It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I Don't Understand About Some Homosexuals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Before I start on this "rant" (It's not really a rant. I just didn't know where to really put this.) I want to preface it by saying that this is not meant to be disrespectful to homosexuals. From a Biblical standpoint I disagree with homosexuality, but I'm all for each person's personal freedoms. Your sexuality doesn't affect me in the least bit, and as long as it doesn't then I don't care what you do. It's like they say, "Don't agree with gay marriage? Then don't get married to a gay person. Don't believe in abortion? Then don't get one." So on and so forth.

Also I need to say that this obviously doesn't apply to all homosexuals. I am not stereotyping all homosexuals. It's just something I am curious about.

I've seen on numerous occasions, more times than I can count, instances of a homosexual male who dressed like a woman or a homosexual woman who dresses up like a man. And I don't mean at Gay Pride Parades or anything like that. I mean in normal, everyday life.

My question is this, why? If you are a homosexual man then you are attracted to men. Your partner, boyfriend, whatever, is obviously attracted to men also. So why are you dressing up like a woman? Why are you putting on make-up and dresses?

Or if you are a homosexual woman then you are attracted to women, as is your girlfriend, partner, wife, whatever. So if you are attracted to women then why are you or your partner dressing up like a man with a short hair cut or wearing men's clothing?

I sincerely mean no offense. I just really don't understand it. And maybe some of you will respond that I don't need to understand it. Fair enough. But I was honestly hoping someone could explain it. I'm not here to argue or make people feel bad. I'm just genuinely curious why some homosexuals/lesbians do try to make themselves look like the opposite gender or date someone of the same gender who does themselves up like the opposite gender. Wouldn't that go against being attracted to the same gender?

I'm attracted to women, therefore I want my woman to dress like a woman. I wouldn't want her to look like a man. That wouldn't be attractive to me in the least bit.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Actually, i would like to know that as well, about why Homosexual or even Heterosexuals cross dress.

Hopefully this discussion stays on topic!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think you might be confused as to gay, transgender and cross dressers. Gay is gay. Transgender are people on their way from one sex to the one they feel they belong in. Cross dressers can be gay or not.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's not about the clothes they wear, it's about the package if you know what i mean
The rest is all preference in style, some girls (and boys) like tomboys and some boys (and girls) like girlyboys.
As far as the clothing topic, maybe they are cross-dresseres? Some are not even gay at all.
Oooor pre-op transgendered?
And some just try really really hard i guess

edit on 27-2-2013 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Nah I'm not confused. I'm strictly referring to homosexuals who dress like the opposite gender. Not heterosexuals who cross dress.

For instance, my daughter's mother knows this guy who is gay and he dresses like a woman, with the make-up and all. You'd think he was a woman who just liked to wear men's clothes, like jeans and t-shirts.
edit on 27-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Nah I'm not confused. I'm strictly referring to homosexuals who dress like the opposite gender. Not heterosexuals who cross dress.

For instance, my daughter's mother knows this guy who is gay and he dresses like a woman, with the make-up and all. You'd think he was a woman who just liked to wear men's clothes, like jeans and t-shirts.

How come? you can't separate Homosexual and Heterosexual cross dressers, they are in the same boat.

If its wrong for Homosexual to cross dress then it should be the same for Heterosexuals. If i converted you question asking heterosexuals, it would ask "Why do Heterosexual men dress as females, even tho they are attracted to females"

The question of this topic should be "Why people cross dress?" adding an additional tag(like homo or hetero) just makes it a slight hate speech.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know a few.

Though I can't answer that question for you.

I do know, that homosexuals do the best haircuts and nail designs, then women can.

I prefer my salon artist to be homosexual.

Don't ever change.

Be yourself.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

He sounds as if he's living a trans-sexual life style. Some of them have a wonderful fashion sense, I appreciate.

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You are misunderstanding. I'm not saying it's "wrong." And I'm not talking about heterosexual cross dressers. I'm talking about gay men and women who dress like the opposite sex. I just don't understand why they do it if they are attracted to the same sex. Why look like the opposite sex if you are attracted to the same sex.

It's not hate speech at all. You're being absurd now. I'm genuinely curious because homosexuals are attracted to the same sex, so why dress like the opposite sex.

If you are trying to make this into a "bigoted" thing then I'm just gonna ignore you and wait for those to respond who understand my point and who aren't gonna try and take cheap shots like labeling me an anti-homosexual bigot.

My goodness. Try to understand something genuinely and you always have to get at least one asshole who tries to ruin it and claim some sort of bigotry. Absurd. This is what's wrong with the world today. Can't inquire about something that you don't understand to try and get a better understanding without being accused of something.

