It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Memo: Outlaw and Confiscate All Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

DOJ Memo: Outlaw and Confiscate All Guns

www.infowars.com

TThe National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page “cursory summary” on current gun control initiatives was not officially released by the Obama administration.

The DOJ memo (downloadable here as a PDF) states the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without MANDATORY GUN CONFISCATION,” ..., and thinks universal background checks “won’t work without requiring national gun registration.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
static.infowars.com
www.washingtontimes.com

edit on 24-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well it's not like we did not ready know this however there is no doubt now and the naysayer can no longer claim it's not true. This has been the agenda all along and anyone with a brain in their head paying attention could see it for miles

The memo stands in stark contrast to the administration’s public stance on so-called gun control. White House spokesman Jay Carney said last month that laws proposed by Obama would not “take away a gun from a single law-abiding American.”

It pointed out that banning high capacity ammunition clips would be ineffective due to the fact there is a large number of them already in circulation.

A Justice Department official said the memo is an unfinished review of gun violence research and does not represent administration policy.

Yeah and I hear Prime Everglades land in Florida is the deal of the century too...

These goddamned liars need to be arrested for treason! Game on folks time to turn off the normalcy bias and brace for impact!

Download A PDF of the Memo Here

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Its important to note that the National Institute of Justice is only a research and evaluation arm of the Department of Justice and have no responsibility to recommend actions on policy.

Their job is to be given a task and provide data on a specific area or multiple areas of interest. Nothing more.

It similar to the office of statistics, they just provide raw data when asked to. I assume that these questions they are providing data for are simply part of a larger request on multiple scenarios concerning gun control and simply taken out of context.

Basically if you are trying to decide on what programs would best reduce gun violence you would want to put everything on the table, collect all the known data for each option, and make the decision you think is best based on factual evidence.

I have no doubt they asked the NIJ to evaluate how much gun violence would continue to occur if nothing was done about it also.

Its just them collecting data.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was unaware these strategies were implemented

weird

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Its important to note that the National Institute of Justice is only a research and evaluation arm of the Department of Justice and have no responsibility to recommend actions on policy.

Their job is to be given a task and provide data on a specific area or multiple areas of interest. Nothing more.

It similar to the office of statistics, they just provide raw data when asked to. I assume that these questions they are providing data for are simply part of a larger request on multiple scenarios concerning gun control and simply taken out of context.

Basically if you are trying to decide on what programs would best reduce gun violence you would want to put everything on the table, collect all the known data for each option, and make the decision you think is best based on factual evidence.

I have no doubt they asked the NIJ to evaluate how much gun violence would continue to occur if nothing was done about it also.

If you believe that BS I'd like to interest you in some Prime everglades land CHEAP You'll never find a better deal then this prime property...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I see Hopechest beat me to it.

reply to post by hawkiye

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well it's not like we did not ready know this however there is no doubt now and the naysayer can no longer claim it's not true. This has been the agenda all along and anyone with a brain in their head paying attention could see it for miles

Did you read the memo? It's a list of possible prevention strategies, not an argument in favor of any particular one. It's a summary of a study, showing effectiveness and facts about the possible implementation of the various strategies.

A Justice Department official said the memo is an unfinished review of gun violence research and does not represent administration policy.

Just because you and Alex think they're lying, doesn't mean they're lying.
edit on 2/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Why don't you believe it?

Its their job. Its like blaming the CBO for Congress putting out bad legislation.

Its not their fault they crunched the numbers, it ultimately is Congress that passes the bills.

Same thing here. The NIJ just does the research and the DOJ makes the decisions. If you read through that PDF you'll see how all of their evaluations are sourced up the ying yang. They are not recommending anything, they are simply providing data, especially from other countries around the world and the effects similar policies have had in other nations.

If you really believe that some obscure branch of a branch of government is writing US domestic policy I'm not sure what to tell you.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even though I am skeptical of everything on infowars, I will say that I've seen enough to think that the ultimate goal is to confiscate most, if not all, weapons.

The question that keeps popping up in my head, though, is this: Why?

That's the 64 million dollar question. Why now?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So in summary, they know it's down to two choices.
Uphold the Constitution, or violate it and take guns because anything else would be ineffective.

Yes, it is a recommendation, the administration did say careful research would be done in deciding the best path to take and here we see the reports they are receiving.

We all know handguns dominate the firearm statistics.
Banning ARs would make no difference in gun crime (+-.5% fatality rate difference).

Contrary to the emotional effect it has had on some, the recent events featuring these weapons do not amount to a sizable percentage of crime in America, and are miniscule when compared to overall unnatural death causes. Therefore, making gun control a primary focal point and portraying it as a problem that requires additional (unconstitutional) laws is political terrorism.

Their best bet is to focus on existing laws.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I see Hopechest beat me to it.

reply to post by hawkiye

Originally posted by hawkiye

Did you read the memo? It's a list of possible prevention strategies, not an argument in favor of any particular one. It's a summary of a study, showing effectiveness and facts about the possible implementation of the various strategies.

