It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian Vampire Cult.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

It is an interesting concept for sure that the two myths (lycanthropy and vampirism) were originally linked. It actually plays as the central theme to a story I have been working on for a little while now. In which a man "gifts" two sisters with these attributes. One sister becomes a vampire and the other a wolf. It allows for some fun story lines!

OP,

Thanks for the thread! Wow. Vampire myths are even older and more widespread than I suspected!
S&F!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i think 4 different themes, possibly even 5, are being picked up and melded together as if they were all the same. i don't think that's the case.

ancient rulers ingesting "starfire", associated with chemicals found in menstrual blood to increase lifespan.
www.halexandria.org...

however, there's also the case of vampirism in which the targeted individual doesn't even know they are a target. their attackers are not operating in the same dimension. they are sapping the energy of the person via some other dimensional portal that is completely invisible to the naked, 3d eye. think of the people in the matrix film, completely oblivious to being hooked into machines that are using their body's energy to operate the machinery of the matrix.
www.youtube.com...

a possible third scenario, similar to the matrix but not employed the same, is the concept of magical dimensions. in this sense they are like a combination of the matrix machines and vampire legend. minus the machines as the vampires and add vampires as vampires.

the honey bee concept, which shares alot of similarities with the starfire concept -- the nectar of the gods, ambrosia. in this example however, only certain people are born to produce the nectar. i don't see this so much as vampirism but rather more of a shared understanding between the queen bee and her court.

there's probably several other examples as well such as cannabalism when it isn't necessary for nutrition or survival.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
There are scattered referances in Sumerian/Mesopotamian literature to seven vampiric Demons, the Gallu, the tradition for this would appear to date back to at least the 3rd Millenia BC, and seems to suggest a most intriguing background, in which the primordial rulers of the cosmos were overthrown and remained ever vengeful within the Netherworld were they had been consigned.

Thanks for another excellent post Kantzveldt.
Nothing to add (or nothing of value)...just marking your thread with this...marker...to return.
Thanks...again.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe these creatures are the culprits responsible for cattle mutilations
The cattle are said to be drained of all blood when found and that there are no marks or tracks leading to or from the carcass.

ETA: or Nephilim, demons/aliens/mutidimensional beings (all one in the same possibly, including the Sumerian Vampires also being one in the same?)

Skeptic Speculation

edit on 3-3-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

My word Kantz, I knew there just had to be some ancient history that would pinpoint vampirism but I really had know idea save some heavy suspicions it would reach back thus far. Wow what a thread. Excellent !

SnF
edit on 3-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Much thanks for the link I must admit an intellectual bias here I tried not go off much into the works of Zecharia Sitchin but the below have my mind reeling back to his works giving me pause for thought about what it implies,but what if the ancients weren't making stuff up.

We see this slavery again in our origins; being of the Blood of Kingu, the great Adversary and husband/son of Tiamat, the gods so hated his power that they used his blood to create humans, the slaves of the gods. Enlil in the myth of Atar-hasis shows that the blood and genetic inheritance of Kingu lived on in humans, making early ones noisy and disturbing the sleep of Enlil, much like he and the others gods did to Absu and Tiamat. Enlil, enraged created the flood to destroy humanity and so he could more easily keep survivors in check.

warlockasylum.wordpress.com...
And didn't the Lamashtu character made an appearence in the Omen and the Exocrcist

And the winged motifs are shared by both Kemet and Sumer but not only that they shared the name Anu one of the founding ethnic group of Kemet,Genesis 10:8-10, “And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
All Sumerian cities^,but history tells us they are two separate language and ethnic groups although they had contacts see Samuel N Kramer.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think it's disgusting that the ancients wrote of their reality in ways they knew would last forever. Only to be called myth by today's science. I don't trust men enough to believe that. Not at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nice OP. All these stories are being unearthed, pieced together which are not new to us. They always sound familiar like we already heard these stories before. Who got them first? How do these old tales carry on? It reminds me of "the watchers" whom came down casted out of Heaven on earth; the fallen angels. They were extremely knowledgeable and started civilization by teaching man to write, count, fabricate weapons, astronomy, build structures, melt metals, use drugs, alcohol, etc. Man being mentally surpassed by these extremely old and experienced creatures were manipulated to make war on his brother. The fallen were/are trying to turn God' creation against Him.

Perhaps, all the characters you wrote about in the OP are the fallen angels. Drinking blood being part of the forbidden knowledge to show their power to us impressionable humans. Now, they have prevailed (even after the flood?) and use writings to confuse us away from the truth, away from our Father. Masters of illusions like Hollywood, making movies about vampires, attractive, young looking everlasting beings who drink blood for sustenance. Almost a sexual act when they feast off of their prey. Telling stories of love to make them likeable and "human". Maybe these movies are designed to make the image of blood drinking beasts seem like non-sense, surreal yet sexy and appealing or some form of desire for power. On one hand convincing the world they don't exist (greatest trick of the devil) and taking our money to feed the loop. How many people make the assumption that the devil doesn't exist and by extension God too?

Am I crazy?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Do vampire cults still exist? I think it's reasonable to believe that somewhere on this earth, there are vampire cults still.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Well, there certainly is pop-culture following! "Twilight" series anyone? "The Vampire Diaries", Buffy the Vampire","True Blood" Anne Rice?

For the life of me, I don't understand the attraction!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by blahxd67

Well, there certainly is pop-culture following! "Twilight" series anyone? "The Vampire Diaries", Buffy the Vampire","True Blood" Anne Rice?

For the life of me, I don't understand the attraction!

I'm sure they all suck. But I only know about Twilight, and that sucks.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You'd be an even bigger fool to believe in the gods man made up.
These are all legends and stories from before the age of reason. What is disgusting is treating them as anything more. But you don't have to live in any inkling of reality if you don't want to, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

I'll have to check that out then, thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

HA ha that's what you say. But as far as I'm concerned, you can trust in lies all you want. I'd rather believe in those who bathed ritually upon every mistake they made. No comparison in my mind. But you are among those who believe the lies.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you suggesting that these gods are real?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
reply to post by randyvs

Are you suggesting that these gods are real?

I'm saying that those who went to this much trouble to make record that would last thru ages. Would only do so about important realities. I doubt they would care to make such a record of rumor, myth or lies. It's the time and effort involved that equates to more than BS in my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thanks for this post and all the other people that have contributed. There is a verse in Genesis, after the Flood where God comes down from above and the covenant of the rainbow is given where God says he requires the blood of man, in some translations it sounds exactly like the blood of man and the blood of all animals belongs to God, and that we are not to drink of the blood, it only belongs and is for God. I have always suspected a vampire connection, this helps to confirm it. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing, I love everything related to Sumer. Vampires are just a bonus! Very intriguing indeed..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Great thread
Will keep an eye on it

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Recall that even Romulus and Remus, the legendary founders of Rome, were supposedly suckled on a she-wolf. This could be interpreted a number of ways, but it's good to note these "coincidences" when they occur for future reference anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join