It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Anti-America Threaders~

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I do not hate Americans they are people just like people anywhere on the planet.... However I would say your government has a lot to answer for in respect to current world problems..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Get your head out of you ass for once. I know they didnt teach you a lot about other countries in school, but thats not an excuse for being ignorant.

This comment is just plain rude as I'm the first person not to watch MSM and find alternative sources of media because of the blatent propaganda that is blasted to the masses. So sir I would ask you not to make assumptions as what are the first 3 letters in assumption. and that is what you sounded like. And no we learned American History, but I did however have a brilliant High School History teacher who did open my eyes to this debacle that is going on. So I now I wish I could take that star back and replace it with a frowning face

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
This will get moved to the rant section in 3...2....1... I am an American who served honorably for 13 years in the military and did 6 combat deployments. I tell you that in order to qualify my next statement, which is... I don't blame the rest of the world for hating us. American imperialism has killed millions of innocent people worldwide. It has stolen resources from the people of many nations, and it has bankrupted our country, which in turn has bankrupted every other country. The petrodollar has been the biggest tool of terrorism over the last 40 years. I love America, at least the idea of what America is supposed to be, but we aren't that. Instead we are the world's bully and the rest of the world is getting sick of it, and I don't blame them. Have a nice day

edit* The reason I did 13 years is because it was at that time I came to the realize the truth about how the US military is used, and I wanted no part of it anymore, and so I got out instead of doing another 7 years and retiring.
edit on 1-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

I dont thank you for your service rhetoric, though i appreciate what you have gone through.... i simply thank you for your Honesty and integrity,,,,

Maybe we need more people like you in this world...people who have seen first hand the Damage and Horrors caused by the rich at the cost of the poor for what....Oil, riches, we need to learn to share in this world...
I'm not anti American...i'm just cant stomach the Rich Schitting on the less fortunate of this world...it needs to stop for us to move forward in our evolution or we are all condemned to death...

I'm more Anti British establishment than i am anti American....though both kinda go hand in hand...and we wonder why we are hated???.....because we are the school bully with the big stick...utterly shameful..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'll be the first to admit that they have more to answer for than they can chew and i'm waiting for the final collapse which feels like a waiting game in itself. Thank you for the positive criticism as I loved your post, makes me sick to my stomach that this is my country and those are the stats but I will take that criticism. star~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Everyone, thank you for the comments and I would like to continue this thread at a later time as I will be in transit soon. I deeply appreciate the positive and oddly enough some of the negative because this Young American's head is not up his arse and is looking for answers. Again thank you to all the servicemen for there posts and thoughts on the matter. It was by no means to start confrontation but a outlet to start getting the crap on the table. I look forward to our next talk ^_^

Sulaw

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This reads like a troll post trying to bait people into a divisive argument about a non issue.

If I were you guys i wouldn't even bother with this sort or garbage. The op makes grand proclamations of other people using generalizations only to generalize themselves.

My opinion, this is a troll thread. Look at the join date.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Listen to the words of this song:-

www.youtube.com...

Americans take heart. You will get there in the end.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

ummm, no, it doesn't work like that.
cookies or not, the treaty stands and that is the first problem to resolve.
[if you aren't familiar, no harm done, get familiar ... once you are familiar, please explain to anyone how it reflects a battle WON as we've been taught]

it is great that you are willing to jump in the fire but i do hope you're wearing a fire-suit before you endeavor to devour yourself.

here, i'll even throw ya a rope ...

step 1 - learn America's history !!!
step 2 - understand America's history
step 3 - decide if You are an American or 'in name only'.
step 4 - refresh and expand your knowledge of America's history.
step 5 - when you think you have a clue, explain how the Treaty of 1783 (ending the Revolutionary War) is indicative of a "win" for America.
step 6 - understand how and why the Crown never relinquished claim on American commerce
step 7 - learn the 'laws' and use them to your advantage
step 8 - remember if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
step 9 - practice the Golden Rule (do unto others ... or whatever your culture promotes)
step 10 - when lost, confused, confronted or just plain weary from it all, start a #1 and persevere.

above all, understand what was/is before you can effectively change it.
the rest comes naturally and those who react in offense will soon find that the American defense is stronger than ever.

need a link to get started ?
treaty
(try to keep in mind that Article 1 is (the only article) still active, today ... 230+yrs later, why ?? )
and, since the other aspects were specifically included, (territory, government, propriety) why wasn't 'commerce' even mentioned ??
that Was a MAJOR point of the war in the first place.
quoted from this thread with other pertinent links included should you be interested in following up.

