It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add British Taco Bells to the Horse Meat scandal.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Some people may object to not knowing what type of meat it is and that's a fair argument.

Horse meat in general however is far superior to beef in almost every way.

Much much healthier for you. If Taco Bell wants to create a line of horse meat products I would buy those any day over beef. It tastes a lot better also.

link   
reply to post by MysterX

Then what's the beef? Pardon the pun. If its a case of flat out fraud then fair enough. If it's about a bunch of NIMBYs moaning about what's acceptable meat and what's unacceptable meat, then kindly show how horse is a lesser meat than cow. Otherwise, jog on.

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by groingrinder

You are correct.
Its the issue of being picky about taco bell and horse meat when others are starving to death on this planet.

Yeah, but they are flogging the rank old horses to the UK market being sold as beef, i don't see them giving it away to starving Africans.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does make you wonder... you know when you go the Chinese and you eat some meat but you cant work out what it is? I had some last night was supposed to be beef... but that wasn't beef. Carried on eating it though lol, still alive.

Its happened many times now i come to think of it and you always joke its dog, cat etc. I guess its hard to tell.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
HAHAHA

What part of YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT do people NOT understand?

YES, you are what you eat... I LOL at you guys.

"I'm so aware and awake to NWO, UFO etc..." Bah... Not even trying to get into recovery... One cannot completely eliminate bad foods and stay within the existing system... but you can at least try.

THEN, one can claim that they are emerging from the destructive effects of not eating GOOD foods.

One can maintain a clear mind. If you eat #... It goes straight to your brain.

Oh wait if you already do then there's no way to make it through to someone that eats it.

OK, HEY thanks for all the wonderful posts everyone... Most posts SUCK because your brain is full of it.

As one slobbers down Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds crap that most believe is food. HAHAH

Just because the UK has PROVEN to be contaminated; what makes the USA think that aren't??

HAHAH Oh, yeah, We are better than that!!! .... We have an F.D.A.

Who's smarter than a fifth grader? You?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I just spent a week in the bay of fundy freezing my ass off sleeping on the cold ground.
When i was hungry...I don't care what it is....give me food.

So I come back online to see people whining about horse meat in the food at taco bell which they have the choice of eating??
Really???

link   
Honestly I'm a little relieved. I always thought Taco Bell 'meat' was something they fermented and curdled in a large petri dish! I mean they squeeze 'cheese' out of a tube and the last time I was there (many years ago), they actually advertised one of the ingredients in their food as 'sour cream product'. What exactly does that mean? Either it is sour cream or it isn't! I would much rather make tacos at home then eat their 'food'.

As for the horse meat, I don't think it is a problem eating it, it is the fact that nobody knew they were eating it. Everyone assumed they were getting good old fashioned tasty cow meat and they were OK with that. Everyone has the right to choose what they consume so therefore EVERY ingredient should be listed so we can make an informed choice. Same logic goes for GMOs, organics, hormones, pesticides, herbicides, artificial colors and flavors etc. etc. etc.

In all fairness though, I can see how this could have been an honest accident

edit on 1-3-2013 by fenceSitter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tdk84

C'mon everyone knows Chinky's use cat. Probably not politically correct that statement. Off to smoke a fag. And no, Im not going to gun down a random homosexual.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a night Mare!

Before Polo, I often hoof it down to the Taco Bell drivethru in my Mustang for a Pintos & Cheese Plate and Filly Cheese Supreme Guessadia. I only order those because they are guaranteed to be made with 100% real chedder cheese
edit on 1-3-2013 by GeneralMishka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

Shergar. Mystery solved.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by MysterX

Then what's the beef? Pardon the pun. If its a case of flat out fraud then fair enough. If it's about a bunch of NIMBYs moaning about what's acceptable meat and what's unacceptable meat, then kindly show how horse is a lesser meat than cow. Otherwise, jog on.

In my mind, it's very much a matter of both. It's fraud in that people buy a food item believing it's one thing when it's another. I don't know of any religious objections to eating horse, but it shouldn't have to come to the point of pork to Muslims or Beef to Indians to find it very objectionable to have a switch pulled.

I'm also willing to bet horse meat is considerably cheaper than beef and profit motives were stronger than anything in how this meat found it's way into a supply chain it didn't belong in.

However, personally, I don't think I should have Horse meat or ANY meat that isn't declared and understood as being a part of it, being in the food that is served.

Some Asian cultures not only see no problem with eating dog, they consider it good meat and good food. It's NOT an insult or joke to say stray dogs are ...hard to find..in some neighborhoods in the U.S.. It's a little wonder my father remarked on with the city he was a cop in ...as well as finding a bag one time full of bones someone called in, to find it was dozens of dog skeletons. Should we say Asians are wrong to eat dog? ...not really. I CAN say I don't have it served to ME without knowing about it. So what would the difference be? Horse is as objectionable to me as Dog, actually.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
why the long face ?

It's only my hoofmate in that burger
edit on 1/3/2013 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Some people may object to not knowing what type of meat it is and that's a fair argument.

Much much healthier for you. If Taco Bell wants to create a line of horse meat products I would buy those any day over beef. It tastes a lot better also.

In general yes, but when its being snuck into production it could be any old horse. The purpose was to save money whilst giving the illusion it was a beef product. I doubt very much these criminals sourced the best horse meat to go into this mass produced junk.

It not like ready meals were ever made of top quality beef, its always the scraps, off cuts and junk they cant sell as steaks or other cuts of meat..MRM mostly. nom nom.

If im being served horse, i want to know its horse, and i want to make sure its not just old nags the owners can no longer look after, or diseased animals that im eating.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

HAHAH What part of HORSE is a BEEF BURRITO???? Fraud! LOL People eat it up... nummy.

