It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
yes i agree, it is a technical issue not paranormal

but the point is...its true to them
it only exists in that individuals head

peace
edit on 2-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: my ass itched

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
buddy of mine, guitar player, was convinced Jimi Hendrix was posessed; he said no normal human could do to a guitar what Hendrix did.

I was at a Bible college circa 1980. A bunch of us started into D&D and asked the admin for permission to start an official *** College Gaming Society. The admin investigated what we were doing and banned D&D. Did not want witchcraft etc on campus.
a year later the school drama group's official production was...The Wizard of Oz. (no witches there, ahem...)

the admin was neither stupid nor evil; they were just caught in the beginnings of a very confusing and spiritually tumultous time. D&D was unfamiliar and sounded dangerous; Wizard was an old 30s movie they remembered from their childhood and presumably harmless. I suspect some in my generation are fond of our D&D stuff but are miffed at our kid's FPS/video stuff.

I still remember all the urban legends of disappearing children being used for satanic sacrifice (great X-files epi about same; think was called 'Szygy'). apparently, not one actual case proven. A lot of older Church people readily believed and repeated these tales; it fitted their world view about end times and evil activity.
Ha ha! Silly church people! the world has just gotten better and better!
edit on 2-3-2013 by works4dhs because: add insightful comment

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Completely agree with you, to be honest I've found myself looking at these threads intrigued but always coming out disappointed, it seems some people just look for any small sign and over-exaggerate it. One that made me laugh was showing artists doing the 'devil horns' hand gesture and claiming they do it to make their fans worship Satan.

I've done it thousands of times, even at a Black Sabbath gig last year and worshipping Satan has never really crossed my mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Its all a big act, the managers of the music industry tell the musicians or pop stars to say they are possessed or worship the devil, they use this tacit to generate sales.

How exactly does this generate sales? Please explain this to me.

And most of these artists have admitted to being interested in spiritualism.

Go look up Santana and his visions of Metatron telling him he was going to be hooked up with the greatest musicians of the day.

If one of your friends told you they were spoken to be a spirit who said they were going to be a huge rockstar you would drag their crazy ass to the psych ward not put them on a stage to perform some of the greatest guitar solos of the era.

Then you actors like Denzel W saying he gets on his knees and prays to the spirit world for help in performing a scene.

Oprah goes on about consulting here spirit guides while walking in the forest.

They all talk about this AFTER they have made it big, not while they are blowing up. There is NO reason to spout the crazy talk that comes out of their lips at this point.

Of course it is easier to just ignore the actual words being spoken by these people to go on living you fantasy, but the trend seems to be that many many famous and successful artists actually believe that they are influenced by the spirit world or they are all in on some hilarious inside joke to make the general public believe some ridiculous story about spirits.

Or you could read some literature written by one Alistair Crowley and actually have a clue of these folks go about it.

w/e enjoy yourself, don't worry about a thing nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Both Denzel and Oprah claim to be christians so the spirit they are probably praying to or trying to get in touch with is the holy spirit.

Santana and those that believe something else are free to do that? Just because some in other religions want to label then evil or satanic does not make them so.

This generates sales because rebellious youth want to embrace something that they feel is theirs and that goes against anything that has been forced on them. The most common is probably religion.

edit on 2-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Both Denzel and Oprah claim to be christians so the spirit they are probably praying to or trying to get in touch with is the holy spirit.

Santana and those that believe something else are free to do that? Just because some in other religions want to label then evil or satanic does not make them so.

This generates sales because rebellious youth want to embrace something that they feel is theirs and that goes against anything that has been forced on them. The most common is probably religion.

So rebellious youth are going to embrace Christianity as per your explanation . . .

Your post really seems to have you back tracking here.

FYI most religions do not follow the teachings of their holy books and do you even understand what evil/ satanic/ luciferian is?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
remember the stories of how if you played the records backwards you could hear satanic messages in the music?

Really?
Its starts around 40 seconds in

Its clear as day.
I do not remember the exact quote but the bible says something along the lines of satan hides him self in backwords, reversed, upside down ect.....
I am not a christian, i understand that a large number of religions derived from one religion, that is older then Christianity. Some of the worlds most powerful people worship "daemons".

Their is obviously something going on hear. Most of the artist have no idea what they are being played in. The larger ones who are in powrful positions with influance the masses at a grate level do.

They tell you who they are

If you nay sayers actually took some time to research the topic BEFORE DISMISSING IT, then you find artist, celebrity's, producers, designers, and the list goes on for a long while, talking about the occult practices they do.
You can go to one of these show's and find the exact rituals they are playing out on stage in occult books.
Many people thought the official 9/11 story was legit, any one that said other wise was a crazy crack pot. After time, people had actually researched the topic and now its publicly excepted because its the truth.

Do some theral research before you dismiss it.

Do more then watch youtube vidoe's, its far deeper then most of these homemade video's witch give no credit to the topic because they are not explained.

Deny ignorance

Dont ignore, do some research

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Rebellious youth are going to rebel against whatever religion their parents may have sought to instill in them. This generates sales. Don't know how you came away with anything else.

