It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of all the Jesus and God threads.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's not the Jesus &God threads that are annoying, it's easy to not enter them.
What grinds my gears is people preaching their own personal delusions in other threads.

Whether it's a ufo sighting, an asteroid, an earthquake or a frikkin sinkhole some fanatic thinks it is a good idea to tell us how it is fulfilling some prophecy or that God is pissed off and we are all doomed (apart from the poster) because a book says so.
Quoting the Bible is not citing a reference. I could quote Hans Christian Anderson as proof of the existence of mermaids.
But that would be silly wouldn't it.
So yeah, let's keep religion in it's own forums, or is that 'fora'(pl)?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
thats his point. no one on here wants to hear your religious drivel..

And my point is that ATS has set up a special area for religious drivel, and nobody can complain if it's being used for the intended purpose.
If I renounce my plan to come round to your house, twist your arms behind your back, and force you to click on those threads against your will, can we settle for that?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If you don't wish to read the type of threads that you are referring to, then don't click on them.

Instead, click on the little 'minus' sign and they will magically disappear.

I am of the opinion that people should be allowed to discuss whatever they wish and if someone doesn't like it, that is their problem.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Being emotional is part of being human -- Jesus understands. He loves you despite. He died so that you could consume Big Macs and trash talk the son of God on ATS. Now go read your bible sinner!

Seems to me that you are taking personal offense to someones entitled opinion, it's ironic how you label the OP as a big mac eating blasphemer and sinner when clearly you have not even taken the time to have a proper conversation with this individual. Is it insecurity in your own faith that you need to be so over zealous in your replies to other people or are you just an unhappy christian? (respect to the character Jesus though, don't think he would of approved your judgements)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
why do you click on the threads, if you don't want to read them?
genius.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Being emotional is part of being human -- Jesus understands. He loves you despite. He died so that you could consume Big Macs and trash talk the son of God on ATS. Now go read your bible sinner!

Seems to me that you are taking personal offense to someones entitled opinion, it's ironic how you label the OP as a big mac eating blasphemer and sinner when clearly you have not even taken the time to have a proper conversation with this individual. Is it insecurity in your own faith that you need to be so over zealous in your replies to other people or are you just an unhappy christian? (respect to the character Jesus though, don't think he would of approved your judgements)

You know, it seems to me that a free thinker by choice would not automatically assume AkumaStreak to be a Christian, because it seems to me that the person you have replied to was objectively mocking Christianity, because of the sum of unfaithfulness as shown in today's society. Akuma's suggestion to read the bible is a sensible one, in my opinion, if one who sees Christiandom as an opposition, they ought to read the bible in it's context, to understand it for what it says, then you would be more inclined to discern with more clarity the type of folk you are dealing with, because so far as I can tell, Akuma is either not going to respond or going to fess up about not really caring about the truth. And I think you would have known as much if you had taken consideration to Jesus and his judgements, because Jesus said that he was to go away so that the Spirit of Truth would come and guide us into all truth and remind us of everything Jesus has spoken.
In order to be guided anywhere, one has to be willing to get there through guidance. We know that there are people who don't know the truth leading people who don't know the truth, we know to choose whom we want to trust. The truth is that I put my security in God's hands and my life is sustained by him.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

That's either pure genius or pure drivel... either way it deserves a star for its passion... ;-j

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It could be because Jesus and God are one of the biggest conspiracies ever?

People feel they need to prove their love to God or Jesus or Allah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster by praising them. Personally, it just makes me sad that people can be so verbally gullible.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

You do realize that you just created yet another "Jesus and God thread", right?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Here's a secret lil bit for you to munch on. Not one person on this site gives a crap what you want or think personally. Not even any those so ignorant as to flag this troll thread.
I know. Why don't you go to a site that's all about you ?

Been a member since 2013.

edit on 27-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

nettlas
Why is ATS being bombarded by these threads about Jesus and God, and not like in a conspiracy way. They just disscuss Christianity cassualy. ATS wasn´t like this a year ago and back. The "new topic/popular topics" are flooded by these threads. Can´t you find a forum that is devoted only to Christianity. This is Above Top Secret, and you disscuss topics like "why I love Jesus" "Jesus is my savior, and this is why". I mean comeon.

I can take it if it was a thread about the subject once in a while but it is like every second thread is about Jesus.
This site is becoming more and more boring and it is drifting away from what it once was. If the trend keeps going this site will be an all Christian forum in a year or two.

I want to read about Top secret cool stuff that goes under the the label "Above top secret"

You do not think that Religion as Mankind knows it is a fallacy? That ranks up there with being secret knoweledge revealed. Why are you not opining the distant thead WISHFORM "Aliens reveal/show thyselves".
Why do I have to wear "pajama jeans", what is it so cuddly about the Panda Bear, No thread ingendered is NO THREAD so start one to your mind significant.

edit on 27-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

I'm a Christian, and I 100*% agree with you. Unless it is in the correct forum (such as rant.) such threads don't even belong under "religion" because I believe the intent is for religion-related topics encompassing conspiracy, or hidden knowledge. Feel you've uncovered some hidden knowledge, or unraveled a mystery within Christianity (or any other religion) - have at it! But a thread just to say Jesus loves you, or "ignore the nuclear confrontation, because Jesus has a plan and will forgive you" is simply useless. What bugs me more is the ones who interject into just about any thread things like, "it doesn't matter" or "this means nothing", etc., "because all you have to do is accept Jesus as your savior."

