It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Guntersville ordinance sparks controversy...states officers could disarm individuals, if ne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
just found this gem. the story mentions Tuscaloosa already has a law like this on the books. it really isn't hard to believe in this day and age, yet it should be.

Mayor Leigh Dollar says it would ensure a quick response in the event of a major disaster, like the April 27, 2011, tornadoes.

"We are not trying to infringe upon anyone constitutional rights whatsoever. It's just to protect the workers working out there in a disaster," Dollar said.

Link to Story

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

"We are not trying to infringe upon anyone constitutional rights whatsoever. It's just to protect the workers working out there in a disaster," Dollar said.

You need to be extremely cautious when government officials start using language like this.

Nothing good ever comes of it. It has red flags popping up all over it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh brilliant. They should definitely be re-elected, eh?

So basically, in the moments I'd need a gun most ..I mean the event many buy a gun for in the first place, a disaster, they are going to come make law abiding people defenseless? I'll bet this isn't done to sweep the high crime areas. They might get shot down there. They'll just pull this whammy on decent people who are willing to give them up or be overpowered by authority.

How cowardly, shortsighted or both. Unelectable is what I'd call the guys who would even consider such a thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join