It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siri, the privacy killer App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Those silly questions you ask Siri, Apple's intelligent personal assistant, may not be as "private" as you think....

Apparently your voice is sent to a mysterious server, which then has Siri respond back to you. So every question, inquiry, name, number, address & search is logged on this mysterious server. Your voice is probably recorded digitally there too...

Well, you may say that doesn't sound too evil, wait until Apple unveils their " ALWAYS ON " Siri

Everything , including arguments with your wife, sex, singing in the shower, etc will end up in this mysterious servers database..

LOL What happened to the good old days when the Government had to plant a bug to hear private conversations?

Those days are over my friends

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Those silly questions you ask Siri, Apple's intelligent personal assistant, may not be as "private" as you think....

Can I, just for a second, ask a simple question.

What idiot thought posting questions to "intelligent", internet-based AI, would be private? what moron didn't know everything you just posted right there?

Here's a tip. You don't need Siri to have apple logging everything you do on your idevice, that's what's already happening.

Who exactly makes plans for sex with their wife using siri? Who makes any internet search, voice activated or not, thinking it's private?

honestly, i think people need to start thinking logically again, if you didn't know this about siri, what the hell are you doing with an idevice anyway?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What if they have someone with a magnetic tape recorder on the other end of siri to record your private datas?

Won't be digitally recorded then, so much better!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

What if they have someone with a magnetic tape recorder on the other end of siri to record your private datas?

It won't do any good.
How many conversations could you monitor at the same time?

Big brother or fat apple doesn't have the man power to decypher all our conversations.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Can I, just for a second, ask a simple question.

What idiot thought posting questions to "intelligent", internet-based AI, would be private? what moron didn't know everything you just posted right there?

Here's a tip. You don't need Siri to have apple logging everything you do on your idevice, that's what's already happening.

Who exactly makes plans for sex with their wife using siri? Who makes any internet search, voice activated or not, thinking it's private?

honestly, i think people need to start thinking logically again, if you didn't know this about siri, what the hell are you doing with an idevice anyway?

They are making plans for Siri to be in "ready" mode all the time for your convenience. No longer a need to push the little screen button to activate. Everything will be recorded anticipating some "speech" pattern from you at your whim.

Since "everything" will be recorded, that means all audio, including background noise.

Siri will be the open mic to your privacy if your device is around

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
SIri is just a voice operated search engine of course it runs off a server somewhere just like any search engine. I pretty sure this would suprise nobody.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm starting to think that most people on ATS spend their days trying to find things to complain about.

Seriously--if you're worried about technology spying on you, don't buy it. If someone wants to sit around and listen to my conversations on some server--go for it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I'm sure they'd get bored listening to my conversations as well.

I did play a bit when I got my iPhone5. Kinda talked a little smack to Siri. She told me to be nice,

edit on 27-2-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

top topics

join