It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea prison camps 'like the Holocaust' - Pretext for war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

NORTH Korea's prison camps are a closed-off world of death, torture and forced labour where babies are born slaves, according to two survivors who liken the horrors of the camps to a Holocaust in progress.

"People think the Holocaust is in the past, but it is still very much a reality. It is still going on in North Korea," Shin Dong-hyuk told AFP through an interpreter on the sidelines of a human rights summit in Geneva.

Mr Shin spent his first 23 years in a prison camp in the secretive country, where he says he was tortured and subjected to forced labour before making a spectacular escape seven years ago - and giving the outside world a rare first-hand account of life inside the camps.

Main Article

I put this in the WW3 forum because of my interpretation of the article... While I don't suggest it is a fabrication (nor do I deny that it is),I argue that relating the prison camps of the DPRK to those of the Nazis would be one way of justifying an invasion that the bulk of the public would find palatable.

The WMD excuse does not work anymore after Iraq, the people realize that North Korea and Iran pose no real threat to the west, thus is the Human Rights card being pulled again?
There is plenty sabre rattling coming from both the DPRK and the West lately.. could 'prevention of gross human rights violations akin to those of the Holocaust' be the justification the West has been looking for? The people are tired of war in the west, but would likely allow a war that is 'just'.

What y'all think ?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
In a word.....NO

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think the majority of people would see right through it as a justification for an unneeded war. The NK prison camps have been around for as long as the current family has been in control, more than likely alot longer. Why wait until now to go and liberate their people?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
I think the majority of people would see right through it as a justification for an unneeded war. The NK prison camps have been around for as long as the current family has been in control, more than likely alot longer. Why wait until now to go and liberate their people?

Why did the US wait until 2005 to invade iraq? Why did they wait to do into Libya? WW2?

new topics

top topics

join