It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

If I go into the "religions thread" and "conspiracies in religion" threads, I'd expect people to defend thier faith or non faith. It can get brutal in those threads at times. It is another thing if one brings religion into a thread as an off topic response, and should be reported as such. I expect to go into the fragile earth forum and not see, "Jesus saves" posts, and I'm a Christian! It's good to respond to serious questions and have civilized debate, but don't derail a thread to do so. U2U each other if it is that important! Lastly, don't push beliefs on others; it's disrespectful and you wont change them. I think we all are here for the same reason; to understand what's going on around us and increase our knowledge.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The thing is the greatest unveiling will come from Jesus Christ at the end from the beginning and what is the beginning?? thats why there is flood because we are nearing the end of a great mystery in religion that will project this planet to the future and leave all the killers in killer/murder religion behind in their sophistry that will fail them and that will be demonstrated. They will not have the witness at the end, they will be brought low and humbled.

brian simpson - above the clouds feat george duke
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
such threads don't even belong under "religion" because I believe the intent is for religion-related topics encompassing conspiracy, or hidden knowledge.

Not so.
The definition at the top of each thread in that forum is "Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences".
The limitation to "conspiracy" is not there.
On the other hand, the "Conspiracy in Religion" forum does have that limitation, which is why threads have frequently been shifted from that forum to the "Religion & Theology" forum,

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Well, there does seem to be a lot more recent

"Look at me I'm so happy and god loves you too!" threads that do nothing but let everyone know how awesome jesus was..

they're annoying.

Not so much a discussion as a comment on their own faith and some wishy washy nonsense about how groovy it is to worship imaginary things.

Funny, you can't discuss any other topics that have such a delusional affect on the mind.. hrmph.

The thing is, if you ignore them they will keep increasing.
I used to belong to a site that was something special, now its like a fundamentalist revival meeting.
Not against religion, if you need an adult version of Santa thats your business, but religion, be it Christianity or
something else, tends to turn its beleivers into zombies, who think nothing of bothering strangers about joining up. This is because if you beleive, its a confirmation for them.
I used to go to a fundamentalist church, until I got big enough to tell my parents "NO".
Anyway, its a problem, you can't censor them, but if you ignore them they will destroy yet another great site
with their propaganda.
On this other site there was the occasional "rapture" or "jesus saves", bout ten years ago. Now its every other thread.
In thirty years these people will still be talking about the "rapture"(which is not in the bible, totally made up_),
They were talking about it when I was young, and I am 56 yrs old.
Everybody has been a canidate for the antichrist, from prince charles to nixon to bush to Saddam to obama
to the flavor of the week.
What is really scary, not as bad as Muslims

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You know you don't have to read the jesus god threads.It is obvious your just whining.It isnt as if you have to read every thread on ats.If a thread is written you don't like - don't read it.I'm sure scince you can write you can read as well.So why make a thread whining about anothers thread?Please stop whining.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
If I had my way I would round everyone up who says they are religious put them on a single island, make sure they have no weapons of mass destruction just swords, make sure they can not escape and then let the rest of humanity thrive without all that nonsense.
Then after 10 years go back and clear all the bodies away (they have either killed each other off or have been raptured
) and move the Aussies back

OP didn't you know that Jebus lovers think If they brainwash others to to their club they get Jebus cookies in heaven?

Mark Chapter 7 verse 23 "And behold the Jebus cookie is for thout only for the brainwashed who has destroyed rational thought in others"

If that wasn't in the Bible they could all stay in their own type of website where they all self flagellate together bashing off thinking of a blonde man with lovely hair.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
OP'er, and all others who "hate and don't believe in imaginary Jesus"...

I have a question,

What if...

What if the world you lived in, the reality you lived in, was one where there was, in fact, an all powerful God?

No, no. Bear with me. I'm sure you've made points like this before, what-if style points.

So allow me to make one. What, you won't let me? Why is that? Haven't you made "what-if" style
points before to people? Oh, certainly you have. Try to remember. There you go...

So, now, since we've established that you find the usage of what-if style points acceptable.

I don't see why you can't allow me to make one.

So, then, What-if... the reality in which you lived? Not saying it's true! Just what if!

What if the reality you lived in had a God, an all powerful one? And he DID indeed have a Son?

And his Son was actually God in the Flesh?

Then, I ask you, what does that make you here?

What would that make you? Posting something like this. All of you, what, I ask again, would that make you!!

If I had to say, I'd say, if you're of an adult age, it makes you a liar. And also, against God.
In my What-if scenario... I'd have to say "Wuh oh" for you.

It's not us Christians who are mirror'ing what we're told (not real Christians). I learned everything I know about Jesus/God on my own.

Initially, anyway. After that, I did seek advice from others.

The one's who I've observed that have the most mirror'ing and replicating behavior, almost clone-like. Are Atheists/agnostics...

We have an excuse for replicating each other, Christians I mean, because our information comes from a (nearly) primary source, that being the Bible. It's only a book's long in length. So, you're going to hear the same stuff repeated.