Just because you and Alex think they're lying, doesn't mean they're lying.
edit on 2/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Anything that isn't on Breitbart or World Net Daily is a lie to them.

Must be living a nightmare in their heads

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm always the first to admonish people not to be too quick to drop their guard. I'm always the first to point out that these bastards lie continuously and for any reason large or small, and even for no reason at all except that they're accomplished habitual liars.

However, this is just a study. It assays the problems associated with the various approaches. It does not recommend anything: It only points to the expected outcomes of various proposed laws.

In other words, this is not the time to panic. There's nothing actionable here. By all means, continue haranguing your "representatives" (as if they were actually representing US), but there's nothing here but a description of the thornier issues....

edit on 2/24/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Why would their recommendation, their suggestion be one of violating the 2nd Amendment?

Why?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

During their brainstorming sessions do they normal put illegal suggestions on the table?

For instance if they were asked to brainstorm about reducing the number of people on government assistance would they include a suggestion to create concentration camps and execute all the people on government assistance?

A suggestion to outlaw guns is just as illegal and unconstitutional as executing people in concentration camps would be.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Meanwhile the entire firearms market's shelves are cleaned out and the top experts say yep, taking the guns is the only effective answer while Operation Sandy Hook continues against the populace full steam ahead.

But it's not time to worry. YET!

Best to cross that bridge when Obama takes us to it, blindfolded, single file.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

This is the typical MO of the anti-gun crowd. They try to single out one thing out of context and claim it is just benign. However the memo is one of many evidences that gun confiscation is the end goal. Gun violence is cause of less then 1.5% of deaths in America It is insignificant in the grand scheme of causes of death. Yet Media would have you believe it is an epidemic which is laughable.

The ant-gun rhetoric surrounding the recent suspiciously convenient shootings. Several states simultaneously moving to ban certain weapons, magazines, ammunition, and implementing registration. DHS and the Feds buying up billions of rounds of ammo and millions of weapons and caching them around the country. The feds pressuring Banks to not accept legal transactions from gun owners and manufactures. Military training jointly with police in major cities with machine gun fire over populated areas. The VA striping Vets of their gun rights if they visit a counselor. The Memos calling everyone from people using cash for purchases to vets and Ron Paul supporters etc. potential terrorists, and on it goes. The list is getting quite long.

Anyone who does not see that they are preparing for confiscation and war with the people is either a moron or a shill.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I saw that the guy who wrote this document came to DOJ from RAND corporation. I was interested to see that gun control is hugely now an agenda of RAND. This think tank has been prophetic in their ideas, to say least: policies and wars, the decisions driving very course of our US Government, are initiated not by the People nor the leaders, but behind closed doors of Special Interest Corporations like this.

www.rand.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

How many acres?

That said - i deal with the national institute of science and technology often due to my career, and it is as the above poster said - just a research branch of the government. NIST has a 39 page document on how to secure passwords, and best practices for password generation. Does that mean that the US now has those suggestions as law?

No.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Even though I am skeptical of everything on infowars, I will say that I've seen enough to think that the ultimate goal is to confiscate most, if not all, weapons.

The question that keeps popping up in my head, though, is this: Why?

That's the 64 million dollar question. Why now?

I think that can be logically deduced and arrive at the most likely...

It's hard to fight back with rocks and sticks....

The whole great experiment that is (was?) our Constitutional Republic has been hijacked and corruption is now all around us. It is the logical next move of tyranny...slowly adjust the laws and make the means to stand against evil...illegal. Imprison, enslave or kill your opposition and there will be no one to remove you from power.

What is really hard to wrap your brain around is what could possibly be the "end game"? Slavery and indentured servitude has been historically proven to be massively ineffective and under-productive...but there are still those that believe they "know what's best" and they will stop at nothing to see their "grand plan" put into effect.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

During their brainstorming sessions do they normal put illegal suggestions on the table?

A saner view of it might be that they are pointing out how difficult it would be to institute a meaningful gun ban - you would actually have to amend the constitution in order to do so. BTW amending the constitution is not illegal.

but of course any such reading of it is not sensationalist for the like of AJ and all the other CT nutjobs.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Anyone with a brain can see gun confiscation is the goal. They do not commission these kinds of studies for the heck of it, they are trying to figure out how to do it stealthily because they know they cannot win an open fight with the people! This memo proves the right to keep and bear arms is doing exactly what it was meant to do and that is be a deterrent to tyrannical government! They want to eliminate the guns because IT IS THE MAJOR ROAD BLOCK to their implementation of totalitarianism.

This is why WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP THE GUNS! The Obama cyber warriors can go back and tell their handlers to tell obama :

You know you are hitting close to home when the anti-gun crowd come out of the wood work and squeal like pigs and start trying to downplay the Obama regime being caught red-handed and then resort to attacking the messengers..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join