent it all so I could go back to being a loser. I'd rather be that then anything. When you have money women get as fake as 2 dollar bills. Almost to the point of making you want to throw up.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

You like the second person in this thread to complain about that, the other I think had something more to do with shallow women in the more higher social circles, truly a devastating problem some people have.

Srry dude but ya women are superficial, but so are dudes, the only difference one knows and admits it to a certain extent, the other does not as its so ingrained into there psyche that to even contemplate it, is a practical impossibility. But tell you what, If any of you all don't like having all that money and attracting all those females then lets just start a raffle and you and the others can donate it to a worthy cause.

We can call it the "help a brother in need get laid fundraiser" or something like that.
Relationships forum on a conspiracy site, truly an oxymoron, I always thought it was all a waste of bandwidth in digital space, but hey whatever works I suppose.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

Very astute, I see you know what your seeming about there mister hotel1. But you know you never had a question, and neither do I. The whole thing is off topic it I would say. This is the relationship section, and so relate on... Awkward...

Ah point taken

Kind regards

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

But, but, but $2 bills are real!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You are right a few years ago it was mostly women complaining about men. It would be interesting to see a study done on men and woman by age group and body type to see what they are looking for in dating. From what I have noticed younger women want a hot guy with money. and younger men want a hot girl who is addicted to sex. But as you get to the age of 40 you start to see that both are looking more for someone they can connect with. But that is just from my observation. Online dating seems to make dating harder for both men and women. Men don't get many responses because the women are getting so many that they can't reply to them all. Also the men that send women messages start out sounding really good but as you talk to them it turns out they are not really looking for a relationship but only to hook up. That takes time away from replying to men that are truly looking for a relationship. Needless to say the good men usually end up getting no replies because of the men that are just out for sex are usually smooth talkers and the good men tend to be a bit more awkward.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarkia

I really do not think it is a secret what people would want, and people in general want what they do not have.

At certain ages and in certain points in there life's especially in females they would want one thing, and at another age and point they would want or even need yet another, sometimes completely different thing or even completely contradicting. But women and men are not like some mysterious creatures. Its generally all the bull# you would have to wade through to get to the bottom of it, that is tedious, which for women would be a thing to do as they seem to like those type of things in fact our whole society is based on it, and in fact its gotten to the point were its ingrained in everything in our society, and one would not be able to tell a difference between what is real and what is merely a phase unless and off-course the # hit the fan.

And for men, well the first thought they would come in there head would be "oh man, not this # again" feets don't fail me now, that is if they thought about it at first in the first place. I am afraid things are pretty much predictable, and not all that complicated as to why people come together or why they fall apart, no study would be needed really, things are kind of obvious but humanity as a whole has been conditioned to not see it, because that is part of the over all mystery of the game they play, and lets face it if everybody saw all that lead down the road, well then nobody would be wanting to get in a relationship. Different perspectives on the subject matter I would take it.

But you know sometimes no matter what it just does not work out, in fact I think this whole relationship thing or dating thing got raised higher then it should ever have been or ever can be, at the end of the day its like this. Two upright walking talking hairless ape type creatures find each other...End of Story. People really make more of it then it is, in fact like I said before its there adverse conditions that bind them more so then there love or whatever they want to call it. Time will tell, but I see some would have no time, but then again some would be wrong. Online dating would work for some and it would not work for others, in general it would work for women more so then men, but the same can be said of that fact under any other venue were men and women would get together for the purposes and intentions of dating or such matters. Everybody gets what they wanted, it just turns out that what they wanted is not really what they wanted, or worse what they wanted is not what they needed...Choices if albeit limited, but such is life.

Needless to say the good men usually end up getting no replies because of the men that are just out for sex are usually smooth talkers and the good men tend to be a bit more awkward.

Like the Oracle said to Neo...Life is a learning process, were here to learn why we made the choices we made. The same applies to everything, including the dating world, and the internet dating world. There is no such thing as good men, and there is no such thing as good women. The only thing that exists are men and women and the variables there in. Besides I am sure that these so called good men will get over not getting any responses from some strange lady they once messaged on a dating site, it may take a minute or two or maybe even a day, or possibly even a whole week, but you know what?...Whatever.

Really I am starting to think that ATS needs to start there own dating site, that way every nutty tin foiler will find there equaly nutty companion, and we all can have time for much more important discussions and threads...Discussions and Threads such as this...Link

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Look this is the best advice I can give. If you even meet a woman with "fugly" in her vocabulary, she isn't right for you, probably not right for most the population now. No offense.

Woman really need to stop putting so much emphasis on looks these days. I understand there has to be some attraction, that is true indeed. But to make this list that your guy needs abs, gelled hair, tan, tall, COME ON. Looks fade. Even yours. If you wouldn't want someone making a list of why they aren't attracted to you, don't do it to someone else.

Now if the person doesn't take care of them self or something of the kind, I can get that. But to point out a flaw on someone, or multiple, and NOT bother to get to know them a LITTLE bit before dismissing them, is pretty immature and not smart on anyone's part. Because attitude and personality have a lot of effect on how you see someone.

We all know a beautiful girl can open her mouth say something like "I would never wear shoes under 100 dollars." And she instantly becomes ugly...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
I guess playing up being rich can't hurt. I'm not poor by any standards, my parents are pretty rich and my grandparents are loaded but for the most part I've rejected their money so I wouldn't say I'm rich... although for a college age guy I guess you could say I'm rich because I have no debt and a decent amount sitting in my bank account.

It kills me to sell out and play up being rich though because superficiality is one of the things I hate most about where I grew up. I guess we'll see how long I can go with online dating before I have to sell out.

If you want a woman to like you for you, I would not play up having money. Some of the gold diggers out there can fake love and caring for someone else really well if it gets them what they want. You would never be able to tell if she really cared for you or was just using you for the money.

If a woman asks you how much you make, etc just shrug and tell her you are making enough to pay your bills and occasionally enjoy a night out. A good woman will want to know if you have a job because she will be wondering if you are stable, responsible and capable of making a commitment and sticking with it (showing up for work regularly, etc). A bad woman will want to know how much you make, because she is wondering if you can afford to take care of all her wants so she doesn't have to do it herself.

As others in this thread have mentioned several times honesty is the best policy, however as you are getting to know someone else I would be vague with information like how much you make. If you want to give the impression you have less than you do, that will help you weed out the ones that only want money and want it in large amounts.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join