It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO story reversal - 10 years in the making.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyingunderoath
Nice post. Although one experience should not shake your ET beliefs to their foundation.The large numbers of re-marriage after divorce shows we can all bounce back from a bad experience. Pilot UFO reports with radar hits are hard even for the debunkers to ignore.

Good point... even now I am uncertain of what my first encounter was... My 2nd was definitely birds however.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, this is a conspiracy web site, so I guess I'll go ahead and say it: Could the OP be part of some disinformation campaign designed to get us to question what we see? Maybe it's some attempt to convince us that we didn't really see what we just saw.

No offense to the OP personally. But the internet is a fairly anonymous place and I wouldn't put it past TPTB to pull a trick like this. In fact, they have been doing it for a long, long time.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Well, this is a conspiracy web site, so I guess I'll go ahead and say it: Could the OP be part of some disinformation campaign designed to get us to question what we see? Maybe it's some attempt to convince us that we didn't really see what we just saw.

No offense to the OP personally. But the internet is a fairly anonymous place and I wouldn't put it past TPTB to pull a trick like this. In fact, they have been doing it for a long, long time.

I assure you I'm just a regular guy who is confused about what I saw.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
Could the OP be part of some disinformation campaign designed to get us to question what we see?
We should question what we see. Otherwise, we come across like so many other breathless idiots that have no concept of logical reasoning. Now just because you're being reasonable doesn't mean you're right, but it's a good starting point. Like the man says...when you hear hoof-beats, think horses, not zebras.

Points to the OP for questioning his prior conviction on the issue at hand...but he may well have been right the first time, too.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The only birds I know of that fly in a uniform V pattern are geese and I have never seen them fly past sunset; they're also horrifically noisy; you can hear them coming from at least a mile away and they don't fly that high, either. Any bird-watchers out there that know of species that fly in formation in the middle of the night???

I don't know what you saw either time, but once you delve into the UFO literature, it's clear something unexplained is happening and has been happening for a very long time. The multiple radar returns on unidentified objects lying at multiple-mach speeds and doing 90 degree turns defies any routine explanation. If it's our own high-technology planes doing such things, why the consternation by the very same Air Force in identification? Why the secrecy to the point of threatening witnesses to stay quiet?

And, yeah, can't figure out why something from another civilization would need wing-tip lights, unless it's part of the low speed power generation signature. I believe these things are cloaked at high speeds and only slightly visible at lower speeds; like the 'tether' incident, where a special IR or UV (can't remember which) camera happened to show them; they would never have been photographed otherwise.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Dismiss a whole idea because of 1 mistaken sighting? That's like me going fishing, catching nothing, then saying "No fish exist".

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
The only birds I know of that fly in a uniform V pattern are geese and I have never seen them fly past sunset; they're also horrifically noisy; you can hear them coming from at least a mile away and they don't fly that high,

I heard geese flying overhead last night. I've seen geese flying without making noise. I'm pretty sure many other birds fly together in what could look like a V shape if just by chance.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

I appreciate your honesty. It takes guts to admit what you saw might have been mistaken for birds. I get very frustrated with a certain youtube video poster who refuses to believe any logical criticism of her videos. Kudos to you for being true.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To me, it honestly sounds like your mind has tried to come up with the most plausible interpretation of what you saw and convinced you that you may have been mistaken those 10 years ago. Who knows, it could've actually been a real authenti-genuine ETV. We will likely never know. Don't discount the past 10 years of your life in one split second of doubt.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I disclaim that I haven't read all of the other posts, but I have had a huge self illuminating "V" fly right over my head on the 4th of July, Independence Day (key word, Independence). You may have seen a "flock of geese" fly over your head recently, but that doesn't necessarily mean that what you saw years ago was just a "flock of geese". Continue exploring.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
You shouldnt feel bad, OP. You made a simple mistake. Even if that was the second time you made the mistake, it still an understandable one. Easy to misidentify objects at night in the sky.

However, if you truly have studied the evidence of the UFO phenomenon, you should know that your misidentification in no way undermines the fact there are objects in our skies that the average person cannot identify- its not a question of 'belief'- its a simple fact that has been established for many years.

As to what these objects are, well, thats another question entirely...........

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Dismiss a whole idea because of 1 mistaken sighting? That's like me going fishing, catching nothing, then saying "No fish exist".
If the existence of fish were in question because of a lack of quality evidence, then maybe preconceived notions on that matter do need to be reexamined.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

There are plenty of other people who have seen real UFO's (intelligently controlled) and have no doubt of what they saw. Whether or not Aliens are flying them, is of course up for debate.

Yes like my best friend and I - about 15 years ago we had a close range encounter with a silver disc in the mountains of Colorado, I've detailed it many times here on ATS. Not sure if it was otherworldly but it was something to behold and it definitely changed me at the core.
edit on 28-2-2013 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman

Originally posted by DAVID64
If the existence of fish were in question because of a lack of quality evidence, then maybe preconceived notions on that matter do need to be reexamined.