Hell just the fact that I'm trying to understand and willing to understand shows that I'm not a bigot. A bigot wouldn't give a #. A bigot would just label them "faggots" or "dykes" or any other ignorant term and keep moving.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Let me ask you one question: do you dress as you do to attract the opposite sex? Or because you yourself appreciate the aesthetic appearance it gives you? I don't dress to attract. I dress so I'm not naked.

Personally, if a woman is that focused on how I look and not who I am, then I don't want her.
edit on 27-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are guys out there, that are attracted to men, and they feel that themselves, are more like a woman than a man, and along with that, like to feel like a woman.
I'm guessing.
I would have to assume that if a guy is going to go to all the trouble of putting on makeup, he must like to feel "pretty".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Who are you to determine how men and women should dress?

I'm not.

I swear for a website full of intelligent people, so many people jump to stupid conclusions or completely misinterpret what people are saying.

I don't care how people dress. But thanks for missing my point without even asking me to clarify (although I spelled it out completely in my OP).

To my understanding, this is more a matter of gender stereotyping than anything else. If this has come down to a matter of fashion, then I am seriously sorry for you.

No, I'm sorry for you because you cannot understand a simple concept/question.

I'll try one last time with you. Homosexuals are people who are attracted to the same sex. If you are a man who is attracted to men, then why would you be in a relationship with a man who does himself up like a woman?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A real quick thanks to everyone who has genuinely tried to answer my inquiry and who hasn't tried, pathetically I might add, to accuse me of anti-homosexual bigotry or tried to make my question seem bigoted.

Stars to each of you who answered genuinely and understood what I'm asking.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Because we are not all stamped out of the same mold. Because we have individual wants, and needs. It's simple really...if we were all the same, as you would like to stamp us, we'd all wear the same boring outfit.

We like differences...it's a good thing....

Why does this even have space in your head.....

Des

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah, you caught me before I edited my knee-jerk response. I'm blaming you for that one. Don't hover over my posts because it literally changed within two minutes of my posting it.

Oh, and are you wearing mixed fibers? I have bad news for you...
edit on 27-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As a gay male I agree with the OP. Its unfortunate that some gay men do act very feminine. I really do not like it when I see this as it stereotypes the rest of the gay community and as these guys stand out like a sore thumb it basically leads some people to assume that every gay man/woman is the same. Its the same on TV, all the actors, singers etc that have come out as gay seem to be stereotypically gay and I find this really annoying especially due to the fact that for every feminine camp guy, you’ll have 20 other gay guys that are not feminine and yet have been tarnished with the same brush.

What’s more shocking is the amount of homophobia and hate on ATS lately. Did you know that you are more likely to be homophobic if you yourself have issues with your sexuality. Most if not all my friends are straight and straight male friends and they are so comfortable with their own sexuality that they have no issue with what I do in the privacy of my own home. Perhaps before some of you spout your hatred and homophobic remarks, you should take a closer look at home and ask yourself are you happy with your own sexuality.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Because we are not all stamped out of the same mold. Because we have individual wants, and needs. It's simple really...if we were all the same, as you would like to stamp us, we'd all wear the same boring outfit.

I'm not stamping everyone the same
Come on. I thought you were on the same page as far as understanding my point.

Why does this even have space in your head.....

Because I'm curious!!

Question: If you are a woman who is attracted to men, would you be attracted to a man who dressed like a woman? Who wore make-up or maybe women's clothes? That's my point. If a homosexual man is attracted to men, then why is this homosexual man with another homosexual man who dresses like a woman?

I'm not stamping anything. I'm trying to understand. Attacking me or falsely accusing me of something is not helping me understand at all. It's just making those of you who are going on the offensive over an honest and innocent question look like fools, alleging bigotry where it doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Doesn't matter. It was your response so I responded. I'm not hovering. If I were, I'd see that you changed your comment.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireDragonDan
As a gay male I agree with the OP. Its unfortunate that some gay men do act very feminine. I really do not like it when I see this as it stereotypes the rest of the gay community and as these guys stand out like a sore thumb it basically leads some people to assume that every gay man/woman is the same. Its the same on TV, all the actors, singers etc that have come out as gay seem to be stereotypically gay and I find this really annoying especially due to the fact that for every feminine camp guy, you’ll have 20 other gay guys that are not feminine and yet have been tarnished with the same brush.

Thanks, Dan! Glad you understand. Well, Neal Patrick Harris doesn't seem to be "stereotypically gay"

Did you know that you are more likely to be homophobic if you yourself have issues with your sexuality.

Totally agree! Look at hypocrites like Ted Haggard. Any time I hear people relentlessly gay-bashing I often suspect them of having hidden homosexual feelings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join