But, what about agnostics/atheists? They spew the same "logical" reasons for there being no God that I've heard millions of times smoking pot and drinking beer with my spiteful buddies. I say spiteful, because that's typically what an atheist is, is spiteful. Arrogant, egotistical, and really damn sure that a few ideas they come up with while drinking/smoking pot, doing other drugs, are the end all of ideas.

It's so, just... very irritating... to watch people fall into disbelief of Jesus over some of the reasoning I hear discussed between you individuals.

"If God is all powerful, why would he let children starve, dude..."

"There's no God, man. Come on, THINK about it."

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

You registered in 2012 how can you claim ATS wasn't like this before. It has always been like this, that is why there is a religion forum. If you don't like it don't read it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Also, another 'What-If' scenario...

What-if God/Jesus were real?

Wouldn't that make ATS and all places relevant to the discussion of him?

Hm.

OP needs to get right with Jesus, and so do many of you.

OH YEA. you say you see this place quickly turning into a Christian haven.

BUT LOOK AT THE REPLIES. ONE OUT OF TEN PEOPLE HATE/DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS.

This is a downright HATE thread, it SPEWS with denial, the denial is obvious due to the fact that what the OP is saying isn't even REMOTELY true.

He uses a day, ONE day where there are three God threads, out of many days where there are NO Jesus/God threads (I know because I frequently visit the site) as an excuse to make these LIES up and spew this hatred of his.

The OP KNOWS that Jesus threads are not over-taking the site, as do any of you.

Which is the second biggest and most obvious reason that you are FULL OF IT.

This is proof that you are full of hatred, and in denial. Because you had to make this thread.

If nothing else, good job OP for re-affirming doubting Christians in the Lord.

Look at all this anti-God drivel on this thread, man.

What are you people? The scum of the freaking universe? There IS a God. Whether you argue about it for a billion years and come up with what you think are the best arguments of all time for a billion years straight it doesn't CHANGE

THE FACT

THAT

THERE

IS

A

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

EVER!!!! NOTHING YOU SAY OR THINK YOU BELIEVE WILL CHANGE THAT.

Finished.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

Many of us do not need someone else to tell us about God because you can not teach about god it is a personal thing.
My problem with Christians is the fact that they will dismiss good people and tell them they will burn in hell If they do not accept Jebus.
Ghandi apparently is in Hell and when the Dali Llama dies so will he, do you not see how wrong this sounds?
I do believe in God but when MAN invents his own version of God and tells everyone else it is the real version of God and If you do not agree the threats start well I have no respect for that person nor that man made version of God.
I bet God is really annoyed that people have made up religions for nothing more than power and control of others.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
No, no. I'm not finished.

Day after day I visit this site with the exact opposite idea of the OP. THIS is sooooo proof that this OP has an ulterior motive here.

DAY AFTER DAY I think "Dear Lord, the love of Jesus is lost on this site, and many other sites as well, I see so few Biblically accurate threads. It seems no one here, or hardly anyone, really loves or believes in the Real God, Jesus Christ."

This REPEATED thinking of mine for the last couple of years using ATS is just soooooooo proof that there is an ulterior motive to this thread.

Think about it, people! This OP ain't what it seems!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

Prove it then, do not say it is fact when no one can prove it, it is just your opinion man.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

Oh come on you Christians have motives everytime you go on about saving people (But only If you sign up for your brand of God).
If you do not like others questioning your faith stay on a site where you can all agree eh?
Oh and you have been using ATS for a couple of years eh? but registered today? let me guess your last account banned?
edit on 28-2-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
A question for you Christians to do with Heaven and Hell.

I accept Jebus (never gonna happen) and goto heaven but my 2 sons do not and end up in Hell, how can it be Heaven If I know my sons are burning?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Ha. Well i could say the same back to you.

Im so sick of people like you who think they should be catered to, to their likes and dislikes.

If you do not like a certain thread, dont click on it.

Its really that is simple.

Religious beliefs can be looked at as a conspiracy to control people. These threads, if you read them as you say you have do not have just Christians in there discussing their beliefs.

The rant section is not a conspiracy .... Nothing cool about a temper tantrum.

Just wanted to make sure you get what ya give instead of treating you how i want to be treated as Jesus says. Lol

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sheesh. Your reply is so out there I don't know where to begin.

First you talk about God, then you refer to your same point using the word Religion.

You don't even know what you're talking about.

Man didn't make any idea of God, GOD MADE HIS OWN IDEA. Where does your line of thinking even COME from? What you're referring to is DECEPTION that is ADDRESSED VERY THOROUGHLY by God and the Bible.

So, good job on that at least! You have pin pointed where the deception regarding Jesus is..... MAN....
MAN MADE RELIGIONS... MAN MADE IDEAS....

God is not a MAN made idea, though there are man made false ideas of God, which is what you are referring to.

Why do you think it's CALLED deception? Why do you think God hates it?

FOR THE PRECISE REASON OF WHAT IT HAS DONE TO YOU, DEAR REPLIER!!

