It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Photo of Alien Planet Forming Snapped by Telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Astronomers have captured what may be the first-ever direct photograph of an alien planet in the process of forming around a nearby star.
The picture, which captured a giant alien planet as it is coming together, was snapped by the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope in Chile. It shows a faint blob embedded in a thick disk of gas and dust around the young star HD 100546. The object appears to be a baby gas giant planet, similar to Jupiter, forming from the disk's material, scientists say.
Very Cool!

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More images will forth coming as our technology gets better. Btw Cool pic & find.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Awesome! Just awesome!

It saddens me that we will die before having a chance to first-hand explore the universe. Perhaps I speak to soon...We can only hope!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just think, we started out like this. Its like looking back in time.

I agree with Quook though, its depressing to think that we (at least me) will probably never get to see our space program venture out.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reading these threads makes me sad. Knowing that we will all be long gone by the time we can even think about exploring these planets. Who knows whats out there, just fascinating stuff.

new topics

top topics

join