It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake panhandler makes $100,000 a year. Scumbag or good businessman?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Regardless of the exaggerated charity case, $ doesn't mean much more and people are giving it volunteeringly.

So the real scumbags are the Rothschilds/13 Royal families who through US/Fed, take the money we work for to buy themselves even more $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000s in gold and to top it off print more money just to spitefully make it not worth anything so this conartists $100,000 earning ina whole year cant even buy him an average price home with the national average price home costing around $250,000 and rising as money aint worth the paper its printed on..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
hmm interesting..i dont like it due to the fact he is already financially set up..takes away from those that arent, i dunno im not realy cool with begging anyway.
interesting story to share though...
i was with my gf one day doing some shopping and we decided a stop at the liquor store was in order..lol. now my gf is quadrapalegic due to a auto accident and being in the chair she just wanted to hang outside rather than being manouvered through the store, twice in 5 mins people tried to give her some money..lol she said no thank you im just waiting for someone..so i can say for sure if you look the part you dont even have to ask..location is key i guess

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Have Americans got so lazy that they now look up to con artists for 'at least getting off their butts'? Or have they got so evil that 'at least he isn't part of the government' makes it okay?

When you're down and out the last thing you get to keep are things that only you can give away ... this person is giving them away and shouldn't be looked up to.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Not a tricky question at all.
Scumbag. He's not demonstrating any particular business sense.

edit on 3/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Years ago my husband had a friend that was a notorious user and manipulator of people (ergo HAD rather than HAS). One day at my kitchen table after becoming extremely frustrated with this guy my husband asked him "How can you live with screwing so many people over all the time?" to which the guy responded "Well, they keep letting me do it- don't they?" After that the friendship was over, but it shows something pertinent to your OP: Yes, in many people's minds the pan handler is using and manipulating folks, but it would not be possible if people didn't keep letting him do it.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
About 15-20 years ago, there was a piece in the newspaper ( Houston) about a man that had a good job paying 60k a year. He had a wife and kids, he would get up every morning and put on his suit and tie and go off to work. Well he lost his job, Instead of telling his wife, he did his same routine, off to work. He got some old tattered cloths and begged on a street corner. He did this for several years, still making 60k a year. One day his wife drove by and caught him. I don't recall what happened after that. Panhandling is very profitable though.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I was in a Target parking lot when a guy came over, distressed that his car broke down. He had some money but only needed $16 more to pay the tow guy coming. I saw the hood up on his old truck. I couldn't really afford to give him the money but he looked worse off than me and I felt badly for him. I gave him the money and when I came back out only 2 minutes later he and his truck were gone. There was no way he was towed that quickly since he 'just called' the towing company. Boy, I felt conned.

To those who say these people give to this disabled guy willingly, well...Not all of us have the money to give but alot of us feel for those in worse financial shape than us. He did take advantage of those people's good hearts, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, happens all the time. We had one here a couple of years ago. The Shaky Lady. Late model car, nice apartment with all the niceties. She didn't shake when she wasn't "working". These people are total douches. They have the ability to do MEANINGFUL work but would rather sit on their asses. People don't like to be conned. They may not be as charitable after this. They are taking the only income that some can achieve from them because of their laziness.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I met a panhandler in Vegas when I was walking around. He asked for five bucks to buy some coffee. I told him it didn't cost five bucks for a coffee. he said how about a couple bucks. I told him I scrounged to come to vegas to see the place. He asked me if I had a butt, I gave him a cigarette and we talked for a while.

He said he has a family and lives in a pretty nice house. He told me he makes more panhandling than he could make doing a regular job in Vegas, dressing down at night and going to work on the streets to make a living for his family. This doesn't sound evil to me at all, he said he does not get any assistance from the government and preferred to make it on his own.

I also talked to two street people who were not bums anymore, they were working people. They rode the busses and handed out pamphlets for the brothels and told me how everything worked. They slept in the shelters during the day when others were out foraging for food and ate natchos and cheese with their money.
They were different than I was but had their pride as I have, they were just different. It was a great learning experience for me to see how others think and see. No evil there, just different wants and desires.

It's a long walk from the strip downtown, I got pretty close to making it there and my feet felt like they were going to fall off. waiting for the bus is where I met the two street people I mentioned and I took the bus downtown the next night where I met the panhandler.

