It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going on with conspiracy forums?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
came across this and at first I didn't think much of it. But Now I have noticed 5 other conspiracy forums I visit have all gone offline, anyone know of anything going on? Normally I don't think much of sites going down but when you have similar sites going down around the same time that are not hosted on the same servers or hosts it is a little strange.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

There is every possibility that, at least as far as ATS goes, a former disgruntled member managed to throw together a small scale DDoS group.

Then again, Cybercommand is hiring, the NSA has their new Utah facility, and it seems most of the rules that used to govern America have been quietly replaced with a more "East Berlin before the fall of the wall" methodology. The idea of attacking fringe websites and then blaming those attacks on other fringe web communities seems to fit quite nicely into the false flag concept.

A year ago I wouldn't have even considered option two. Now? Now I tend to lean in its favor.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I read a fairly descriptive account on another site today that gave the name of the culprit that was behind the "Attack". The attack was to multiple sites and they have been apprehended by the authorities as reported on that site.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Did ATS go down at all? If it did I missed it.
edit on 2-3-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
out with the old, in with the new time.
cards are forcibly being shown. there is no more hiding.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

There is every possibility that, at least as far as ATS goes, a former disgruntled member managed to throw together a small scale DDoS group.

Then again, Cybercommand is hiring, the NSA has their new Utah facility, and it seems most of the rules that used to govern America have been quietly replaced with a more "East Berlin before the fall of the wall" methodology. The idea of attacking fringe websites and then blaming those attacks on other fringe web communities seems to fit quite nicely into the false flag concept.

A year ago I wouldn't have even considered option two. Now? Now I tend to lean in its favor.

Well at the other places everyone thought it was maintenance but once people started seeing that the other sites were down we all kinda got nervous. Not even anon-wannabes are taking credit for it. Jumped on a chat and found that there are more CT sites down. Some are off line and others are hit and miss, one is claiming that they are getting DoS'd

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
One thing to consider is how the sites find funding. Donation and paid membership sites often seem to have issues over and above the norm. But, fear not! Your monetary support will help pay for new "stuff" to help keep the site safe, secure and open to all

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WillowWisp
One thing to consider is how the sites find funding. Donation and paid membership sites often seem to have issues over and above the norm. But, fear not! Your monetary support will help pay for new "stuff" to help keep the site safe, secure and open to all

lol, that is nice of you and all to hold that party line but most forums are in fact free. I can only think of one or two that accept payment and it is optional. Most forums do not even have advertisements AND don't take money AND don't have moderators.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I read a fairly descriptive account on another site today that gave the name of the culprit that was behind the "Attack". The attack was to multiple sites and they have been apprehended by the authorities as reported on that site.

You talking about... travistock inc? I think that was a rumor and its unconfirmed?
I know we are not supposed to mention other sites but give me a break on this one

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

ahh. My apologies. I've only managed to stumble across ones that try to stand out and appear in just about every search for topics that don't fit the description of everyday curiosity. You must frequent some forums that my sort of person is unlikely to stumble across. The sites that I uncover often offer "perks" for paying or ask for donations to keep the site "free".

I've noticed that those sort of sites often experience problems that are often followed by campaigns to increase memberships and/or donations. Makes a person wonder if certain business models are profitable if the business can entice a certain type of consumer.

Sorry if I made an assumption about the sites that you visit.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No ATS did not go down, our fearless leader was on top of it! He thinks ahead. SkepticOverlord rocks, and he knows it.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
ONE WEBSITE!!! .....ONE WEBSITE TO RULE THEM ALL!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I DON'T KNOW if this is related or not . . .

anyone else frequently visiting such sites have this experience . . . emails not being received that you send and no undeliverable msg coming back either. Also, not receiving emails that others are sending me--selected drops--not across the board. Mystifying. Don't know if the PTB are dinking with things . . . or not.

Certainly they can.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
About a hour ago or so I noticed the site went down for about 5-10 minutes. (The first time I've encountered that since I've been on this website.)

I wouldn't really get to worried about it. Although I don't search around on other forums, I stick to just his one. So perhaps there are people DDOSing forums. But I doubt it's government doing it, if that were the case, they could take full control easily. After all, the government doesn't have amateur hackers.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
one of the major sites has been under attack for at least a week now and is currently down.

Last week they listed the source of the attacked and had the site on lock down, what ever that mean. Lots of bans in place as they tried to stop the attacks.

the site I am referring to is one of Gods chosen ones. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rken2
one of the major sites has been under attack for at least a week now and is currently down.

Last week they listed the source of the attacked and had the site on lock down, what ever that mean. Lots of bans in place as they tried to stop the attacks.

the site I am referring to is one of Gods chosen ones. lol

Yeah he is being blamed but to be honest it seems like they already had problems with this guy and this was just an excuse to give him the boot. Some of the sites that are being attacked i know for a fact he was not a member nor did he lurk there.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well,I've been experiencing a fair bit of trouble with ATS tonight regularly getting 'timed out server' message.I don't really frequent other conspiracy sites so can't report on them but I've had no problems anywhere else online.

Also my usual font's changed.I suspect foul play

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Strange, ATS just bugged out on my again for a few minutes, anyone experience the same?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

Yes, I've been surfing ATS in stealth mode and it's been acting up quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It was down for about 20 minutes for me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join