It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Shoot View!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ahha! What an interesting thing. But it seems it's old news, and Google had already stomped hard on the idea.

Gamers are not averse to first-person shooters—Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, for example, earned $1 billion in just over two weeks. But what about when the targets are real, unsuspecting people on the sidewalks rather than cartoon soldiers?
That's the approach taken by Amsterdam-based ad agency Pool Worldwide, which used Google's Street View API to create "Google Shoot View," a game that lets players take aim at those who appear in the street-level, 360-degree images captured by Google's Street View cars.

Imagine it, strolling (albeit awkwardly and like some sort of ghost slipping in and out of reality) up your street shooting than pesky neighbour of yours.

Google says no.

Well they did in 2011, it seems. I found the article by accident and thought I'd not seen it on here, so why not have a SEARCH for it.

Samuru says 0 results matching "Google shoot" view.

0 results.

0 matching anything. lots and lots of other stuff tho.

removing the quotes and viola, a billion shooting threads.

Puts the car into reverse, drives out of the driveway, heads on over to google search road, and put in "Google shoot" view, and BAM - first hit in the list is this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh the calamity.

"What the hell are you talking about winofiend, get on with it man, for crying out loud."

Well, I'm glad you asked.

I think I hate samuru.

But liked google shoot view.

I'm in a dilemma of morals. I like ATS. I don't like google.

One idea was canned in less than 3 days, and the other seems to have slipped in and spread its tendrils far and wide into the nether regions of the forums here, spreading it's human language hiuriuistuitic engines eyeballs field of vision all over every single post you make.. only to forget about it once it has 2 words in it's tool box.

Hiuris. Huire.. Google, help me...

heu·ris·tic
/hyo͞oˈristik/
Adjective
Enabling a person to discover or learn something for themselves.
Noun
A heuristic process or method.

Whew..

I think the ninja squirrel needs to stop and think about what it is he's doing. Or ultimately his agenda is clear - get off your bum and google it, find it yourself, I'm busy sleeping with the tldr sloth.

*wanders around the outside of ATS office with a painted m16 blue-tacked on his monitor, pew pew, shooting at windows with his home made google street view rig*

Take that Bill ga.. I mean Google people!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I must be slow today... but

What the heck are you saying man!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think I hate samuru.

Me too.

I find it ironic that the best site on the worldwideweb has maybe the "not so goodest" search engine.

Given that there is so much on ATS to sift through if one wants to start a thread,

The Samuru search is better than the last one, but yeah,

ATS needs something better.

There is a weapon, though. we are not powerless against Samuru.

We can shoot up the search engine! (or any webpage)

Kick ass

new topics

join