It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Voyager....Tribute to The Astronauts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You travel through space and time, engulfed in the endless darkness that is the Universe.Your ship, an infinitesimal speck, defying the laws of gravity. You travel bravely, into the Cosmos, ready to face the unknown.

You worship the God "Science", journeying with your hydroponic tanks, re-cycling chambers, computers, cryogenics, gyroscopes and other technology.

You feel as one with the Universe. You sometimes experience a lonliness beyond the comprehension of ordinary man, as you travel "weightless" in the "sterile womb", isolated!

You are a thinker, a doer, a Homo-sapien of the highest order.

There are questions to be answered, ideas to be exchanged, challenges to be met and new worlds to be explored.

The ship....a phallic symbol, a means of extending "self"?

You live for the challenge. Knowledge is power and discovery is progress.

The ships inards, how like your mothers womb...the weightless state, much like the babe, floating in amniotic fliud.

Mans quest for space...being re-born?

Or living in the moment. perhaps dieing, and touching the face of "God"?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thats a well written nice tribute, Which i enjoyed reading

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Good stuff... but right after reading the first few lines...

You travel through space and time, engulfed in the endless darkness that is the Universe.Your ship, an infinitesimal speck, defying the laws of gravity. You travel bravely, into the Cosmos, ready to face the unknown.

... I kinda half expected to hear the voice of Rod Serling, saying...

Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you're entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop The Twilight Zone.

edit on 24-2-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Thank you, TheDoctor46, for stopping by and commenting. I always like hearing from you....you are a sweetheart.
Blessings to you. ^j^

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Hi redoubt, I'm so glad you stopped by. You know, after I read what you said about Rod Serling, I swear I could hear his voice also, commenting relevant to what all you mentioned. That was pretty cool!
I actually got a "chuckle" there for a minute. I agree and I liked what you had to say. Nice hearing from you.
^j^

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Hey
hope you are well friend

I enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

I haven't written in a little while..I'm kinda not motivated to write. Maybe my motivation will arrive soon!

Peace and love
-nat the night owl-

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hi natalia, it's always great to have a friend stop by and say hi. I'm doin pretty well, all things considered.
I always love to read what you share. You write with such depth and create pictures with words. I know you are a busy mom but when you get a chance to write here, we are all the better for it and grateful when you share your words spoken from the heart, mind, and soul. Be happy and well my friend til next time. Love and blessings.
^j^

new topics

top topics

join