It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add British Taco Bells to the Horse Meat scandal.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I don't recall ordering Horse Tacos or the Mr. Ed Combo last time I was at Taco Bell. In fact, I distinctly recall being under the impression I was getting beef in my taco. Good old Beef. I draw the line at Horse Meat and I can only guess at how this plays out in the long term for the places who have allowed it to happen.

The affected products are Birds Eye's Traditional Spaghetti Bolognese and Beef Lasagne; Brakes' Spicy Beef Skewer; Taco Bell's Ground Beef.

Taco Bell has three outlets in Britain and says all its affected stock has been removed. The products had come from a supplier in Europe, the company said.

A spokesman for Taco Bell said: "Once we learned of this issue, we immediately voluntarily tested our product for our three Taco Bell restaurants in the UK.
Source

Now of course, this is a story in England and dealing with a European supplier, not an American one. I really don't care or see the major distinction though. It's like saying it happened in Georgia and not Missouri for the difference it ought to make. It's still major, name brand food outlets doing less than their due dilligence, by my thinking, in insuring their supply chain has integrity and quality control.

It's not good enough to simply stand back and say "We didn't know... Doh!". Food chains serve food, obviously. That brings responsibility beyond just making sure the next guy in line says it's all okay. It means making sure it's how it should be. At least that's my take ...and It'll be real hard to consider stopping for a Taco now, with this in mind. Sorry Taco Bell... it's just one of those things. Some bells can't be un-rung very easily or quickly.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lets face facts, horse meat is here to stay.

I say we embrace it!

Allow me to show some love for my four legged friends by offering a new motto:

"Horse meat, its not just for breakfast anymore".

edit on 1-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I do find it sick that they've been using a Majestic Animal in there Tacos..... Though in America Taco Bell doesn't even constitute as nutritional and is considered less nutritious than dog food... num nums..... Uhhhh my belly is turning thinking about that litlle Yokiro Taco Bell..... Nasty~

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The biggest surprise for me with this is that there are Taco Bells in the UK. Seriously, i have never seen one anywhere (although i am know thinking i may have seen them but completely failed to register them!). I honestly thought they were a solely US based retailer / purveyor of (rubbish) foods.

As to the horse meat, as mentioned above me i also think it is here to stay. I actually have no problem with that, providing it is clearly labelled as such. Actually though, that should apply to all food products.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Lets face facts, horse meat is here to stay.

I say we embrace it!

Allow me to show some love for my four legged friends by offering a new motto:

"Horse meat, its not just for breakfast anymore".

edit on 1-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Sure, provided the history of the animals are recorded and monitored from the womb to the abittoir and their inclusion in the packet of meat you're buying is listed clearly on the packaging.

Then it's a matter of minimum standards of fit for Human consumption and consumer choice to eat it being applied...without those two, it's bloody outrageous.

The basic rule of thumb these days is this..if you can't identify the animal product you're about to eat, don't eat it if you have health and safety / animal welfare concerns.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hang on a sec, we have Taco Bell? I've been jonsing for a buritto for 20 years. Don't care if its horse.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Whats the scandal...its meat and we need to eat?
I don't care if I eat a horse or a squirrel...people need to eat.
Being this fussy is just dumb.

When you are starving....you will eat anything.

Do I care that burger king meat has horse in it or taco bell does??
NO!!!

If you choose to eat there then that is your choice.
If you were starving then this thread wouldn't even exist.
Horse meat or not....you'll eat it.

If you want quality control then go get your own meat and quit choosing to eat this stuff and quit bitching about what everyone else is doing.

edit on 1-3-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
How exactly would the recipient of the product know whats in it?

Ill assume prior to choosing that supplier Taco Bell did their due diligence and checked the factory out, unless your suggesting every shipment of meat everywhere be DNA tested I dont see how this can be avoided.

This is not Taco Bell or Tescos fault (as far as we know) if it turns out they knew and did nothing then they should be taken to the cleaners but otherwise they are victims like the consumers they sold to.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Add British Taco Bells to the Horse Meat scandal.

#1 ... perhaps this is an upgrade from the mystery meat they were using before,

#2 ... where are they getting all these horses from?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree. Is it Korea where they have a breed of dog specifically for food? How about Africa or other places in the world where a good majority of what they eat would have most weak stomached westerners running for the porcelain throne. How about the Scottish delicacy known as Tripe? How's about Black Pudding? Liver? Lobster is just a big cockroach yet mmmm. Get over it already. Food is food is food. Bit of ketchup and you'd be none the wiser anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
don't hoof it all down at once !

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Whats the scandal...its meat and we need to eat?
I don't care if I eat a horse or a squirrel...people need to eat.
Being this fussy is just dumb.

When you are starving....you will eat anything.

Do I care that burger king meat has horse in it or taco bell does??
NO!!!

If you choose to eat there then that is your choice.
If you were starving then this thread wouldn't even exist.
Horse meat or not....you'll eat it.

If you want quality control then go get your own meat and quit choosing to eat this stuff and quit bitching about what everyone else is doing.

That is the most ignorant post i've read on here for a long time.

Go out and eat week old roadkill if you like mate, some of us have higher standards.
edit on 1-3-2013 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So, you would buy any old meat..because its just meat?

Horse is £900 a ton, beef is £1500-£2200 a ton.........

The horse used in ready meals is not top quality horse meat, bred for consumption. They are old nags that are either diseased, old, mental and should be turned to glue or dog food!

No wonder our country is a mess with so many people like you..willing to just keep taking the bs

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Go starve and then eat at taco bell.
Would you really care there is horsemeat in it.....I wouldn't.
I would wolf it down in ten seconds.

Have you ever starved??

I met an inuit woman that was fostered who starved so bad they had to teach her to quit picking crumbs off the floor out of habit.
Do I really give a crap whats in the food when I want food.......not one bit.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I am a survivalist and would eat roadkill if needed....sorry you feel that way.

(with so many people like me LOL)
You would be lucky to have me near you when hungry.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The big deal here is that it was done under the table. On the sly. When somebody tries to hide something, there is usually something shady going on. Animals that are bred and raised for food have veterinary inspections and the meat is processed under inspection from government agents. Animals that are not bred for food do not fall under any regulatory guide lines. That horse might have been dead for days and maggot infested before it was processed for food. Horse meat is probably not bad when it is bred and raised as a food source, but I do not want somebody slipping me mystery meat because they got an under the table deal on it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Starvation is not the issue here. Taco Bell customers are not starving when they walk in the door.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The point is Drum...this is the UK, not the third world, and we're not starving..we're paying good money for one animal, and being served something else.

Here's a question for ya...if you went to a car showroom and paid 20,000 for a BMW, would you be happy to get a 1000 knackered old rust bucket Mini-metro, with no history or MOT delivered to you?

According to your logic, it wouldn't matter since they can both get you from A to B.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You are correct.
Its the issue of being picky about taco bell and horse meat when others are starving to death on this planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
whats wrong with horse?

embrace it

www.keziefoods.co.uk...

edit on 1-3-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join