It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Assuming they are Real) What Are Chemtrails For?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Afterthought

I don't think you'll find any of the scientists or politicians who are working on or talking about aerosol SRM are actually in favor of using it and neither am I. However, I do think it is worthwhile to explore it (and it's ramifications) as a measure which might be used at some point in the future. I think that further research will actually show that it is as bad an idea as it seems to be.

edit on 3/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

About as good an idea as chemicals used in WWI...hehe didn't go so well for either side.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

reply to post by fireyaguns

The topic is "What are Chemtrails For?"

Clearly a trick title for the true topic so as to stay slightly off topic and continue arguments.

scumbags

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Clearly.

Um. Say what?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by syrinx high priest

Here's an interesting bit of data. It shows changes in the optical depth (how "clear" the atmosphere is) of the atmosphere since 1960. Notice the dramatic decrease in 1982 and 1991 which are coincident with the large eruptions of El Chichon and Pinatubo. Notice that since the recovery from the Pinatubo eruption the effects of areosols in the atmosphere has been the same as it was in the 1970s, after the eruption of Mt Agung in 1963/64. Apparently "chemtrails" aren't very effective method of SRM.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

edit on 3/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I read a lot here and add little but don't feel guilty about that - a lot of what is written here is absolute rubbish. One of the constants I see is Phage. Phage seems to be treated like some sort of hero here. I'm not challenging his knowledge in any way but, I observe that, very few seem to.
The graph that Phage has pasted onto this post seems to prove a point - I'm not sure what point it proves?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Phage

I like how you left out this little tid bit:

Data are for clear-sky mornings between solar elevations of 11.3 and 30 degrees.

Also, the use of the word 'apparent' is not very strong when speaking about evidence.

ap·par·ent
/əˈparənt/
Adjective
1. Clearly visible or understood; obvious.
2. Seeming real or true, but not necessarily so.
Synonyms
evident - obvious - manifest - patent - visible - clear

edit on 2-3-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

They are adding Aluminium and Barium into the air so Haarp can control the weather easier in those areas.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Chemtrails are used to block the view to the skies
so NIBIRU can sneak up to us and go "BOO!!"
without causing mass-panic while doing so.

edit on 2-3-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JonU2

I'm not sure what point it proves?

If you read my comments about the graph you might understand.

The graph "proves" nothing but it is strong evidence that aerosol SRM is not being undertaken and therefore further weakens the already weak theory that "chemtrails" are evidence of an ongoing and massive geoengineering project.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Chemtrails can be for many reason and comprised of many substances which none are for the benefit of the common unsuspecting man.

It has been a documented fact that the government for many years have tested warfare agents on the populace at many stages of their development, and for various reasons, and this hasn't ever stopped or changed, its an ongoing process, Chemtrailing being only one.

I can honestly see them using agents that dumb down the people, or dose them with a 2 part agent that the first part is adsorbed and quietly stays embedded in our DNA, and the second part, render's us incapacitated and or dead when delivered...i call this the Manchurian affect, as most likely they do as well.

Reduction and control of the population is paramount in a world that only the elite desire for only themselves, they see the world as a paradise that only they should live in, pristine and majestic that only they shall inherit and the surviving rest will maintain and cleanse for only the select elite to enjoy.

in order to get the quickly desired results, they must achieve advanced quick delivery systems to be implemented in order to cut down on any further destruction that would occur in the event of absolute chaos, which would put themselves at risk, chemtrail delivery is perfection

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

in order to get the quickly desired results, they must achieve advanced quick delivery systems to be implemented in order to cut down on any further destruction that would occur in the event of absolute chaos, which would put themselves at risk, chemtrail delivery is perfection

So how exactly are these chemtrails being sprayed?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

So how exactly are these chemtrails being sprayed?

Self explanatory don't you think?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

How is that self explanatory, some say it is from different fuel and some say spraying equipment so which one are you saying their using and can you find a pic of this spraying equipment?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
Chemtrails can be for many reason and comprised of many substances which none are for the benefit of the common unsuspecting man.

