It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On MSM TV! Sheriff warns of 2nd American Revolution over Gun control

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Why, this man makes me proud to be a Wisconsinite. I also like that he is suggesting that people take a firearms safety course and become armed to protect themselves and their families because police cannot act preemptively -- practically all of the time they can only react to crime.

A big turning point for me was when I called 911 in the suburbs of our modestly sized city as someone was attempting to break into our home late one night. The doors somehow withstood the barrage, and our windows couldn't be reached thank God, because they were very intent on getting inside --- we had to have the doors replaced, the jambs fixed, etc. Weird they didn't attempt the patio and glass patio doors. I've often wondered about that. Maybe they were so jacked up it didn't occur to them.

Anyway, the police didn't get to our home until almost 15 minutes had transpired. After they arrived they told me what Sheriff Clarke Jr. is now saying. This was the fastest they could get here. You might want to take a firearms safety course and buy a gun to defend yourself.

Stupid to bring a knife and a bat to a gunfight, don't you think? Especially in your own home.
I don't worry about that particular bit of stupidity anymore =) I've got enough other manifestations of it to deal with.

Oh, and owning a firearm doesn't make you some retarded Rambo or something. You'd not guess by looking at me or judge by the people I associate with or by the profession that I am in that I own firearms and that I love to shoot.

Also, I see use of a firearm as an absolute last resort. We moved away for other reasons, and in our new home we have ADT. We also have a beautiful Yellow Lab with just the best disposition. However, he always barks and growls very loudly and deeply when the house is approached. That's how we know someone is coming to the door. If anyone does actually get inside, I have no reservations at that point about doing whatever I have to do to protect my wife and child. If you are batsh1t crazy enough to go past all of that and still break in, what are you not capable of doing? Sorry, I'm not going to wait around to find out, but you are about to find out just how batsh1t crazy I can be.

I apologize for this tl;dr - if anyone reads it, well, just think of it as one to grow on =)

best wishes to all

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is my country to and if someone tries an armed insurrection I will be in the streets shooting back. Or worse I will join the idiots and become an agent. I am old I am fat I am white and I am smart except for the smart part I would fit right in - a perfect spy.

Oh and I have guns too.
edit on 25-2-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
it is all well and good to defend oneself if you don't live in a state where most of the women in prison are their for defending themselves aganst their abuswers.. Nope till we have an HONEST district attorney and the FBI does what they said they would do to him..Then I'll just keep my shotgun unloaded and a bat by the door at all times.. Cayenne pepper works as well. A handful of cayeen thrown into the assailants eyes gives you enough time to scram and or reload

Happen to be a woman.. happened to have survived rape.. NO male animal will ever get that close to me again I don't care what DA we have.. if I have to sit on the bozo till they get their I will..

it is a shame that we have not evolved past this though.. says much about us as a people

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

this one of my personal favs...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Sheriff warns that his education doesn't extend past 9th grade civics.

You all are trapped in a cycle of idiocy. It's a for profit game, and the NRA is making money by colluding with government officials. Hype scare, sales shoot, metal industry and weapon investments mature, RINSE, REPEAT.

I dislike the majority of you all in an increasing manner by the day. This used to be a conspiracy site. Now, the most shallow conspiracies seem to be the most difficult things for members to comprehend.

GLP your name is ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Isn't it curious how people opposed to gun ownership are the people that are so vicious in their manner of expressing their sentiment?

These are the same people who, by these very actions expose themselves as believing that they know what is best for you and everyone else.

I believe these angry arbiters lack the ability to be open minded and honest. Being verbally abusive to others also shows a lack of constraint and self control.

Given the volatility of these displayed behaviors I believe that secretly these people are afraid of what they would do if they owned a firearm because of their poor judgment and lack of impulse control.

Best wishes to all

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
This is my country to and if someone tries an armed insurrection I will be in the streets shooting back. Or worse I will join the idiots and become an agent. I am old I am fat I am white and I am smart except for the smart part I would fit right in - a perfect spy.

Oh and I have guns too.
edit on 25-2-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

So what you're saying is that you're an armed liberal who'd have no problem spying on and/or killing the very people that are trying to uphold YOUR freedoms and liberties? Using, of course, the tools that you and yours are attempting to remove from society.

Alrighty then.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh look, the media is trying to start a war. How great........and all of you are going along with it. Get played some more.

Do you not see how the right wing media is trying to incite extremism?

edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Calling Fox MSM is hysterical.

No revolution oer guns. Get a grip. They want 'em and they nee one drone and one tank.

What a bunch of maroons.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Bravo to this sheriff for speaking out. The list of sheriffs standing up against more gun control has been growing.

