It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by purplemer

I've seen threads by multiple members this past year say that very same thing. Where is their pat on the back!? Oh no, I get. It doesn't count unless a scientist confirms it or theorizes it, right?

Spiritualists, occultists, and others have been saying this forever. Science is just catching up to the inevitable realization that our spiritual leaders of dead past knew more about the nature of reality and the universe than they want to give them credit for. Our spiritual leaders have always been saying "as above, so below" for millennium. It's old news with science jumping up and down say - we discovered it. We discovered it! Again. Bull crap. They are just confirming what is already known and already expounded upon. What is more, their god complex seems to impair their judgement in thinking they came up with this all by themselves and are completely original. They aren't. They are full of crap, with people so bowled over by technology, that people basically just drop to their knees and start praising their new gods.

I'm in a mood today. Please forgive my unusual angst.

Peace,
Cirque

Well yeah, they have but they have also been saying things like if you have premarital sex, drink alcohol or dont go to some building at least once a week and grovel before an idol your going to hell.

Think Ill personally listen to scientists before religious nuts

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The Universe doesn't think? Are you sure about that?

I am fully capable of thinking.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Purplemer How do you know the universe does not think.
Because it’s mr10k’s religion (I mean assertion).
With Quantum Entanglement, plus the Double Slit Experiment, plus Hinesburg’s Uncertainty Principle baffling scientists as much they did when discovered between 60 and 70 years ago, it’s beyond me how people can claim with any confidence whatsoever whether this universe is self aware.

There is even a theory called Gaia Hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org...

It may therefore make sense to conclude something 3.5 times older than the Earth, and infinitely bigger might have self-awareness entangled within it.

It would be interesting if a thinking universe was (towards the latter stages of its expansion) capable of bringing a new universe into existence. However I think that’s what artificial intelligence will be capable of doing once it starts building kilometre size brains-processes on e.g. the moon-Mars.

I'm an Atheist.

IMO, The universe does not think because the Universe is not an organism.

With Quantum Entanglement, plus the Double Slit Experiment, plus Hinesburg’s Uncertainty Principle baffling scientists as much they did when discovered between 60 and 70 years ago, it’s beyond me how people can claim with any confidence whatsoever whether this universe is self aware.

Interesting, as I do it everyday. To me, those are part of natural laws of physics, which, again to me, are not something that are being infinitely imagined on a day to day basis. Matter of fact, being religious would actually point towards that sentiment, as opposed to against it, with regards to an 'omniscient and unseeable entity that we are a part of'

edit on 24-2-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
According to the ancient hermetic axiom "As above, so below." So the emergence of analogies between the brain and the cosmos is not surprising to students of hermeticism and the occult in general.

The map of the spiritual cosmos is analogous to that of the physical universe (not materially but mathematically):
smphillips.8m.com...

It has all been worked out here

It will blow your mind, so be ready for it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Do you think? Are you aware?

Are you not a part of this Universe?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I'm not christian, nor do I prescribe to any organized religion at this time. That is not to say, I don't have people in my life who are, and by association, of course I'm influenced by societal norms and customs that have evolved out of organized religion. But my information comes from independent study and personal experience. Not established church teachings. I do study the bible and the books left out (apocagrypha) but it's personal study. I couldn't speak on behalf of the church, as I've only been in a church less than a dozen times since I was a child. I'm not qualified to speak for the church, their teachings, or beliefs.

My very devout catholic grandfather left the church before I was born. When I was old enough to ask him why he said, "I left the church because god left the church, and I go with god."

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

As above, so below

-Hermes

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeAre0ne
reply to post by mr10k

Do you think? Are you aware?

Are you not a part of this Universe?

The Universe isn't just me, and I'm just made of much smaller particles. So you tell me, do those particles think?
edit on 24-2-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

I've seen threads by multiple members this past year say that very same thing. Where is their pat on the back!? Oh no, I get. It doesn't count unless a scientist confirms it or theorizes it, right?

Spiritualists, occultists, and others have been saying this forever. Science is just catching up to the inevitable realization that our spiritual leaders of dead past knew more about the nature of reality and the universe than they want to give them credit for. Our spiritual leaders have always been saying "as above, so below" for millennium. It's old news with science jumping up and down say - we discovered it. We discovered it! Again. Bull crap. They are just confirming what is already known and already expounded upon. What is more, their god complex seems to impair their judgement in thinking they came up with this all by themselves and are completely original. They aren't. They are full of crap, with people so bowled over by technology, that people basically just drop to their knees and start praising their new gods.