I like your thinking and got to wondering how long it would take to remove that quality evidence and came up with about 65 years, at which point even the eye witness testimony would be dismissed as the ramblings of an old mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I understand how you must feel. Twenty years ago I was working at night and came home at three in the morning and saw a solid object over the graveyard that completely encompassed the entire area. I pulled the car off the side of the road and stared at it for ten minutes, during that time it never moved. That experience made me believe in the possibility of UFO's but at the same time my rational mind wanted to believe there was some explanation and after a while I stored the experience away, thinking it was just my tired mind after working too hard.

Where I live now is so remote that if there were UFO's this place would make a great place to spot them, and I've seen absolutely nothing. I wish I could have the experience again, if for no other reason to prove to myself it wasn't just an overworked mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

used to work night shift and a bit of a skiver..(always outside having a puff)... I can assure you Geese fly at night ..........
I would here them before i saw them usually...though they still could have flown by many times without me noticing..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
10 years ago while living in south Florida I had a UFO sighting that is seared into my brain. I remember laying outside on my driveway, having a phone conversation looking up at the stars. Out of the corner of my eye I see a completely silent, completely dark V or delta going across almost directly above me. It was so blended with the sky that if you looked directly at it you couldn't see it well, rather you could see it better from your periferal vision.

Over the past 10 years, I have delved into the UFO lore, recounted my harrowing encounter more times then I can remember and has convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are being visited.

As it turns out last night I had a repeat encounter. Same V shape, same dark silent mass streaking across the sky. It looked identical... Chills, shock, adrenaline, disbelief all flooded me at once. This time however I was able to see the object a little longer, and was able to see that it was simply a flock of birds at night....

I am shattered... my beliefs of ET have been shaken to their foundation, and I feel like a fool..
edit on 24-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: condensed title

So to simply this over drawn paragraph....

You're saying that you saw a ufo which was right over your head and u clearly Knew what you saw ten years ago, which then inspried a decade of research.

Then fast foward to present time, you were doing your normal every day routine thought u saw a ufo then when you gave it closer examination like an adult would do, you discovered they were merely birds fair enough.....

So now the KICKER....

Your whole foundation on the UFO subject has been shaken because for 6 seconds you thought you saw a triangle shaped craft, but when you turned to get a bettter look like a normal person would you found that they were birds....

This is a great thread goes to show who the real narrow minded, scared, try to hard skeptics are...

Ive seen the usual suspects on here talking about how refreshing it is to here this type of thread..... and how eye witness testimonials are so unreliable yadda yadda yadda, yet they sit here and embrace your eye witness account because you claim they were birds... And birds are of the norm, there's nothing suspicious about birds...!!!

Typical "critical thinking" going on here at ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary

Originally posted by mrperplexed
10 years ago while living in south Florida I had a UFO sighting that is seared into my brain. I remember laying outside on my driveway, having a phone conversation looking up at the stars. Out of the corner of my eye I see a completely silent, completely dark V or delta going across almost directly above me. It was so blended with the sky that if you looked directly at it you couldn't see it well, rather you could see it better from your periferal vision.

Over the past 10 years, I have delved into the UFO lore, recounted my harrowing encounter more times then I can remember and has convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are being visited.

As it turns out last night I had a repeat encounter. Same V shape, same dark silent mass streaking across the sky. It looked identical... Chills, shock, adrenaline, disbelief all flooded me at once. This time however I was able to see the object a little longer, and was able to see that it was simply a flock of birds at night....

I am shattered... my beliefs of ET have been shaken to their foundation, and I feel like a fool..

edit on 25-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: condensed title

So to simply this over drawn paragraph....

You're saying that you saw a ufo which was right over your head and u clearly Knew what you saw ten years ago, which then inspried a decade of research.

Then fast foward to present time, you were doing your normal every day routine thought u saw a ufo then when you gave it closer examination like an adult would do, you discovered they were merely birds fair enough.....

So now the KICKER....

Your whole foundation on the UFO subject has been shaken because for 6 seconds you thought you saw a triangle shaped craft, but when you turned to get a bettter look like a normal person would you found that they were birds....

This is a great thread goes to show who the real narrow minded, scared, try to hard skeptics are...

Ive seen the usual suspects on here talking about how refreshing it is to here this type of thread..... and how eye witness testimonials are so unreliable yadda yadda yadda, yet they sit here and embrace your eye witness account because you claim they were birds... And birds are of the norm, there's nothing suspicious about birds...!!!

Typical "critical thinking" going on here at ATS

Overdrawn paragraph? I would like to point out that your "cliff notes" are nearly just as long as my OP was and without any interesting use of iambic pentameter. In fact your total post eclipses mine in line count.

Even now in my minds eye my first sighting was of a solid object. However upon seeing the birds at night, i must contest I could have been mistaken. I am not sure anymore of what I saw.

edit on 1-3-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join