Giving to the streetpeople makes us feel better and makes it so they can survive on their own. They aren't bad people and I bet they get less government aid than some people. A big defense contractor gets a lot of government aid but we don't consider that welfare, they pay their people high wages with that money. Lots more than the many people getting a little assistance add up to overall.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Some of these started hanging around beside the road entrances to stores in my area about 3 years ago. Before that, you would never, and I mean never see pan handling going on here in this part of W.va.. I had just paid $300 for groceries and was a little peeved about it because I didn't have very much at all. So as I was driving outta the parking lot, here were two men and a woman sitting on the grass. One of the men was playing a flattop guitar. They all three had the dreadlock hippy hair and looked like they hadn't bathed for a while. They were smoking Marlboros.

I stopped and asked them if this didn't humiliate them and make them look like lazy idiots and they shook their heads no. I said, so you expect hard working families, who just spent a bunch of money on over-priced groceries to just hand you free money??? FOR WHAT?? Why can't any of you work??? I said, Come with me right now and I will get you two guys a job at a coredrilling company because they had been advertising in the paper that they were hiring help. I said it's almost a guaranteed job and you'll make good money and be able to build yourself a life. I even know the people who own it because I worked there when I was younger, so I can get you started right away. Then, I told the girl that I could almost definitely get her a job at a local hotel cleaning rooms. It isn't high pay but it will help pay the bills instead of standing out here like a stupid, lazy idiot.

They said "no thanks dude. We just need a little money for gas and rent." I said "but this is how you pay for that stuff. GET A JOB YOU LAZY &*%$*& *$%##@&!!!!!!!" One of the men said: "dude, just leave us alone". I said no I won't. I took a picture of them and told them that I would post their pic on a local forum and warn people about them. They started trying to hide their face, then grabbed their stuff and started walking away, leaving the area. I didn't post their pic on the internet.lol These lazy scumbags need to be put in hard labor camps anytime they are caught begging for money like a pathetic loser.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
At one time I had a friend who was having trouble paying rent after her father died. She had been working for six years for this one company doing 10 hour days. She wound up holding a sign that said "I have full-time job, have worked for six years to put into system, having trouble with bills this month, anything helps."

People gave her I think it was around 900. It was crazy.

When she got back on her feet I think she gave it back to charity or did a fundraiser for people down on luck as a way of karmafying herself(her words not mine).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

We are a capitalistic nation right? then he is doing what the big guys do behind the citizens back but in this cases he does it publicly.

At least he get to live the American dream while the filthy rich steals the dream from the common hard working citizens.

edit on 5-3-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
haaaa im going to go try it today, i bet noone gives me a dime, because its takes alot for people to spend on anything nowadays. people are always looking for discounts, and shopping around, its the dummies who toss money to these people. hopefully i can find some dummies, if they have money to toss away let them, hopefully they toss it to me when i am huddled in my maytag box with a dented soupcan beggin for a dollar hahahaha!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The best sign i saw from a panhandler was, " Im not going to lie, I need money for beer" He did well.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Scumbag or good businessman?

Not sure there's always a difference.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
The "homeless vet" thing is always a scam, every time. There is no such thing as a homeless vet. If they were real vets they would have VA benefits, as well as the GI bill for school, and a resume with at least 4 years of work experience that can get them at least a non-trivial job somewhere.

Uh oh... you just touched on a topic near and dear to me.

Can't tell you how many homeless vets I know (most are from the Vietnam era). Most are suffering from PTSD and have some other form of mental disability. Some are so far gone that they will not go near a VA hospital or homeless shelter. They aren't mentally capable of holding down a job. One guy I know has a leg that needs to be amputated but refuses to let them take it.... it will kill him eventually. I think he would prefer it that way.

I live in Houston....
About 15 yrs ago, a mental hospital in Dallas put a bunch of patients on a bus with a one way ticket to Houston... no meds... no money... just put them on a bus. Most were vets and no one gave a damn about them until the story hit the news.

Sure... I hear ya when you say that there's opportunity for these guys but the reality is that America has a dirty little secret. We don't take care of our soldiers. I know man... I see it every day.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

LOL, The guy on top looks familiar.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Lol i know this dude.
He is crazy but crafty.
He drives a new Mercedes Benz too lol
House it paid for.

What he does is wrong it makes it even harder for people truly down on there luck.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We were on a long road trip and this lady approached us at rest stop with a story that she need $150 to replace here water pump so she could continue on her trip home (the opposite direction I was headed)

Twenty minutes later we stopped to gas up and went into the mini mart and there she was buying chips and soda's.I almost fell for that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join