The problem I have with such replies is that they are meant to end discussion by answering everything with just accepting Jesus as your savior. People here want to know and understand things, they don't want to simply observe and ignore. I hate to even say this, because the deep fundamentalist, "born again" types may want to turn it into a screaming match, but I simply don't believe that Jesus would want us to just blandly go through the motions of life with no participation or thought and simply default to "ignore it, because Jesus" anyhow.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well then here is an idea for you...Do not read the headlines for what is trending. Simply go to the forum that contains the type of topics you are interested in. No one is forcing you to read any of these threads, and if simply seeing a sentence, topic, or headline written by itself angers you, then in my opinion you should probably be working on that issue instead of reading conspiracy related threads.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Would you prefer such threads as "There is no GOd" "GOD IS DEAD" "WE HATE GOD AND JESUS!!"

Most threads on ATS are started by people who hate Jesus and God.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

Calm down fellow, the people that write the thumper threads are uneasy, worried and scared. There are a lot of "thumpers" on this site and by seeking fellowship with each other they find solace. Be gentle with them, for, as much as I and maybe others disagree or just quietly laugh, they believe what they believe.

We all can't be rugged individualists and we can't all face and/or solve our problems with prayer and faith. Remember, while they are in church or hiding somewhere praying for deliverance from some evil, we will be facing it with intelligence and what weapons we can find...

and winning.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Personally I never get tired of reading others opinions, ideas and areas of interest. The main reason I come to ATS is to expand my mind. Sequestering certain topics and areas off interest into different forums defeats the entire purpose for me coming to ATS. If you are already decided on a topic and aren't open to any additional discussion then don't open the thread, but to me that would be a sad way to go though life.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
While i agree and get bored of seeing the same rehash stuffs that is
everywhere, i do enjoy some of the threads that are written well and
thought out well, and in all reality religion is perhaps the biggest
conspiracy theory to ever grace mankind, they are more ingrained in
the world than most people imagine, just look at society's ideas of
morality, they seem to think jesus lived in a big house, didn't command
people to be poor beggars and live off the kindness of others and
clearly clearly point out that those with wealth will have an easier time
of passing through the eye of a needle then getting to heaven......

Yet the vast majority live lives of luxury and would sooner let kids starve
than to give up all of their wealth to ensure the whole world is fed and
so on and so forth, religion is the idea that your helping without having
to actually do anything other than wish someone better and maybe go
to church every once in a blue moon even though it is flat out said that
this is not the way to be saved, it is whatever they decide it is. religion
gives them comfort, comfort that they are indeed helping without helping
and are going to be rewarded for that ineptitude.

There again its all in the "interpretation" so in all reality it is whatever makes
them happy, they will mold and change it to fit and if it breaks then its just
another of the countless denominations that modern day christianity has
become.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Jesus will forgive you, my son.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well, this was going to be a sort of a "hit-and-run" thread as it was just a rant and I was not going to argue or start a disscussion about my rant. A rant is a rant.

But I feel as I have to make a few points. And this will probably be my last reply to this "thread"

First of all, thanks for ALL replies, I appriciate it.

Many of the repliers seem to think that I click on every "Jesus thread", and while I didn`t write that I don`t I can understand why you think that. But to be clear, I don`t click any of them. So why am I bothered then?
Mostly, as I said, because those threads clutter the board (in my opinion) and I don´t see the point in spreading "the word of Jesus/God" on a conspiracy forum. That is why I`m tired of seeing these threads take up space.

I have never said that you aren`t allowed to belive in what you want, of course you are! You can belive all you wan`t, I don`t care about that. But I think, as well as others on this "thread" is that you don´t have to infect other non-related to Jesus/God threads with your preaching about the bible. And anti-homosexual drivel. That is just sick.

I Don`t think that has any place on a conspiracy site.

Now, I know there is a forum dedicated to religion in a non-conspiracy way (which for me is just wierd) and by the "rules" of this site you are freely allowed to write there. But, with to obviously growing number of christian members on this site and the religion threads being allowed to show up on the "New topic flow" (as stated by a poster here) it is getting pretty tedious to watch all those threads. They are getting more popularity than the real "conspiracy threads", and for a site that deals with mainly conspiracy AND has the slogan "deny ignorance" it is pretty sad actually.

Yes I´m fully aware I started a Jesus/God thread.

This site is more and more looking like GLP, no, GLP is starting to look better almost.

So there you have it, another rant from me.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Personally... I think a little tolerance all around is a good thing. ATS has thousands of active members and many many more on the official rolls, according to the member stats. There are quite literally towns large enough to have their own Walmart near me that have smaller overall populations than JUST the active, regular members here.

Among all that, society will end up being reflected, I think. World wide, Christianity is a major leader. In the West, it's pushing 80% average. So, sure it'll work into things like forums and if this were an Arab site in Dubai or Kuwait, I'd fully expect to see subtle lines of Islam run through much of it. Culture is what culture is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join