When I sell you a diamond ring and it's zirconium... Hey, eat that up!! Om num num. You won't understand it.
Anytime soon.

Eat some good real food and come out of low IQ, low understanding, low awareness.

It will very likely take years for those that choose.

Edit to add: I don't see ANY proof that horse is superior to beef anywhere.

Bison! Venison! Moose (kinda gamey)! BEEF!

What do you think of Vietnamese diets?
edit on 3·1·13 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

reply to post by MysterX

Mate...do me a favour and read the thread, or at least the posts from me since you are arguing the toss with me, i've already spelled out exactly why this is outrageous.

I don't have a problem with people eating meat, i eat meat, my entire family eats meat. Horsemeat may well taste better to some people than beef, but i would prefer not to have the wool pulled over my eyes at the meat counter, and know that the animals i do choose to feed my family and myself has been properly vetted and it's history, welfare and farming quality has been monitored.

It's NOT about horsemeat Vs. Beef.

Would any of you in the UK not worry about eating Rat, mice, puppies, kittens, or any other creature, bought from some infested mankey old farm, never inspected by any agency, no digital tracking or history of any kind and sold to you as chicken?

I doubt it.

There is no difference to what is going on here with the horsemeat..and the horsemeat could just be the ONLY 'foreign' meat products posing as beef that has been revealed so far, the above list could just as easily be being sneaked onto the market anyway, with Government and agencies crapping themselves in case the public gets wind of it. It happened with horsemeat, it can happen with ANY.

IF i was starving Drum, monkey et al, i'd honestly consider eating you, so it's not about being sqeamish about Horsemeat, it's about standards and choice and trust in our food producers right here in the real UK among real consumers, not some hypothetical Mad Max type post holocaust type world where we couldn't be choosy.

It's about right now, and being cynically lied to for profit motives.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As I stated previously, the fraud part aside, unless one is willing to show that ANY meat is a lesser quality, then your objection is nothing more than your conditioning coming through. It's ok, it's to be expected and quite normal. Perhaps horses require less "care" than beef cattle? Perhaps the price of meats such as chicken, beef, pork and lamb have been so artificially inflated in recent years that it's no longer viable to produce and only exists due mostly government subsides and intensive farming. Have you seen how much saline comes out of a battery chicken? Water is injected into meats to bulk out weight (far more of a fraud than horse in a beefburger). Sorry but the meats you so readily prefer are so adulterated you'd be gdoing yourself a favour skinning an old nag. It's probably far higher quality that most supermarket meats.

edit on 1-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Try reading. Indeed being lied and fraud are unacceptable. On that we can agree at least. The issue of the quality of the meat is a totally separate issue. You seem to suggest that the mystery meats they are finding are of poor quality and come from "mankey" farms with no oversight. If there is evidence of this, please share it. As far as Im aware these meats come from the very same places their beef products are produced. Are you suggesting the beef in these products is from the same "mankey" farms? If so then you're basically saying this is far worse than it appears to be. If the conditions are good enough for the production of beef, then they are good enough for the production of horse.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

reply to post by MysterX

Try reading. Indeed being lied and fraud are unacceptable. On that we can agree at least. The issue of the quality of the meat is a totally separate issue. You seem to suggest that the mystery meats they are finding are of poor quality and come from "mankey" farms with no oversight. If there is evidence of this, please share it. As far as Im aware these meats come from the very same places their beef products are produced. Are you suggesting the beef in these products is from the same "mankey" farms? If so then you're basically saying this is far worse than it appears to be. If the conditions are good enough for the production of beef, then they are good enough for the production of horse.

Oh come on mate, use your head.

HOW can the quality be checked if the meat isn't being monitored.

That is EXACTLY the point.

What, you think some dodgy Eastern European meat supplier, already sneaking horse and christ knows what else into packets labelled as beef, is gonna say...hold up Ivan, turn the mincer off for a minute - that nag carcass you've just chucked in is riddled with Cancer, is rotting away from the inside out, has parasites infesting every inch of it and i'm sure i saw a nest of rats in it's rotting ribcage...better take it out, we are a quality horsemeat outfit!

That's what standards and monitoring are for mate...it's called 'fit for human consumption', without that checking on the history of the animal, you ain't going to know what they hell's being shoved in the mincer...and if you don't even know the species, you certainly ain't gonna get a quality assurance certificate are you!

I'm outta here, enjoy your dinner you lot.

edit on 1-3-2013 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't really understand the argument, that" its still meat, so what you complaining about"?The point is that its fraud.
You wouldn't accept it with other consumer goods, yet people don't mind when it's their food.

Its like me selling you fake designer clothes from China under the impression its genuine and you not complaining because its still clothing.

There is no tracking where this meat is coming from. It's more likely your eating a scabby donkey from Romania, than a downed thoroughbred from the Grand National.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the ONLY thing wrong with this (other than it being toxic hell anyway
), is the fact that the meat was sold as another type of meat. the suppliers of all this "contaminated" meat in the UK lately should be nailed to the wall for fraud. that's all there is to this story as well as others. horse meat is NOT dangerous, or unduly cruel or anything. it is just a simple case of FRAUD no more than that.

amusingly i saw this after a friend sent me something asking to sign a petition and give money to stop Koreans and other Asians from eating dog and cat. (and people wonder why a lot of people around the world hate the US). personally i would not CHOOSE to eat either of them, at least under normal circumstances, if i was starving that would likely be another story. but at least i understand that like this horse thing it is just a case of MY cultural baggage from being brought up in North America. after all meat is meat[\i], it just has different tastes. some people like some, other people like others. there is NOTHING inherently WRONG with eating "some" meats over others. like i said it is no more cruel to eat say a dog, cat or horse over more commonly recognized meats such as chicken, cow, pig, duck, etc. personally i like squirrel, gator is pretty good as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join