Now that's an interesting idea (though the later point is surely subjective?) - why should 'chemtrails' be one thing OR another? Maybe there are multiple operations which together manifest in the phenomena we call chemtrails?

Although that still begs the question as to why they all look like what scientists (and others) call contrails. Perhaps that's an angle we could discuss? Assuming chemtrails exist, and perhaps for a multitude of reasons, why do they all seem to look and act like normal aircraft contrails? Or, is that a red herring? What we see and call chemtrails may indeed be, as those who study them insist, just aircraft contrails, whilst the real chemtrailing goes on unobserved? With those involved perhaps happy with, even encouraging, misdirection?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

With those involved perhaps happy with, even encouraging, misdirection?

Wait. What?

The entire "chemtrail" meme is a disinfo operation? Convince people that contrails are the bogeyman so you can conduct other operations? Operations which actually have no visible effects?

People like William Thomas and Michael Murphy are disinfo agents? An amusing idea and at least as plausible as the idea that "chemtrails" are anything more than persistent contrails.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Devil's advocate.

I'm trying to get the believers to think outside of their boxes

But, if I were engaged in clandestine spraying and didn't want people to know, how better than to make them think contrails are chemtrails, get themselves tangled in knots over it, and divert their attention away from what is really going on? Smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by Phage

Devil's advocate.

I'm trying to get the believers to think outside of their boxes

But, if I were engaged in clandestine spraying and didn't want people to know, how better than to make them think contrails are chemtrails, get themselves tangled in knots over it, and divert their attention away from what is really going on? Smoke and mirrors.

the government have no need to do that, they just do it in your face, whether you like it or not, because there is nothing you're going to do about ....Ever

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

How is that self explanatory, some say it is from different fuel and some say spraying equipment so which one are you saying their using and can you find a pic of this spraying equipment?

pick your poison and delivery and you cant be wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ah, there's the rub.
This non-answer shows why a post with the question "What are Chemtrails For?" needs to be asked.
So you believe "chemtrails" are so comprehensive that there is lots of "chem" stuff and lots of delivery systems?
Have you considered the logistics in this not-able-to-be-pinned-down scheme?
Anything goes is not a good plan for anything but utter chaos, especially when you are trying to be covert.
This is why I have studied the situation, believe it or don't but I have read up on both sides, and come down firmly in the debunk category. When you just say "What ever you want," you are embracing ignorance. It's why we debunkers continuously call for tests done well. Certainly something that comprehensive is leaving a clue.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Ah, there's the rub.
This non-answer shows why a post with the question "What are Chemtrails For?" needs to be asked.
So you believe "chemtrails" are so comprehensive that there is lots of "chem" stuff and lots of delivery systems?
Have you considered the logistics in this not-able-to-be-pinned-down scheme?
Anything goes is not a good plan for anything but utter chaos, especially when you are trying to be covert.
This is why I have studied the situation, believe it or don't but I have read up on both sides, and come down firmly in the debunk category. When you just say "What ever you want," you are embracing ignorance. It's why we debunkers continuously call for tests done well. Certainly something that comprehensive is leaving a clue.

If it were I chemtrailing? within 24 hours i could have a 707 or newer super tanker nozzled up, chemed up, and pressurized spraying your city and that's without blowing it out the exhaust of the turbines...its nothing to achieve Either way, so don't attempt making it into more

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If it were I chemtrailing? within 24 hours i could have a 707 or newer super tanker nozzled up, chemed up, and pressurized spraying your city and that's without blowing it out the exhaust of the turbines...its nothing to achieve Either way, so don't attempt making it into more

Well then you should be able to show us this spraying equipment, but you say you can retrofit a plane with tanks and spraying eauipment in 24hrs then by all means explain how this is hid from any ground crew,mechanic,pilots,or for that matter the flight attendants?

Here you go a little video on chem planes....

Enjoy....
edit on 2-3-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join