It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS... What have you REALLY done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I see all of these rants, stars, flags, etc of people who oppose/agree with political agendas. They call out the US' lies and "prove" it is all a hoax, but what has anyone REALLY done?

Sure, we have a bunch of keyboard commandos saying they would do this and hey would do that, they would bug out here and they would bug out there, they would fight these people and they would fight those people, but what has anyone REALLY done?

I keep seeing all these "ATS Live" events and wonder, what do they really accomplish? With Headlines such as:

US senator says drones death toll is 4700

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

6 tanks at Hanford nuclear site in Wash. leaking,

New York To Round Up Mentally Ill

So, what has anyone REALLY done?

Please post laws or statutes we have changed. Post protests we have orchestrated. Post rallies American we have participated in...

Like so many people point out, only the American populace can change their government. However, only if we rise up... where have we done anything? What have we changed? We may be able to a few of the American's populaces' consciousness, but is that it? Where will we be in 100 years?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Are you saying that talk is cheap? well you`re right, the doers are busy out there doing they don`t have time for talking the rest of us are here talking so we don`t have time for doing.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Part of changing this country, and this world, is getting people to start thinking for themselves. Getting them to see there's more to the story. Getting them to question what they're being told. ATS is a site that aids in that process from my perspective.

The more people begin to think for themselves, the more it snowballs, and the more activity you'll see outside of the forums. Just because members don't run around bragging about what they were involved in today, doesn't mean they haven't done anything. It just means they didn't know you needed a report of their latest accomplishments.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

So, what has anyone REALLY done?

You mean apart from spreading awareness?

Well, we are all aware now let me get back to googling funny cats.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It's more about discussion and education.
The activism part is left to the individual,which I found to be very hard to do.
How many times can you take being called a crackpot?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You ask ATS `What have you really done`and go on to state:

Please post laws or statutes we have changed. Post protests we have orchestrated. Post rallies American we have participated in...

WE being the stand out here. So the real question should be `What have YOU done?"

Agreed that ATS has a lot of so-called brave warriors sitting in their momma's basement, chewing on a twinkie and playing some fantasy based PC games while popping in with the occasional "WE MUST STAND AND FIGHT" crap.

So the question should be "What have you done?" followed up with "This is what I have done".

We are all in this together so I suggest that people stop blaming others for their inactivity unless they can back it up with their own actions.

Lead by example and not ridicule.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've actually done quite a bit in my own community - on several different fronts in fact. However I honestly don't feel comfortable creating a laundry list as I feel like it would imply I think myself special or that I did these things for recognition. I did not. When I give to charity I always do it anonymously.

Much of my computer based activity also falls into the same category. Anonymity is necessary, for a myriad of reasons.

As far as ATS goes? This is not a place meant to force change. It's a discussion board. Thus here I do what is within the rules to do. I try, as a moderator, to keep the place family friendly and non-combative as possible. As a member I champion the things I believe in, try to share what I have learned in life, and to learn from others.

This is not the place where change or revolution is going to play out. But it might well be where the people involved in change come to master their chops and develop their ideas.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Sure, we have a bunch of keyboard commandos saying they would do this and hey would do that, they would bug out here and they would bug out there, they would fight these people and they would fight those people, but what has anyone REALLY done?

Yes we all realise its mostly talk but then we live in a society that worships make believe, television, movies, etc what do you expect. The only things which are for real is the things which generally arnt fun such as jobs, lifes routines.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Part of life is just understanding it. There is nothing wrong with any medium that helps in that effort. Nowhere does it lay out how to make/build a utopia...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I agree with kdog1982, its up to the individual to actually do something. ATS is here so we can discuss and get out information on what we are trying to do. ATS is not supposed to do anything but that.

I also think its hard to achieve anything substantial in today's world, the world is changing very fast and its all technologically based changes like communication devices. So in that regard ATS does its job quite well. People just don't talk face to face any more.

On an individual level, I've put myself on the line time and time again and I'm becoming very tired of trying to do anything and tired of being labeled crazy or insane. I haven't actually achieved anything except to reach my own truth and insanity.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When a large portion of the problems to be solved exist within the minds of those who are persecuted by them, I have to do nothing.

I also am not obliged to do anything if I do happen to observe a real life problem.

And I can tell you, that if you try to fight policy even at a local level, the enormous amount of bureaucratic twaddle that you are confronted with leaves you exhausted so that when you DO manage to get your query, question, argument, objection to someone in the position of responsibility for whatever it is, you're confounded by the sheer arrogance and ignorance portrayed by that individual...

I've been there, done that, nothing has changed, except I've learnt that politics is not a system at all, it's a rort. A game. And key players know the rules and how to bend them.. If it were a PC game, these clowns would be strafe jumping and wall glitching all over the place. and at the end of the game say something like "Pwnt U Nubs. Lol at citizenry."

You don't need to be a master cook to know that the pasta is rotten. You just put up with it or make rice.

And I'm stocked to the hilt with rice..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Think of it as a place to be informed,to try your skills at debating and presentation.
Once you have honed those skills go as you will.

Here is a lady dealing with fracking and quakes.

Her name is susan and if you dig a little,you will find what she accomplished.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I also think its hard to achieve anything substantial in today's world, the world is changing very fast and its all technologically based changes like communication devices. So in that regard ATS does its job quite well. People just don't talk face to face any more.

The face to face discussion have been met with blank stares.

The comment section of any article of news or facebook all deleted.Blatantly ignored credible sources.

Screw 'em .I'm saving myself and my family.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by R6A6W6

The face to face discussion have been met with blank stares.

The comment section of any article of news or facebook all deleted.Blatantly ignored credible sources.

Screw 'em .I'm saving myself and my family.

Very well said

If you can do that then you have really done something to be proud of.
edit on 23-2-2013 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've thought about my own inactivity, and thought I needed to be doing something. Activism. That's the thing, everything's so messed up, I wouldn't know where to start

I think the general public is lacking in patients, kindness, and understanding. I try to demonstrate these qualities in my daily life especially when it is most difficult. It's not gonna change the world, but it's something

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I do a lot for my community, EMT-1st Disaster Responder- certified-FEMA, DHS, Citizens Corp, Ready.gov, Community ride-along with Police and Fire Depts, Search and Rescue....so what? I dont need to blow my own horn. I also work full time and am also a husband...so what? Everyone should do something to help your community...except buying the newest PS2-5-9 whatever.

It deos irk me that a lot of these "computer desk warriors" bi--h and moan and yet do nothing...nothing to effect or contribute to change.

PS I also have a bad back and a heart condition and that doesnt stop me....so what's your excuses?

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Just see Heff's answer, as it pretty much is what I was about to type up...

new topics

top topics

join