It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dragged by South Africa police dies in custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I thought I had seen it all but this made me gasp in horror. Also surprising is that no other mainstream media has picked it up (I guess because the guy isn't famous).

"JOHANNESBURG - South African police were caught on video dragging a man hundreds of metres from the back of a pick-up truck, hours before he died in custody, drawing a storm of protest against a force accused of routine brutality.

The 27-year-old Mozambican taxi driver, Mido Macia, was found dead in detention with signs of head injuries and internal bleeding, according to an initial post mortem report released by the country’s police watchdog.

The incident, videotaped on Tuesday and broadcast nationwide on Thursday, was condemned by President Jacob Zuma and opposition politicians"

*the officers are still on duty.
*"Police commissioner Riah Phiyega said she was looking into the “alleged brutal treatment” by officers “in a very serious light and it is strongly condemned”. Alleged? WTH, the video clearly shows him being dragged. This is something you'd think you'd see a warlord do..not the so-called 'civilized' police.

It is impossible that civilized is what they are since it also says: "The video footage and the man’s death raised fresh concerns about police brutality in a country where more than 1,200 people a year die while in custody."

edit on 1-3-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

This is the top story on every news channel in the UK and has been for 2 days... not sure what you mean by no Mainstream Media picking it up?

news.sky.com...

www.channel4.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I didn't see it on CNN, or any other ...oh well, that is America for ya. If it isn't Lindsay Lohan, it ain't news.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join