It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Technology Will Make Batteries Obsolete

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Been hearing about super capacitors since I was in the EE program in purdue many moons ago. We will see where this goes.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Google it. It will answer the questions you asked. And I could build one if I wanted, but I'm not that mechanical.

Forgot to mention, it was Canadian.
edit on 26-2-2013 by chrome413 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by grey580

A lot of times these technologies don't "pan out", not because they're not practical and useful, but specifically because they ARE practical and useful AND a threat to oil profits. The labs get shut down, the researchers commit "suicide" and the new invention disappears.

What evidence is there for this?

The US Military spends a huge amount of money humping fuel around horrible mideast areas. It would love to get out of that job. They're more powerful than oil companies. And there is no short-term threat to oil profits remotely, oil is a global commodity.

Yes I tire of this nonsense as well. I have yet to see a list of all the inventors, "free energy" devices they invented, when they died, age , and how. All I ever see is one ore two names involved in a car accident (well sheesh are these guys immune from such events !).

Unless every single country on the planet is part of NWO/TPTB (assuming it exists) then there is no way in hell the likes of China, North Korea, Iran etc etc would not use such technology......especially China !!!

If we used such technology the following would happen:
1. No more reliance on the middle east and so the withdrawal of all troops/bases from those areas. Massive cost saving, no more appeasing of despotic dictatorships.
2. Home devices would reduce fuel bills to zero and thus significantly increase spending power on consumer products instead of imported oil. Massive economic boost. Increased tax income, decreased welfare spending.
3. Significant improvement in air quality.
4. The first exporter of such devices (licensed) would make a fortune selling it and thus massive increase in corporate tax for the exporting country.
5. Anyone with half a brain knows the way to control a population is to control the water not oil. Nobody can switch to an alternative to water. Any NWO/TPTB would know this.

It seems that you don't understand... It's not about saving money. Money is something you can print into oblivion. Resources you can't. Government(s) need oil and all fossil fuels because they can control it. They can control production, price, distribution and with that they have POWER and CONTROL over you. Now imagine if you could use some infinite energy source cheaply, like solar energy for example. You could become independent from your government, independent from the rest of the world! And they cannot let you do that! Why? Because in that case they would lose their purpose, and their purpose is to have as much power and as much control over you as they can. So free or cheap energy and current socio-political structure on this planet are incompatible.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The energy conspiracy is straightforward. No Illuminati required.

If corporations think there is money to be had in supporting these 'inventions' they will do so, otherwise they won't. The conspiracy is that they prioritize profit over other considerations. I doubt anything more than a lack of investing and partnerships is required to 'suppress' the tech.

I use Lightscribe often. Maybe I will give this stuff a shot

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Very cool
I never heard of this before
Hopefully some huge company don't buy it then bury it
Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Its old news. Not some big new discovery:

www.extremetech.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ok people, im looking into this for a week or so. I didnt have time to read all the posts so sorry if im repeating something. This is an open source technology and the best part is to be found in the following link.

www.sciencemag.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Been hearing about Graphene for a long time now, but seen nothing viable... not saying it won't deliver, but I hear so much about so many things.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerseyGuy
Its old news. Not some big new discovery:

www.extremetech.com...

Yeah it's been posted on here numerous times.. it comes up every now and again in news as the next big thing, but it's never actually done it ... but I also heard about how hydrogen was going to revolutionize the fuel industry years ago too .. there's always issues...

With hydrogen people usually say it's the government or the oil industry keeping them down.. but really it's just the simple fact that producing hydrogen consumes more energy than it yields.. especially with hydrogen hybrids.. people think WOW I paid less in gas! .. oh drat, my electric bill went up .. or my car battery or alternator is dying faster.. so you may save some at the pump, but you're spending more elsewhere because producing hydrogen is just more taxing than producing energy from fossil fuel ( for now ) .. I think that will improve over time.
edit on 2/26/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This is great! One problem. It will disappear and you'll never hear of it again...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kip9999
reply to post by grey580

This is great! One problem. It will disappear and you'll never hear of it again...

Hasn't gone away in a few years... it just isn't viable yet ... if it ever will be, I'm sure it might be, but it has issues.. I've known about it for quite a while... the news reports on it every year or so...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So this is a high capacity battery
it still does nothing to solve the energy crisis
it will still require power to charge it
the charging power will still be greater than the usable power
but I think it will be great to electric vehicles
maybe the final breakthrough required to make electric vehicles the new standard

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Hello..My brother is in management at General Motors. We both live in Michigan. Not long after the Chevrolet Volt electric car was introduced, we were able to get the keys to one and took it for a spin. We both drove the car, and it was a very cool ride. The only thing that we though was a drawback, was the limited range on the batt. Only 45 miles. Last year he reminded me of our ride and mentioned that General Motors had hired a couple of young guys, I here dam near genius types, that thought they could build a batt. that would extend the range to 150 miles. We agreed that would be a game changer. They said if they could build this technology, that they could then make it go 250 miles on a charge with a little more time. I wonder if these are the guys ?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I know it's maybe off-topic but the big oil companies OWN your military, they fight their wars..

On topic :

I absolutely love this idea!! Hope they find their way on the market or as other users said, make an open source project
I'd love to make one at home!

Peace out

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's good to see new technologies that could enable clean energy. I wish more people were aware of how inexpensive it is to generate their own electricity. Some people are even taking themselves off the grid altogether now. There are some great guides out there on how to do this, some of which are listed on this site www.diyenergyreview.com if you’re interested?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by David557

Unfortunately this is not a device that generates energy.

Its 'only' a device that is supposed to store it better than the tech we currently use.

But i looooooooveee that!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Been hearing about Graphene for a long time now, but seen nothing viable... not saying it won't deliver, but I hear so much about so many things.

Th EU is promoting graphene research with 1billion euro. Hope this geta things rolling.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of why I hang around ATS; being exposed to information I might otherwise have missed. Needless to say, this about Graphene is not new, it is a few years old. Nevertheless, this information falling upon my eyes and ears is already having and impact that I am even now discussing with friends who with me have been working for years to develop viable means for off the grid electricity for our small farms scattered around the world.

I confess, this is news to me, this day and I am making comment even as I turn to go pursue the potential uses for "Graphene" and manufacturing processes. Seem to me others could be doing the same...Good Luck Starred & Flagged OP

edit on 26-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Whoa! Not so fast everyone. Graphene is Carbon. Carbon capacitors where the first super-capacitors out of the Box.

Back in the early 80's I was charging up 1 Farad Capacitors, and running LED's for around 15 minutes or maybe it was 20 minutes. So the dude lighting his LED in the OP post for what was it 10minutes?? - is far short of the little beggar I held in my hands, back in the 80's. And it was much smaller.

The problem with this disk, ( my guess), is that this crazy DVD coated with the graphene probably only produces a 1.2 volt cell. This is the key!!! You will have to put a lot of these layers together to get anything higher than a 1.2 volt capacity, when you do this you reduce the overall capacitance, then suddenly you have a really big stack of graphene coated DVD's to get any usable charge out of it.

Supercaps have been around since the 80's, but the problem is always the darn 1.2 volt cell. Even regular batteries run into this basic cell voltage limitation.

I am skeptical!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It seems like many idea's and technology and medical breakthroughs have been suppressed on purpose. Get scientific magazines and majority of all that you read never comes to fruition in the public sector. The government doesn't like stuff like this leaking out to much and to fast. Better to keep people working like slaves in the dark.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join