It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Radiation Belt Surrounding Earth Discovered

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
New Radiation Belt Surrounding Earth Discovered

A ring of radiation previously unknown to science fleetingly surrounded Earth last year before being virtually annihilated by a powerful interplanetary shock wave, scientists say.

The article states that they discovered a new "temporary" radiation belt around Earth back in September of last year that lasted about 4 weeks. Supposedly it was blown away by solar winds.

Leaves lots of questions unanswered, like; does this happen often; is this associated with earthquakes or other weather phenomenon; is this a danger to us; is this a protective device put up by aliens...?

This could lead to some interesting discussion. Anyone want to ponder the significance?

edit on 28-2-2013 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2013 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Cough, Cough (Photon Belt!) cough!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As far as earthquakes there appears to be no correlation. There were a few biggies in Costa Rica, Columbia and China but nothing out of the ordinary.

Another possibility - Earth cleansing itself of the Fukushima radiation..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's not just surrounding earth, our whole solar system is passing through a massive photon belt which is rapidly shifting the energy within every planet. Which is why we have "global warming" and would be why the sun is heating up immensely. It is our chance to finally become the higher vibrational beings we are, if only the masses were aware.

www.indianinthemachine.com/photonbelt.html
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The belts gone?
Without that belt our cosmic pants will fall down..

how embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

From your source:

While the concept of the Photon Belt is a part of New Age philosophy, some parts of the story can be analyzed scientifically. Mainstream scientists assert that there is no scientific evidence for the existence of any sort of "photon belt," and they have made the following statements in support of that conclusion:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Earthquakes?? How would an earthquake get rid of a radiation belt around the Earth?

I would imagine solar flares from the sun maybe, but earthquakes??

Earthquakes??

ETA:

Okay, I just re-read your OP and you are saying that the depleted radiation barrier around the earth could have caused an earthquake.....Okay I see what you are saying now....Sorry about that!!

Okay now that I am out of the confused train of thought........Can you elaborate on your alien theory?

What makes you even bring this up as a possibility?
edit on 2/28/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Of course they won't show the proof
The TPTB wouldn't want something as wonderful as this to come to be. This is a magnificent happening and it explains so much.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Makes me wonder.
Could it have something to do with this.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And also. Does anyone remember nasa launching a satellite that detected energy connecting the earth to the sun?
I'm trying to find that link and I dont' see it anywhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

From the source you linked above.

Surrounding the Earth at distances from 10,000 to 30,000 miles away, the portals have been observed by NASA's THEMIS spacecraft and Europe's Cluster probes.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Our creators are beginning the transformation into the New Age. They are beginning to lift the barriers around our planet as to facilitate the travel between Earth and our universe. The transformation is upon us, my fellow man; the "End of Days" prophecies that are similarly forecasted by all major religions are coming to fruition (just not as literally as current religious pundits would have you believe). Exciting time to be alive, indeed

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah I saw Themis after I looked online.
And on ATS there are several electric sun threads that reference the discovery themis made.

There's so much we don't know.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's where my belt disappeared to, I've been looking for that for a long time....I'm thinking I gotta go on a diet, if it fits around the earth.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
is this associated with earthquakes or other weather phenomenon

Earthquakes are a weather phenomena?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Sure.
Forecast for tonight: Scattered temblors with occasional quakes. Clearing by morning.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by Phage

There's so much we don't know.

I agree...probably so much that it makes the sum of what we think we know very, very tiny indeed.

Which is curious, when we consider just how much of the unknown we dismiss or belittle out of hand citing lack of proof as a reason to do so.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Okay now that I am out of the confused train of thought........Can you elaborate on your alien theory?

What makes you even bring this up as a possibility?

I don't really have a theory. Since this is ATS I just figured one of those would pop up down the road. It could be something like:

A deadly cosmic wave was approaching earth. Obliteration was a certainly. The aliens on Skepticulous got word and being the benevolent folks that they are, decided to help. To protect earth they erect a radioactive cloud around earth that captured the cosmic waves when they hit and catapulted then off towards the yet undiscovered solar system of Castrophaphis. Although they do not know it, the earthlings will forever owe their existence to the Skeptics. Or something like that.

The coolest theory would be that if the earth was cleansing itself and using the solar winds to achieve that purpose.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Speculation about things for which there is a lack of evidence is fine and a necessary part of expanding knowledge. But to get beyond speculation evidence is required. That is, in fact, how science works. Get an idea then go look for the evidence that should be there to demonstrate that your idea holds water while at the same time looking for evidence that you are wrong about it. If you can find the evidence to support it and can't find evidence that doesn't, you just may have something.

But there is a difference between not knowing everything and knowing nothing. In this case it's a matter of not knowing something was there because there was no reason to think it was and no way to discover it until the tools were available. This kind of "free" information is great and usually opens up whole new areas for research.

edit on 2/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The belts gone?
Without that belt our cosmic pants will fall down..

how embarrassing.

we still have our cosmic suspenders

I wonder why only this "temporary" belt got blown away by interplanetary shockwave.?
edit on 28-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join