I'm in a mood today. Please forgive my unusual angst.

Peace,
Cirque

Do you really feel that the science conglomerates, owned and funded by the occultic elite, are going to come up with proof of Our Lord Jesus Christ? Seriously? Scripture already confirms that it will be a "god of forces" just as the occult and spirituals state in their thousands of man made books - an "unknowable force". Pseudoscience will give us pseudo lies, and the undiscerning will believe it. They aren't proving anything but how God rejecting and slanderous they truly are.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The Universe isn't just me, and I'm just made of much smaller particles. So you tell me, do those particles think?

Does a cell in your brain think...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting theory.

And if it's anywhere near being true that would mean that Earth is a Brain Tumor.
It all makes sense now.

S&F

Peace

Perhaps if the universe is truly a brain and a mad one at that, it would be kinder to perform a lobotomy.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Great find S+F

Of course the universe could be thinking especially when you take into account quantum mechanics. I'm a big proponent of Quantum Consciousness and the emerging field of Quantum Biology. Quantum Consciousness explains so much and makes more sense than the lacking and convoluted scenarios presented by those who try to say classical physics of the brain gave rise to consciousness.

This could also be a blow to the Anthropic Principle as it pertains to the String Theory landscape. If universes favor these network connections then 1, there has to be a reason why and 2 it means more of these universes would contain life because physics favors these network connections.

Good find!

edit on 24-2-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

physics favors these network connections

I have always thought there are forces in the universe that help push for the creation of life. There is a push for complexity on many different levels from the make up of atoms to the entire universe. That is not to say that I think there is a God out there waving magic wands nor do I agree with the science of evolution.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Electric universe anyone??

hmmmm

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's just another theory that will be smashed to pieces.
Everything in nature and in the universe has it's patterns and it follows is. Those are just best/ the most logical paths something can take. I guess this is the best pattern to grow a network if it's used on such a scale

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I watched a video once about that was interesting stuff. Once thing of note was they where showing the shapes you get in the universe like the spirals you get on galaxies and stuff like that. They could replicate the same shapes with ease using some kind of electric energy. It makes you wonder a bit.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

It's just another theory that will be smashed to pieces.

All theories in science get smashed to pieces one way or another. That is how science works. On falsification. You disprove to continue to learn. Someone once said to me a theory should not be measured on how true it is but how useful it is....

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I think that science is a useful tool that mankind wields to create change.

Science has been around since we have. It's a tool to unravel the mysteries of matter, so that we can manipulate and shape said matter. We were gifted to be like god, in that we create. But science doesn't make us gods. It just gives us an avenue to emulate god. People fall away from spirit, and give their heart over to matter at a consistently growing rate. Thus, propping up our scientists on a pedestal. Can you blame people? Look how much science has given us! It's not hard to understand where people are at. Or why they have fallen away from spirituality in favor of science.

Can science prove god? I don't know. But I don't appreciate it when science takes metaphysics and re-wraps it as it's own discovery! Give credit where it's due, science shouldn't glory hound a topic that has been exhaustively touched upon by many. Including people on this site, who has repeatedly posted pics and threads about the similarities between molecular biology and the universe. What these scientists are talking about, is a rip off. They didn't say it first. I didn't need science to know the OP, because I read it first in various different spiritual texts, and then later on sites like ATS from members who have NO scientific background. I learned it there and here first, and science can bite the big one where this topic is concerned.

People are turning to science as their new religion because it's results you can touch, taste, and see. It's more than god has been doing as of late, from their perspective. Or have you heard Gabriel's horn blow and did I miss it? Trust me when I say, I wouldn't miss it.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

s/f OP cool find

I remember someone said to me once that the earth emits a frequency similar to that of a human brain.. I have had a look around and found this...

The earth’s natural electromagnetic field has a frequency measured as about 7.8 HZ or Hertz. This is the well known and documented Schumann Resonance measured daily in seismology laboratories.

When people meditate and calm their brain chatter, their brains emit alpha frequencies of 7 to 9 Hz. The human brain in a relaxed state then has the same frequency of vibration as the energy field of the earth.

Now isn't that interesting. I find this truly fascinating gives us a little food for thought.
Just another something to throw into the mix..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Science has been around since we have. It's a tool to unravel the mysteries of matter, so that we can manipulate and shape said matter

Science is a modern invention. It was that long ago it did not exist. Our inquisitive nature has been around as long as we have..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join