It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A loud crash, and then nothing: Sinkhole swallows Florida man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

A loud crash, and then nothing: Sinkhole swallows Florida man

www.cnn.com

A Florida man fell into a sinkhole that opened suddenly Thursday night beneath the bedroom of his suburban Tampa home, calling out to his brother for help as he fell, a fire department spokeswoman said Friday.

"I heard a loud crash, like a car coming through the house," the man's brother, Jeremy Bush, told CNN affiliate WFTS. "I heard my brother screaming and I ran back there and tried going inside his room, but my old lady turned the light on and all I seen was this big hole, a real big hole, and all I saw was his mattress."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wow. It's disconcerting to know that we could wake up to a hole in the ground swallowing us up. Apparently the man had enough time to yell out but not much more time than that. His brother ran into the room only to find a huge hole in the floor.

I sincerely hope they find the man in time. Sounds like his brother isn't holding out much hope for that though.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Reminds me of that dream where you feel as if you are falling. To have this happen would be frightening beyond belief.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
That poor man.
I can't even imagine living somewhere where this could happen at any time.
I guess in reality, a natural disaster of any sort could hit anywhere, so nobody is "safe"
Scary thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Holy cow!!
The second vid, taped at 2-ish said the hole is probably 100 feet across and 50 deep - the whole house might fall in.

How surreal!! And the owners had the house inspected a year ago - no cracks or other signs of trouble.
What a nightmare. I wonder what they'll eventually find.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was reading a link that said his brother heard him screaming and was trying to dig him out..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The part that freaks me out is they can't find the body. What happened in there that results in the first guy being sucked in, screaming, his brother jumps in the hole to look for him and couldn't find him, the police then come and have to fish the second guy out because the hole is still expanding? It's like a horror movie.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is so not cool if you think about it .. and weird, even more so since i've just recently read about two more cases. First one, in jan when sinkhole swallowed a sheep and then on 15.feb a 22year old got killed.

I translated it for you:
sheep

human

edit on 1-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Holy cow!!
The second vid, taped at 2-ish said the hole is probably 100 feet across and 50 deep - the whole house might fall in.

How surreal!! And the owners had the house inspected a year ago - no cracks or other signs of trouble.
What a nightmare. I wonder what they'll eventually find.

I think early reports exaggerated the size of the hole. Here's an update to the CNN article:

The sinkhole is about 20 feet to 30 feet (6 to 9 meters) across and may be 30 feet deep, said Bill Bracken, president of the engineering company assisting emergency workers. The hole was originally reported to be 100 feet across, but that is the diameter of the safety zone surrounding it, Bracken said.

So, not 100 feet across but still a terrible way to wake up.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
already opened discussion here thanks www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Possible explanation?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

moving to a more appropriate forum

new topics

top topics

join