It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds in the Sky: Today, I HEARD BOOM!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
At about 10:00 a.m. PST, i was out in my yard, when suddenly i heard an explosion. It was loud, clear, and sounded like it was right above me. It was a low frequency "boom"...but it was very clear and rather scary. I thought it might have been a plane that just broke the sound barrier, so i looked up; but of course, i didn't see anything. A few seconds later, i heard the little boy in the yard in back of me, say to his mom: Mom did you hear that "boom"? About an hour later, a couple of friends came by, and i asked them if they heard it? One said, yes! And described it, just as i described it to you. The other said, no; he didnt hear it.

Now, I've read stories on ATS, regarding people hearing strange sounds and booms in the sky, but i didn't believe them, UNTIL TODAY! I'm now a BELIEVER! I'm not sure what it was...but it scared the crap out of me. I would have posted about this, earlier, but since i'm new...i needed to get my 20 posts in, before making this thread.

Edit to Add: I was looking around to see if it was reported, and it was reported, at exactly the same time i said it occurred.

Parts of San Diego heard a mysterious boom on Wednesday afternoon, according to officials. Multiple people throughout the county heard the sound around 10 a.m. Police received calls of the strange sound and an official with Naval Base Coronado said they heard it as well, but it was not from training on the island.NBC San Diego

edit on 27-2-2013 by profundus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by profundus
At about 10:00 a.m. PST, i was out in my yard, when suddenly i heard an explosion. It was loud, clear, and sounded like it was right above me. It was a low frequency "boom"...but it was very clear and rather scary. I thought it might have been a plane that just broke the sound barrier, so i looked up; but of course, i didn't see anything. A few seconds later, i heard the little boy in the yard in back of me, say to his mom: Mom did you hear that "boom"? About an hour later, a couple of friends came by, and i asked them if they heard it? One said, yes! And described it, just as i described it to you. The other said, no; he didnt hear it.

Now, I've read stories on ATS, regarding people hearing strange sounds and booms in the sky, but i didn't believe them, UNTIL TODAY! I'm now a BELIEVER! I'm not sure what it was...but it scared the crap out of me. I would have posted about this, earlier, but since i'm new...i needed to get my 20 posts in, before making this thread.

Have you checked with USGS to locate any possible quakes anywhere close to you??

Might be a good place to start, as even small quakes can let off a pretty healthy boom!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by profundus

WOW Good for you. I am still waiting, not a peep this side of the mountain, dang it. I am still sitting on the fence one way or another till I hear it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting.

I've heard about events similar to this one consisting of the sounds of horns being hear in odd locations at random times. Turns out the horn sound is an atmospheric phenomenon. Might be a good place to start looking for information if you're wanting to find out what you heard.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chansi3

WOW Good for you. I am still waiting, not a peep this side of the mountain, dang it. I am still sitting on the fence one way or another till I hear it.
I COMPLETELY understand. I was the same way. But, after what i heard today....no one can tell me any differently. I thought it was just my imagination, but when the little boy asked his mom....i was like:
Weird, because after it happened, i immediately thought of some of the posts that were made on ATS. This, i will say, with 100% honestly, people aren't imagining this stuff. I thought they were, until i heard it for myself.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Think tomorrow night ( Thursday ) coasttocoastam radio show will be about strange booms and flashes of light. Since we here at ATS don't know your location it's sort of hard to fathom your experience. You don't need to give away your info..just saying... I live in NW Florida and umpteen years ago we heard booms that rattled the windows. Not sure if it was the navy base doing their thing or the air force or methane gas going off in the city dump. If you check out earthfiles.com right now you will easily find the story/stories concerning folks who have experienced these things. Somehow the military seems indirectly involved via their presence close to some of the locations
where these booms happened. If the booms are not manmade in some way then maybe it's really a warning
of a big quake to come. They just had some quakes today off the coast of Oregon. If any booms were heard,
that remains to be seen. Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDgar
Interesting.

I've heard about events similar to this one consisting of the sounds of horns being hear in odd locations at random times. Turns out the horn sound is an atmospheric phenomenon. Might be a good place to start looking for information if you're wanting to find out what you heard.
What i heard, was a low frequency "boom". There's no mistaken it. It wasn't horns, it was "BOOM".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by profundus

Edit to Add: I was looking around to see if it was reported, and it was reported, at exactly the same time i said it occurred.

Parts of San Diego heard a mysterious boom on Wednesday afternoon, according to officials. Multiple people throughout the county heard the sound around 10 a.m. Police received calls of the strange sound and an official with Naval Base Coronado said they heard it as well, but it was not from training on the island.NBC San Diego

edit on 27-2-2013 by profundus because: Edit to add

I`ve heard them where I live and they are DEFINITELY not sonic booms.We get a fair amount of military air traffic around here so I know what a sonic boom from a jet sounds like but these other booms that I hear occasionally are not sonic booms from a jet.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by njl51

Think tomorrow night ( Thursday ) coasttocoastam radio show will be about strange booms and flashes of light. Since we here at ATS don't know your location it's sort of hard to fathom your experience. You don't need to give away your info..just saying... I live in NW Florida and umpteen years ago we heard booms that rattled the windows. Not sure if it was the navy base doing their thing or the air force or methane gas going off in the city dump. If you check out earthfiles.com right now you will easily find the story/stories concerning folks who have experienced these things. Somehow the military seems indirectly involved via their presence close to some of the locations
where these booms happened. If the booms are not manmade in some way then maybe it's really a warning
of a big quake to come. They just had some quakes today off the coast of Oregon. If any booms were heard,
that remains to be seen. Thanks for sharing your story.

What you heard awhile back was them testing the MOAB bomb.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Your boom may have been a chinese rocket re entering the atmosphere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread says it came down around 4pm.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Your boom may have been a chinese rocket re entering the atmosphere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread says it came down around 4pm.
If it happened at 4, why were there reports being made at 10 am?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That was at 3:06 AM in TX. You said you heard your boom in San Diego at 10:00 AM. Probably not the Chinese rocket. Anyways. Cool for you that you got to hear one of these booms. I've been studying, reading and writing about these booms for a year now and I have yet to be fortunate enough to hear one. Can't wait! With how many of these are being reported around the world, it's only a matter of time before we all of our own story to tell.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

That was at 3:06 AM in TX. You said you heard your boom in San Diego at 10:00 AM. Probably not the Chinese rocket. Anyways. Cool for you that you got to hear one of these booms. I've been studying, reading and writing about these booms for a year now and I have yet to be fortunate enough to hear one. Can't wait! With how many of these are being reported around the world, it's only a matter of time before we all of our own story to tell.
Now, all i need is for the mothership to arrive, and i'm good.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I just wanted to update something. There was a small earthquake last night, around 8 pm. So, add that to the "boom" sound, i heard earlier in the day.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Seems like there is seismic activity when these booms are reported. They're probably linked, some of the booms anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

did an aircraft break the sound barrier.

Where my family live in the South West England, in the days of Concorde, it would fly over at about 1600hrs everyday.

There was a loud sonic boom each day - as it left land and broke the sound barrier as it hit the Atlantic, just over the area.

It is a very distinctive sound.

top topics

join