You can check this list and see if your sheriff is on there.

cspoa.org...

The following sheriffs and state sheriff’s associations have vowed to uphold and defend the Constitution against Obama’s unlawful gun control measures.

So far, there are 12 sheriff's associations that have taken this stance, and a total of 312 sheriffs.
reply to post by buni11687

so, all I can see is a little of the top of the page which stops at the bar with all the links, the rest is just blank

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

WEll,,, I came on this thread from the thread title to lol and say "Oh yeah since it was on TV it must be true"

But after the short video in OP I see this is something much bigger than I had originally expected.

One thing I would like to have had clarity on was just exactly who was it that approached the officer about joining forces with the FEDS in an attempt at home invasion/gun confiscation?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

One thing I would like to have had clarity on was just exactly who was it that approached the officer about joining forces with the FEDS in an attempt at home invasion/gun confiscation?

Good catch Antar,
I heard that and did a double take.

I would like to know as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by antar

Good catch Antar,
I heard that and did a double take.

I would like to know as well.

First off, I am honered to have BTS responding to my OP, Thank you BTS.

I'm not sure this will answer both of your questions, but I'll try.
Here in this video, the VP states that it will be an all or nothing act and that the POTUS will take executive action, but they don’t know what it will be. Interesting threats.

Here is the link to The National Review commentary regarding mandatory gun buy back.
www.nationalreview.com...

Here is another video that details a responce from a different LEO, Sheriff Tim Mueller of Linn County Oregon, to the POTUS.

Lastly, here is a link to the actual DOJ memo, preparred by it's subornate agency, the National Institute of Justice.
www.nraila.org...

Thank Antar for your contribution.
*4 both of you.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

This Sheriff is amazing! Much respect to him ^.^

I'd vote for him.
*4U

I don't want to be rude but you guys are a little pathetic. When you see something on MSM that you don't like, you say they are liers and corporate jackasses.

But when you see something that fits your view , it's the best thing in the world and must be true because the MSM picked it up.

You see the two sides here? In my opinion, they always have a reason that motivates them to show something. That sheriff could be a paid shill for what i know. Maybe we can't see the motive but guys, they are way smarter than the average people and they have at least 4 or 5 moves planned ahead of what we even can't understand.

Don't you think there is a reason they showed that guy and let him say what he said?

Maybe it's just me but everytime i see something that gives a little hope on the MSM, i say to me : Oh my god, what plan do they have to make us believe they have our best interests at heart?

I'm not saying that this guy IS a shill, but why nobody questions his motives when it fits their view?

Peace out.

*** BTW, that post isn't directed only at the OP but to everyone of you that falls into the MSM trap.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hey V1,

Thank you for the OP, and the links.
There seems to be a similar vein between the Sheriff, and other statements
by officials, and now the DOJ memo with a goal of confiscation.

I have read some letters that other county sheriffs have sent to the POTUS,
they were not pretty.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Another civil war?

Cute.

I'll just leave this here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am planning to attend a meeting of a local militia that has formed in Berks County, PA.

It has the support of the county Sheriff and many of the members open carry at the meetings, according to what I am told. It has been formed to protect the US Constitution.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Same can be said for the left-wing with its forms extremism. Politics is nothing more than a sick game which can only be seen in the eye of the beholder.

He is not saying Americans should have a Second American Revolution. He simply stated that if the government were to take an extreme route and actually try for confiscation, then the consequences would be dire.

If he said "Take up Arms and join the nearest Militia, it's on!!!", then I'd be more inclined to believe that the media is actually trying to start a war.
edit on 2/26/13 by SmoothRhythm because: Punctuation

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

You all are trapped in a cycle of idiocy. It's a for profit game, and the NRA is making money by colluding with government officials. Hype scare, sales shoot, metal industry and weapon investments mature, RINSE, REPEAT.

Same can be said about the profit game for the Health Insurance companies when looking at the Healthcare Reform (which is far from the UK's NHS). Some Americans still believe healthcare is going to be free from all the propaganda presented by the MSM back then.

Don't direct you disdain for idiocy only at the pro-gun crowd. 5 years from now there will be another "National Crisis" which will fill the pockets of some powerful individuals in some way, shape, or form.

Politics...
edit on 2/26/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

I think Fox and other MSM feeds 10% true and 90% bs. But you can never trust them. Just after the SH shooting Fox was like: "Take the guns away", now: "Obama is going after your 2nd amendment rights". You never know what interests are behind their news. The bottom line is that this sheriff is right and the message is 100% OK. So good for the people who listens and let's hope a bunch change their minds on the issue.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join