It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Fascists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They were always with us. Throughout the ages. They have all sorts of names, but I think it's appropriate to call them ''little fascists''. Mind fascists, mostly. These are people who follow you around (!), thinking you are up to no good; people who will tell lies about you, but never in your presence.

These people are especially common in ''politically correct'' societies, where they scream racism/inequality/this person touched my child/this person is strange/what have you. Without any relevance in their lives, they turn to absurd, insignificant things, and if there is an equally intellectually-impoverished ''authority'' figure to listen to their complaints/claims, you've got yourself a potentially life-ruining situation. I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about. Politically-correct societies are conducive to this level of idiocy.

Social media - especially Facebook - has shown just how common these people are. Look at any discussion and you will see them everywhere. These people can flourish by hiding behind their screens.

If you ever met them in person, they'd be running away like crazy, denying everything.

I sometimes wonder if these people have souls. They don't appear to be psychopaths, but they're so robotic, as if someone wrote a script and they acted out every scene, every thought. They serve the elite well without knowing it, no doubt - useful idiots at their best. Perhaps societies were engineered to be this way, who knows?

Their incredible predictability makes it easy to control them: you can flatter them (you look nice today, for example, which most of the time is just bull#), pretend they know things better than you (which mostly isn't the case), and they just might be eating out of the palm of your hand.

Arguing with these little pesky minds is pointless: firmness and calmness works best (if you can manage).

If you do attack them, hitting them fast and hard works best, I find: they must know their place as soon as possible or else they'll keep following you around.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlowThruSpace
pretend they know things better than you

Oh the irony.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace

Social media - especially Facebook - has shown just how common these people are. Look at any discussion and you will see them everywhere. These people can flourish by hiding behind their screens.
If you ever met them in person, they'd be running away like crazy, denying everything.
I sometimes wonder if these people have souls. They don't appear to be psychopaths, but they're so robotic, as if someone wrote a script and they acted out every scene, every thought. They serve the elite well without knowing it, no doubt - useful idiots at their best.

Well for one thing we can't look at your Facebook discussions. My friends aren't anything like that.
We are of common mind and we don't "hide behind our screens". We discuss things that are interesting and sometimes funny.

And if you met one on the street I doubt they would be " they'd be running away like crazy, denying everything."

How do you know that?/

Have you met "them" on the street??

Maybe you just got burned by someone who wasn't really a "friend" and have some problems with that...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

I sometimes wonder if these people have souls. They don't appear to be psychopaths, but they're so robotic, as if someone wrote a script and they acted out every scene, every thought. They serve the elite well without knowing it, no doubt - useful idiots at their best.

Well for one thing we can't look at your Facebook discussions. My friends aren't anything like that.
We are of common mind and we don't "hide behind our screens". We discuss things that are interesting and sometimes funny.

And if you met one on the street I doubt they would be " they'd be running away like crazy, denying everything."

How do you know that?/

Have you met "them" on the street??

Maybe you just got burned by someone who wasn't really a "friend" and have some problems with that...

Too many assumptions on your part. Common occurrence. Good luck to you, Sir, it is not my place to alter your view of the world. I am merely sharing an experience, not just my own, but that of many, many people. If you did not encounter such individuals, good for you.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Too many assumptions on your part.

Assumptions??

I simply went off what YOU wrote in your OP.

And asked questions.

Last line of my first post was just IMHO.

And if your "friends" on Facebook are jerks, then why have them as friends in the first place???
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Too many assumptions on your part.

Assumptions??

I simply went off what YOU wrote in your OP.

And asked questions.

Last line of my first post was just IMHO.

And if your "friends" on Facebook are jerks, then why have them as friends in the first place???
edit on 3/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

While I do appreciate your advice regarding jerk friends, this is not what I meant at all. Facebook was just to illustrate a point, not to turn it into a discussion fulcrum, so to speak.

To answer your previous point: indeed, they will run away from you. They will first (virtually) spit in your face and when you confront them in person, they'll just pretend nothing happened/ attempt to run away. I'm sure if you ask around, you'll find people who'll just nod their heads and say: ''oh yeah, I know that type..''

I will end this discussion with you now, as nothing productive will ever come out of it. Good day, Sir.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I used to be like you. Then I realised that you can't end a discussion by having your say and declaring the conversation over. If you genuinely want to part on amicable terms, you need to let the other person have the last word, otherwise you look belligerent and arrogant. If you just want your word to be the last one, continue as you were.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-3-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo
double post
edit on 1-3-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

That's one way to get the last word in.

haha..

j/k

off to unfriend people on face book and send them 6 second videos of me spitting in their faces..

harroooooooo...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The have various names Trolls, Control freaks, Bullies. They will never go away.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

they will run away from you. They will first (virtually) spit in your face and when you confront them in person, they'll just pretend nothing happened/ attempt to run away. I'm sure if you ask around, you'll find people who'll just nod their heads and say: ''oh yeah, I know that type..''

so you have a lot of first hand knowledge / experience of this???

If so, maybe you are the problem.

new topics

top topics

join