Nature is not unforgiving, humans are.
Nature is pure and absolute, humans are corrupt.
Humans always endeavor to compete, Nature does not.
Nature provides all the answers should we choose to see.

to equip any team, you need the proper tools.
so again, start by understanding where you are and then invite others to understand, just don't be surprised if your newfound knowledge is spited, dismissed and challenged at every turn.
sometimes, the truth hurts.

do we suffer generations of failure to see what is right before us, sure ... is any one generation in particular to blame ?? maybe, maybe not ... however, i choose to blame the current ones cause we have the power to change it, question is, will we ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Your list of US conflicts from 1775 pales into insignificance compared with the number of wars Britain has been involved in over the same period :-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

ditto ... and it sure wasn't designed to be that way either.

I'm more Anti British establishment than i am anti American....though both kinda go hand in hand...and we wonder why we are hated???.....because we've become the school bully with the big stick...utterly shameful..
changed it just a smidge cause it's something that can change and should.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

here you go-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Let's be really honest. British wars since 1800's

War of the Second Coalition (1798-1801)-Britain, Austria, Russia, Portugal, Naples and the Ottoman Empire combined to fight Revolutionary France. Spain later joined France against Portugal. This alliance against France formed to counter French moves in Italy; formation of the Roman, Ligurian, Cisalpine and Helvetic Republics in Switzerland and Italy, and the deposition of Papal rule in Rome. Naples was conquered by the French in early 1799 and declared to be the new Parthenopean Republic. Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Turkish Egypt and won the Battle of the Pyramids, continuing his march into what is now Israel and Lebanon. British Admiral Horatio Nelson wiped out the French fleet at the Battle of the Nile in 1798. Due to French victories on land against both Turkish and British troops, the Ottoman Empire made peace with France at the Convention of El-Arish in 1800.

Anglo-French War (1803-1814)--While other European nations waged war and then sued for peace against Napoleonic France, Britain was in a continual state of war against France from 1803 through the first defeat of Napoleon in 1814.

Peninsular War (1807-1814)-This war began with the French Invasions of Portugal and Spain, and also included Great Britain, who sent forces to help the Portuguese and Spanish drive out the French. From the British perspective, the Peninsular War was a part of the long-running war between Britain and France from 1803 to 1814.

The Chesepeake Affair (June 22, 1807)--Naval battle between USS Chesapeake and HMS Leopard

Little Belt Affair (May 16, 1811)--Naval battle between USS President and HMS Little Belt

The War of 1812 (1812-1814)--2nd war between the United States and Great Britain

War of the Seventh Coalition (1815)-After Napoleon's return to France from exile, Britain, Russia, Prussia, Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands and a number of smaller German states combined to fight Napoleon and France. The allies defeated Napoleon once and for all at the Battle of Waterloo.

First Anglo-Afghan War (1838–1842)--

First Opium War (1839-1842)--British-Chinese War

The Crimean War (1853–1856)--Britain, France, and Sardinia joined together to aid the Ottoman Empire, which was under attack by Russia.

Second Opium War (1856-1860)----British-Chinese War

Second Anglo-Afghan War (1878–1880)--

First Boer War (1880–1881) --

The Second Boer War (1899-1902)--Britain vs. The Boer Republics (Orange Free State and Transvaal) in what is now South Africa.

Somali "Mad Mullah" Jihad (1899-1905)--Somali tribesmen led by religious leader Muhammad ibn Abd Allah Hasan waged a desert guerrilla war against Britain, Italy and Ethiopia. Following repeated defeats by the Somalis, the colonial powers offered him territory in Italian Somaliland in exchange for peace. He resumed his war in 1908 and harassed the occupiers of his country until 1920.

The Boxer Rebellion (1899-1900)-- The Chinese secret religious and nationalistic Society of the Righteous Harmonious Fists (Boxers), initiated a rebellion against both foreign colonizers, missionaries and their own government in 1899. By 1900, the Chinese government had co-opted the rebels and directed their violent fury entirely upon the foreign presence in China. The Boxers, aided by Chinese Imperial troops, besieged the diplomatic legations (embassies) of the Western powers and Japan, sparking a truly international response. A retaliatory relief expedition composed of troops from: the United State, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Austria-Hungary, Russia and Japan invaded China and captured the capital of Peking (now called Beijing).

World War One (1914-1918)--The first "official" world war was originally known as "The Great War," and also as "The World War."

