It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb threat prompts evacuation at North Texas natural gas plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Bomb threat prompts evacuation at North Texas gas plant

dfw.cbslocal.com

Captain Kevin Benton, with the Wise County Sheriff’s Office, said, “Essentially what we discovered was in a work area there was a note, a generic note left, that stated there could be a bomb on the property.”

The plant was already in the process of being evacuated when the emergency call was made, but Sheriff’s sent officers, fire department bomb experts, and other first responders to the scene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-2-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just breaking.. this would be devestating if this were a credible threat. They say there is no danger to the public....I would sure hate to be around if a bomb went off in that plant. I hope everybody stays safe, and glad they were able to evacuate quickly. I will definitely stay tuned to this as new news comes along I will try and post on here.

dfw.cbslocal.com

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Just breaking.. this would be devestating if this were a credible threat. They say there is no danger to the public....I would sure hate to be around if a bomb went off in that plant. I hope everybody stays safe, and glad they were able to evacuate quickly. I will definitely stay tuned to this as new news comes along I will try and post on here.

dfw.cbslocal.com

99% of the time when someone plants a REAL bomb, they do not inform ANYONE... It almost has never happened. Why would you warn people your about to blow them up if you want to blow them up??

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Maybe to gather as many police and investigators to the scene to inflict more carnage?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The gas plant itself can be considered a bomb, and creating a huge boom at said location wouldn't require a bomb, would it? But, best to play it safe.

Lockdown! Evacuate! Notify the feds!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by starfoxxx

Maybe to gather as many police and investigators to the scene to inflict more carnage?
Not with the advent of the bomb squad everyone is away from the place and robots are sent in.. The cops do not go jumping into a bomb knowingly anymore.

CX

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

99% of the time when someone plants a REAL bomb, they do not inform ANYONE... It almost has never happened. Why would you warn people your about to blow them up if you want to blow them up??

The IRA were always nice enough to give coded warnings.....right before they slaughtered innocents....again, and again, and again.

CX.
edit on 26/2/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There had been a bomb scare at the high school in the elitist town of Highland Park this morning also... The students were evacuated to the stadium across the street from the school at 11:30 AM... There were no bombs sniffed out by the dogs and classes will be held in the morning.... It is odd that two bomb threats were reported on the same day on the local Dallas/Fort Worth TV stations at the same time today.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
There had been a bomb scare at the high school in the elitist town of Highland Park this morning also... The students were evacuated to the stadium across the street from the school at 11:30 AM... There were no bombs sniffed out by the dogs and classes will be held in the morning.... It is odd that two bomb threats were reported on the same day on the local Dallas/Fort Worth TV stations at the same time today.

My first thought was someone trying to get out of work that day. Now I'm thinking maybe it is a student who does not want to go to work or school today. Maybe it's a team of siblings?

Just kidding...

As another poster pointing out with wisdom: these threats lead nowhere, unless you're John McClane

new topics

top topics

join