It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Oldest Marathon Runner Retires At 101

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The world's oldest marathon runner, Fauja Singh, is retiring after his final race in Hong Kong.The 101-year-old said he felt sad quitting competitive events but his age had finally caught up with him and he wanted to end on a high.Speaking in Punjabi, through his interpreter and trainer of 13 years Harmander Singh, the great-great-grandfather from Ilford, east London, said he is worried about what will happen when he stops running.He said: "I fear that people will no longer love me. At the moment, everyone loves me - I hope nobody will forget or ignore me."
Full Story-Sky News Here is a man who only started running when he was 89!. It just shows us all, Its never to late to get in shape or indeed do something you want to try. Go for it. He was also a torch bearer at the london olympics................Have a lovely day where ever you are x

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

That's very interesting Doc. Thanks for sharing this bit of info...very neat about how old this fellow is.

Sad how he thinks no one will love him if he stops...

But now that I know about him...I will love him from here!!!

Peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~
edit on 1-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yea it is real sad that he thinks that. But im sure he will always be a hero and loved. Ps....I like your new emoticons (if thats the right word for them
)

new topics

join