Russian Civil War--Britain, along with the United States, France, and Japan, intervened unsuccessfully in the civil war in Russia that brought the Communists to power.

Anglo-Irish War (1919–1921)--Resulted in the formation of the Irish Free State, and the division of Ireland, with the six northern counties (Ulster), chosing to remain a part of the United Kingdom.

Third Anglo-Afghan War (May-August, 1919)--

World War Two (1939-1945)

Anglo-Iraq War of 1941 (April 18, 1941 to May 30, 1941)--The Anglo-Iraqi War of 1941, also known as the Rashid Ali Coup, was a relatively small, but very significant part of the Second World War. Since the ending of the British Mandate and the advent of full Iraqi independence in 1932, Britain retained a great deal of military influence in Iraq, despite lingering opposition from many Arab nationalists. One of these nationalists, Rashid Ali, seized power in Baghdad and refused British requests to allow British military forces to enter Iraq. Britain at this time was fighting German and Italian forces in North Africa and were preparing to invade Vichy French-held Syria. (The Vichy French were working with the Germans and British and Free French forces needed to secure the region). Believing promises of German support, Rashid Ali ordered his forces to attack British bases in western Iraq and to oppose the landing of British forces at the southern city of Basra. German support appeared in the form of a small number of Luftwaffe fighter planes, and the British forces quickly defeated the Iraqi military.
Cold War (1945-1990)--Britain, along with the United States and other Western nations, formed the backbone of anti-Communist resistance in the Cold War.

Greek Civil War (1944-1947)--British forces became involved in the early stages of the Greek Civil War when they liberated Greece from German occupation toward the end of 1944. As the Germans withdrew, competing Greek factions fought for control. The British sided with the re-established Greek government against the Communist rebels. Due to financial pressures and their own need to recover from World War Two, Britain announced a withdrawal of forces in 1947. The Greek Civil War continued until 1949, with the United States taking over the role of protector for the government. British combat involvement primarily took place in 1944 and 1945. The Greek Civil War continued until the Greek government defeated the rebels in 1949.

Palestine (1945-1948)

Malayan Emergency (1948-1960)

Korean War (1950-1953)--Britain contributed significant military forces to the United Nations cause.

Anglo-Egyptian War of 1951-1952 (1951-1952)--Egyptian guerrillas, aided by the governement carried out a campaign against British forces stationed at the Suez Canal and agains other symbols of Britain and the West. On January 25, 1952, British troops retaliated against Egypt by attacking an Egyptian police station, killing 50 and wounding 100. The conflict ended with a change in the Egyptian government and the eventual withdrawal of British troops. This conflict led to Britain's involvment in the 1956 Anglo-French-Israeli invasion of Egypt in 1956. (see below)

Mau Mau Insurgency in Kenya (1952-1956)

Suez War of 1956--(1956)--Britain and France invaded Egypt (in conjunction with Israel), in an ill-planned attempt to take control of the Suez Canal from Egypt.

Cyprus Emergency (1955-1959)

Muscat and Oman Intervention (1957-1959)--British troops aide the goverment of Muscat and Oman (now known simply as Oman), against rebels. British troops withdrew after a successful campaign.

Jordan Intervention (1958)--Britain airlifted troops to Jordan in response to a request for aid from the Jordanian king. King Hussein felt threatened by the recent union of Syria and Egypt, as well as the violent revolution in Iraq in which the Iraq king, a member of Hussein's family, was brutally murdered. After the situation calmed down, British troops left Jordan.

Brunei Revolt (1962) --

Indonesia-Malaysia confrontation (1962–1966) --

Ugandan Army Mutiny (1964)--The army of Uganda, which had recently become independent of Britain, mutinied against the government of President Milton Obote in January of 1964. Unable to control the situation, Obote called for help from British forces who put down the revolt.

Aden Conflict (1964-1967) --

Conflict in Northern Ireland (1969-1998)--

Falkland Islands War (1982)-The military dictatorship in Argentina mistakenly believed that Britain, led by Prime Minister Margaret "Iron Lady" Thatcher, would not wage a war over the tiny Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. When the Argentines invaded the British-owned and British-inhabited Falkland Islands in April of 1982, the British responded by sending the Royal Navy and other military units to liberate the islands from the Argentine invaders. The British defeated the Argentines and liberated the islands. As a direct result of the disasterous war with Britain, the Argentine dictatorship fell and was replaced by a democracy.