FYI most religions do not follow the teachings of their holy books and do you even understand what evil/ satanic/ luciferian is?

I understand what you might think it is. Doesn't make it true though.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Its all a big act, the managers of the music industry tell the musicians or pop stars to say they are possessed or worship the devil, they use this tacit to generate sales.

This has been going on far longer then the internet. Most people did not have this information before the internet. You think it started in the 60's? Try 20's....

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Unless you've actually studied what these things are, and what the signs mean.

Yes.. it all looks like claptrap.. dribble... rich folks being silly and all that.

There's a reason some of us *that aren't Religious zealots thank you* are all over this like a rash.

Elvis was controversial, he outraged folks with his hip swaying.. that WAS hysteria
For a long time.. much of the hysteria was unfounded.. and when you look back at it with folks confessions of deals the true puppets of Satan went under the radar.. as they were fobbed off as "just hippes" but also.. that was a different time, music/entertainment wasn't the mass media tool it is now. you'd sway a few.. but the drop in the pond was tiny in comparison to today's electronic medium.

D&D.. lol.. we all know D&D was grossly misunderstood, but here's why..
You sit at a board, normally in a circle, invoking *chance* at every play.. you held magic cards with powers and consulted them for you next move... WE know it was just a game.. but to a zealot, you may as well be sitting around a Ouija reading tarot cards... It wasn't the game,it was the symbolism that set off alarm bells, and the fact that none of us had a clue about what was so *evil* made them even more fearful... as that's.. kinda a sign.

So now we have today, and signs far worse than a D&D game are being fed into your psyhce on an hourly basis, your kids emulate these popstars on the playground.. and it all becomes the new norm.

That's why were freaked, Because when Satan convinces man he doesn't exist.. to a point where he can send the AC and you'll all think he's some awesome guy with cool powers... your screwed.

Guess what...
edit on 2-3-2013 by Xarian6 because: typo :p

edit on 2-3-2013 by Xarian6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unsustainable
Completely agree with you, to be honest I've found myself looking at these threads intrigued but always coming out disappointed, it seems some people just look for any small sign and over-exaggerate it. One that made me laugh was showing artists doing the 'devil horns' hand gesture and claiming they do it to make their fans worship Satan.

I've done it thousands of times, even at a Black Sabbath gig last year and worshipping Satan has never really crossed my mind.

Do these youtube video's do not justice. You are missing larger piece of the puzzle. Such as many artist, celebrity's producers ect... saying they are involved in this. Do some research before you dismiss it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Rebellious youth are going to rebel against whatever religion their parents may have sought to instill in them. This generates sales. Don't know how you came away with anything else.

I understand what you might think it is. Doesn't make it true though.

Really?

Well why don't you tell me what I think it is exactly?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why don't you tell us so that there is no confusion?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Why don't you tell us so that there is no confusion?

Well you said you knew what my interpretation of the matter was so I suggest you get on with explaining it to clear up the matter.

Otherwise you are really just a clown who came along to discredit the matter.

Or you can merely retract your statement of what you claim to know about me or my beliefs and come of as same kind of bigot you were likely going to try and paint me as.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Do these youtube video's do not justice. You are missing larger piece of the puzzle. Such as many artist, celebrity's producers ect... saying they are involved in this. Do some research before you dismiss it.

I don't dismiss it at all, I am actually a music student so these type of things interest me greatly. It's just that I haven't seen too much evidence for it, although I can understand why people would believe that there are higher powers involved in getting these people where they are. As you said though I should do my own research rather than listening to the rants of others, my comment was only concerning the videos and posts I've seen that seem over-exaggerated.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My exact words were "what you might think it is".

So it stands and what you might think those things are is probably in line with the popular christian idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

I don't dismiss it at all, I am actually a music student so these type of things interest me greatly. It's just that I haven't seen too much evidence for it, although I can understand why people would believe that there are higher powers involved in getting these people where they are. As you said though I should do my own research rather than listening to the rants of others, my comment was only concerning the videos and posts I've seen that seem over-exaggerated.

Keep in mind that their is all so allot of disinformation out their to make topics such as this seem dumb. Allot of the video's on youtube are just that.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

My exact words were "what you might think it is".

So it stands and what you might think those things are is probably in line with the popular christian idea.

I want to know what you think it is....

This nation most popular religion is Christianity the fokelore depicted is a REPRESENTATION of what these people have experienced. Their are so many other religions that are just the same as Christianity, they may not call the satin, satin but its still the same character.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

The reason I'm posting this trip down insanity lane is because I'm noticing an ALARMING amount of posts that people are posting about "so and so is demon possessed", etc... - and I'm here to set the record straight.

I notice that most of these threads focus on sexy black girl singers. There's often a psycho-sexual aspect to these fixations, as was seen in the Satanic-ritual-abuse panic of the 1980s.

While we shouldn't discount the possibility that the upsurge of such threads on ATS is the work of a PR flack hired by the record industry—they all seem to emanate from a single poster—it's also worth noting that this kind of tripe plays best in a certain demographic: poor, white, right-wing fundamentalist Christians. Essentially, it's projection—these people are accusing others of what they secretly (though perhaps unconsciously) yearn to do themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join