It is called deception because it was designed to make it look like GOD IS FAKE, like GOD IS A MAN MADE IDEA TO SCARE YOU INTO PAYING MONEY TO CHURCHES.

and it's called bad thing: deception, it's NOT called a good thing (like Truth)... because it WORKED. It TOOK you away from the belief in the real God. It WORKED. you were DECEIVED by the generations and generations of deception.

You just Judged Ghandi and whoever else you mentioned. You don't know where they stood with God.

You'll notice I have not judged you or anyone here, I haven't identified anyone's sins, I haven't said anyone is going to hell.

That's not for YOU to determine or decide the reasoning behind, that's for GOD and the individual to determine.

yet another LAME atheist argument

Watch, watch this!

This is what you just did.

"God sends people to hell if you don't believe in him" therefore "God can't be real"

LOOK!!@!@!@!@!@!

FREAKING LOOK!@#!@#!@#!@#!@# LOOK AT THE HUGE JUMP IN LOGIC YOU JUST MADE INTO A HUGE DECISION MAKING!@!@!@!@!@

CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND LOGIC????

I TOLD YOU TO USE MY METHOD.

TYPE OUT YOUR REASON in quotes then type out "THEREFORE GOD MUST NOT BE REAL"

THEN ANALYZE THE TWO STATEMENTS, AND TELL ME IF THERE ISN'T A HUGE JUMP IN YOUR REASON TO YOUR DECISION.

For CRYING OUT LOUD, PLANET!!!!!!! You're all full of your own damn egos, you call yourself logicians yet you can't use OR UNDERSTAND SIMPLE FORMULA!@!@@!$!#!@$#@%$!%$!#$%!Q@#%$!@%$!@$

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm new here, but I have to say I don't like anyone continually pushing any unprovable dogmas as if they are 100% true. Be it Christian or whatever. Having a know-it-all attitude about the unknown is a turn off to me. And pushy know-it-all Christians are the worst. It's simple; theories are not fact and faith is not knowing. But for many Christians today they say they 'know', and as such they have no faith. They will say "I know I am going to heaven."... Please spare me the extremism and lack of faith.. I don't care what your book says, faith is not knowing. See, I don't consider know-it-all Christians as Christians, as they have no real faith, not when they think they know-it-all. I don't think Christ would approve of such religious spam and lack of faith. So what are they? Maybe there's a conspiracy here after all... That all said, maybe it would be good if we could create a personal block list so we don't have to see posts and comments from specific members.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TobyG3

I believe in God but I am not going to lie and say I understand him/her/it's methods, Iam questioning the Christian God which is man made, God didn't write the bible man did.
Mankind has made stuff up (religions) to try and explain things we do not know and a means to control.
I didn't judge Ghandi but according to Christians you have to accept Jebus to get into heaven and he was a Hindu so....
OH AND DO NOT SHOUT IT DOESN'T MAKE YOUR WORDS MEAN ANYTHING MORE TRUE OR FALSE.
Anyhow I remember you from our last debate before you got banned so not gonna respond to you after last time.
edit on 28-2-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Very good question, even though you didn't follow my logical analysis I asked you to use,

But anyway, a good question, but a faithless one, an absolutely faithless one.

If you took time to read the Bible you would find that your question is answered.

Yet again

"Jesus/God may send my children to Hell but not me" therefore "God isn't real"

The only reason I'm responding to this poster with a bit more temperament is because the therefore they stated is "how could it be heaven for me"

Therefore, I'm going to exercise a little more patience here.

In the Bible, replier, it says: You can account for family member's lack of faith.

it ALSO, says, Jesus in fact says: "This is not my family" referring to Mary and his siblings. "My family are those who do the will of my Father who sent me."

Therefore, it is precisely your FAITH alignment, in God's eyes, that determines who your family is.

If one of your Children do end up going to hell, Guess what... they weren't ever written in the Book of Life, and they weren't your child.

They were a Demon the whole time. You just didn't know it. But, you can have an influence in that.
It may seem like a paradox, but it is not. You just need to understand and believe the supernatural/almighty
ability of our Father in Heaven.

That's because God knows what's going to happen at all times, past present future.

This might sound like ridiculous logic to you, but certainly it is NOT. The grasp and scope of logic merely changes once you have all-powerful capabilities (that being God.)

"Some will even see the dead rise from the grave and STILL not believe in the Supernatural power of Godl" - The Bible.

That's just how stubborn you folks are.

Lol in other words. No matter what God does, even if he fulfills all your requests of proving that he is real. You still won't believe him.

With Faith, my dear, your prayers CAN be answered. "Ask and thou shall receive" therefore, if you ask that your Children not go to Hell...

Well? What will happen? They won't.

But your responsibility is to keep your faith, keep your service to "Jebus" (absolutely ridiculous of you to mock your Lord) and therefore what you ask, in your sincere faith, shall be done for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just click the red "(-)" icon next to the religion forums and problem solved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join