It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Good", "Bad", "Neutral"; "Heaven", "Hell"... and what would a Neutral Realm look like? (I

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
So let's say "heaven" is everything excellent. There is complete ecstatic joy. Let's say there is "hell" and it is complete unbearable suffering. Some people say that Earth has balance, but I do not believe this to be the case. Balance would be the MERGING of the two dualities, and Earth seems to be a CYCLE of the two going against each other. Such as cycles of "life" and "death", "pain" and "pleasure", these things are not unified and they occur at different times.

A world of neutrality would be a MERGING of the two. So instead of "hot" (summer) and "cold" (winter) there will also just be warm weather, or instead of "light" (day) and "dark" (night) it will always be a mid-point between complete darkness and complete light. Instead of "pain" and "pleasure" there will always just be peace/calmness.

Here is a question I was thinking while imagining such a thing: every action will be seen as equally good and bad (with all of its pros and cons) so how will intention be carried out? A calm person will not have the spark of pleasure-motivation to make a choice, or will all choices just be impulse (chaotic) as they are all seen as equally good and bad?

What do you think of all of this ?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've had the idea of positive neutrality for a long time - this would be holding the ideal of being balanced as the highest. Some would call it being practical and not ideological.

Personally, I think it would have the potential to be a better realm than Heaven or Hell. Heaven and Hell are places you go in order to compensate for your actions in life during the afterlife - for example, self-sacrifice is rewarded with Heaven and selfishness is rewarded with Hell.

I would imagine that the middle-ground would be Nirvana, and you would reach it by understanding the fundamentals of the universe enough to lead a balanced (as opposed to unbalanced) life.
edit on 24-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
|Your question assumes that time exists.

I always thought that at the big bang every possible variation of every possible thing happened as 1 instantaneously

Time is our own invention in order to try and understand it.

If that makes sense to you ? I've very much over simplified it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The result of every action is an equal and opposite reaction. We cant see this in work as the world is moving at speed which is imcomprehensible to view. Cause and effect. Every action is Hell produces an equal and opposite effect in Heaven. The overlap is Earth where pleasure and pain co exist in perfect disharmony.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Here is a question I was thinking while imagining such a thing: every action will be seen as equally good and bad (with all of its pros and cons) so how will intention be carried out? A calm person will not have the spark of pleasure-motivation to make a choice, or will all choices just be impulse (chaotic) as they are all seen as equally good and bad?

What do you think of all of this ?

Intention is for 'your' benefit. It is for gain. When it is realized that all is just happening just as it is and will continue forever you will not be worried about what appears.
All that appears is the glory of God.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I think your assumption is correct, but as perspectives (souls?) we tend to experience only a portion of this whole system at a time.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I think you are correct, Earth is definitely neutral territory, but it is split between good and evil characters. What if there was a plane where every individual was neutral? I mean we have protons and electrons, but don't forget the neutrons.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

I think you are correct, Earth is definitely neutral territory, but it is split between good and evil characters. What if there was a plane where every individual was neutral? I mean we have protons and electrons, but don't forget the neutrons.

Good and evil characters, angels and demons. These are human concepts. Without the words to split everything into two what would there really be?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

reply to post by cody599

I think your assumption is correct, but as perspectives (souls?) we tend to experience only a portion of this whole system at a time.

Well put thanks
Hence and we learn what needed to learn here. We move off to learn the next thing on a separate level or plain.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

reply to post by cody599

Well put thanks
Hence and we learn what needed to learn here. We move off to learn the next thing on a separate level or plain.

What is there to learn here but words that separate the wholeness into stories of make believe?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There would still be life and death, pain and pleasure, just without words.

Earth is neutral, but it is a negative neutral because it is disharmonious.

life fighting death and we call this "survival". But even without the word it is still happening.

A neutrally positive place would be these two merging as ONE not pain VERSUS pleasure but pain with pleasure creating a neutral calmness...

I'm curious as to how do you decide your intentions? You must have them however subtle they may be or you would stay in one place all the time. How do you decide which action to take? If it is just happening and nothing matters, would you knowingly take actions which causes you to suffer?
edit on 24-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't see life as disharmonious, If you believe that you can die you will be fighting all the way through life.
Neutral is neither positive or negative - it is neutral.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
[Quote]reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm curious as to how do you decide your intentions? You must have them however subtle they may be or you would stay in one place all the time. How do you decide which action to take? If it is just happening and nothing matters, would you knowingly take actions which causes you to suffer?
edit on 24-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Life moves and I am not doing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Life may feel disharmonious for some, it is because they argue with reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

So, for example, if someone asked for your advice saying that they have a huge decision to make between two choices and both seem to have benefits and disadvantages and they are not sure which to choose, what would be your advice, what would you say to them?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would say don't worry the choice will happen and don't trouble yourself with all the thinking.
Pleas watch this video.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So, for example, if someone asked for your advice saying that they have a huge decision to make between two choices and both seem to have benefits and disadvantages and they are not sure which to choose, what would be your advice, what would you say to them?

It doesnt matter which one is picked as once a decision is made there is nothing to look back at. The road to success is straight ahead at all times. Those who fear what lies ahead are fated to live in the hallways of the past.
edit on 24-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I watched the video and the lady said that it comes from an inner knowledge from the empty space of lack of mind of the true self (intuition), but to most people it is hard to trust that they are being guided, and they may feel that they are just silencing their mind and randomly choosing.

Yes, this is very helpful for past decisions already done. I realized that there is no reason for me to think of what I missed out on by not choosing the other since it is already done, but as for the future.

Sometimes, it is scary because not taking an action feels like laziness when you do not wish to do so, or there is a worry that there will be consequences. The same if there are 2 choices and both are good but you don't want to miss out on either, after it is chosen, it is easy to get over, but to actually think of which to choose is more difficult. Maybe just silence the mind and choose whatever and live with the choice? but it is easier said than done in different situations.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

This is Mooji speaking about decision making:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, this is very helpful for past decisions already done. I realized that there is no reason for me to think of what I missed out on by not choosing the other since it is already done, but as for the future.

Sometimes, it is scary because not taking an action feels like laziness when you do not wish to do so, or there is a worry that there will be consequences. The same if there are 2 choices and both are good but you don't want to miss out on either, after it is chosen, it is easy to get over, but to actually think of which to choose is more difficult. Maybe just silence the mind and choose whatever and live with the choice? but it is easier said than done in different situations.

Silence is where power comes from. The choice you have is to make a weak or strong choices. I am strong as i dont give a damn once i have made a choice. Your worries seem to reveal inherent weaknesses which are not apart of my make up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join