Gulf War (1991)--Britain was one of the major Western allies to resist Iraq's invasion of Kuwait

The Bosnian War (1995–1996) --

The Kosovo War (1999) --

Afghanistan War (2001-Present)--Britain joined with the United States and other allies to oust the Taliban and al-Qaida from power in Afghanistan in the wake of al-Qaida's September 11 attacks on the United States.

Global War

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

Artoo you are right that comment was wrong of me. My appologies, as I was a bit more than heated writting the original OP. Let me better antiquate for you.

Let's change that comment with the pursuit of happiness, would this be politically correct?

As i'm not afraid to admit when i'm wrong i'm not looking to make enemies, I want answers~

Listen. I hate your foreign policy. I hate your government for the way it is treating its own people. Its disgusting to see how much power big corporations have in USa. I love to watch NBA, but i hate the ******* commercials between every break. I mean, your country has turned in to a #hole filled with fastfood, crappy Hollywood movies quick loans, guns, soft drinks, MSM brainwashing and whatnot. Thats just a small example.
Why do people criticize your country you ask yourself ?! It might be because your country, like it or not, has proclaimed itself as the "leader" of the so called "free world" People expect more and are fed up with the way USA is handling things.
I dont admire you for being an American as things are today, in fact its the opposite

On other hand, I would love to see your country lead the world with true freedom and democracy, because it has the potential for doing so. I would any time prefer USA being the "leader" than China or Russia, but god damn something has to change soon.

edit on 1-3-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Then lets just take our noses out of other peoples countries. Lets pull our troops out of every country we are in. No more selling planes, tanks or any other weapons too other countries. And if someone wants to sell us oil for a hundred dollars a barrel lets return the favor and start selling corn and wheat for a hundred dollars a bushel. No more aid to people who need it for anything (we should be taking care of our own anyways). Of course if we did this the politicians would be heart broken in our country. We don't need ambassadors from other countries as they don't need ours in there countries. Really I'm also working on cutting down on our spending problem in the process of solving the anti American........two birds with one stone. Remember in this day an age......that it is easier to hate then it is to love.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I will however still defend my right to free speech and tell all the negative posters enough is enough.
While denying them the self-same right? It's an international forum...if you don't like what you're reading...stop reading.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

Your list of US conflicts from 1775 pales into insignificance compared with the number of wars Britain has been involved in over the same period :-

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, Britain started the whole thing with the ME, when they invaded in 1908 to secure the oil that had just been discovered.

But since WWII America has had the dominant role in keeping the ME from becoming a developed region again, and dominating world economics.

Western nations have been dominating the east, and the south, for centuries. To take their resources, and to keep them from becoming economically dominant. In other words reduce the competition.

But as far as America goes, it's not just war, it's the spreading of Americanism around the world. America dominates economically, 6% of the worlds population but owns 50% of the worlds wealth. Wealth it uses to dominate militarily and economically. America is the worlds "1%".

www.globalissues.org...

80% of the world live on less than $10 a day. Simply because capitalism concentrates wealth in the hands of the few, individuals and nations.

edit on 3/1/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

First off it's not a bandwagon, who cares about stars?

Secondly the OP called it American bashing.

And thirdly it's not a competition, as in bashing America because our own country is better. Even though I am English, I live in America, I spent 6 years in it's military, I have a right to bash.

America is at the center of the worlds problems, the allies just follow. Maybe if you all learned how to be self critical instead of this 'we are the greatest' thinking.

Americans bash the rest of the world constantly, everything outside of your borders is the problem according to most Americans. You all think America is the center of the universe. You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

If the history of the world began in 1776 . Do you pretend the world began a little over 230 years ago to support your agenda?

World history is much older than the U.S have you read history? It was no bed of roses. You have every right to "bash" but the world is full of malcontents.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I will however still defend my right to free speech, and tell all the negative posters enough is enough.

How ironic, using your "free speech" to deny others of theirs.

Typical American authoritarian attitude.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Simply because capitalism concentrates wealth in the hands of the few, individuals and nations.

And when hasn't it been? Dude i may be poor but i'm not deluded.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Malcher because: Trying to break my reasonse out of the quote box - lets see if it worked

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Yes it's always been that way, what is your point?

Capitalism concentrates wealth, and America is where it is concentrated at this moment in time.

And that is the problem, mass inequality of wealth is what allows a nation to dominate others.

What creates that inequality? Capitalism, the means of production concentrated in fewer and fewer hands. The means to create wealth, the means to produce needed resources owned by the few and used to make themselves wealthy at the expense of the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join