It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK to US Gen, Have war game,have miserable destruction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is it all talk or for real this time? Will the DPRK do what they say they will do? more to come for now here is this
worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

PYONGYANG, North Korea -- North Korea warned the top American commander in South Korea on Saturday of "miserable destruction" if the U.S. military presses ahead with routine joint drills with South Korea set to begin next month.

Pak Rim Su, chief of North Korea's military delegation to the truce village of Panmunjom inside the Demilitarized Zone, sent the warning Saturday morning to Gen. James Thurman, Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency said, in a rare direct message to the U.S. commander.

South Korea and the U.S. regularly conduct joint drills such as the Key Resolve and Foal Eagle exercises slated to take place next month.

North Korea calls the drills proof of U.S. hostility, and accuses Washington of practicing for an invasion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Dont they say stuff like this every time a joint drill happens?

How or why is it any different this time?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It is how they the DPRK are saying it , and how often they are saying it, I do not think it is all talk this time around. I do hope i am wrong, as to what i am reading into what they are saying. That is all out war, with nukes.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It occured to me the other day that China and the US may be in bed on this one. What if to square US debt to china they have agreed to hand over south korea? A small regional war between NK and SK where a large percentage of NK's troops are wiped out and SK is rendered helpless. China swoops in and annexes the whole of the korea for itself.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Even lunatics aren't stupid.

They know, regardless of damage they may inflict on SK or USA froces, NK and it's loony leadership dynasty would never survive.

Unless directly attacked by SK or USA, they'd have to have a death wish to do anything more than they normally do, slap their chops.

It's no different this time.
edit on 23-2-2013 by MysterX because: added comment

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would say the North Koreans are just making there usual threats, but with the kid trying to prove he is tough, there just could be another shelling of innocent people on the island or something. They would of course ask China to help with some kind of truce before they get attacked for it though.

I thought this was kind of funny and shows you how these people think. When they were preparing for the delegation from the U.S. in their truce village, the North Koreans sawed off about 4" off the legs of the Americans chairs so they would seem bigger and would be looking down on the U.S. delegation.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
again..............NOTHING HAPPENS UNLESS CHINA GIVES THE OK , so nothing will happen

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blackz28

DPRK did not give China the ok even tho Reuters says they did, here is the DPRK say yes we did www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - North Korea has told its key ally, China, that it is prepared to stage one or even two more nuclear tests this year in an effort to force the United States into diplomatic talks, said a source with direct knowledge of the message.
yea so who is the source DPRK? and here is China saying we did not www.globaltimes.cn... from the link

China's foreign ministry Monday denied a report that it had received advance knowledge of North Korea's preparation for fresh nuclear tests and a rocket launch, while appealing for relevant countries not to take actions that may worsen the situation on the Korean Peninsula.

Asked to comment on the report by Reuters, Hong Lei, a ministry spokesman, said he "did not know where the Reuters report came from."

"The situation on the peninsula is currently sensitive and complicated. We appeal for all relevant parties to remain calm and not to take actions that may worsen the situation," Hong said.

His remarks came in the wake of staunch warnings from the EU, the US, South Korea and Japan that Pyongyang would face tightened sanctions from each, unbound by potential sanctions by the UN Security Council after the North's latest nuclear test on February 12.

Analysts said China has done its best to serve as a coordinator of the nuclear issue and Pyongyang deserves all the consequences, including sanctions from the Chinese side, for its defiant nuclear test and rocket launch.
that should say China has washed their hands of DPRK, spank Un any way you want.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Simply put: They are hungry again. All wars are for resources. North Korea has proven time after time that their military budget has outstripped their ability to feed the masses. Oh, snap! That's happening here in the USA also. Well shut my mouth; as I slap my forehead...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

...because there will be nothing left worth taking. A throw-down between the Norks and Roks will leave both people devastated. So unless China needs more poor people (they don't) taking South Korea after the war makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
reply to post by Retikx

...because there will be nothing left worth taking. A throw-down between the Norks and Roks will leave both people devastated. So unless China needs more poor people (they don't) taking South Korea after the war makes no sense.

It does make sense because of the territory gains which also come with territorial waters and an exclusive economic zone.

The Chinese leadership does not think in time frames of three or four years like the west does, as they do no need to continually worry about re-election; they think on 5, 20, 50 and 100 year time frames. Its like they're playing a grand strategy game, while the US is playing Starcraft. If Seoul was raised to the ground, the Chinese could rebuild it in 10 years. Annexation would give them claim to large amounts of sea space and the resources beneath the waves.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

some links

www.kcna.co.jp...

thehill.com...

www.reuters.com...

edit on 25-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

Your explanation makes less sense than the original. China has 1.3 Billion people. When we talk about 1 Billion Chinese the US is a rounding error. They do not need to rebuild Seoul, they can build one right now. In fact, there are empty cities in China now.

There are more english speakers and college graduates with advanced degress there than any place else in the world. 1 out of 10 home sales in California is to a Chinese national. They want to build cities in Idaho and Michigan.

Maybe you're missing it, but China does not need Korea. They are building cities in Africa and taking natural resources by the fistful. So if you want to talk long term planning, look at what they're doing right now. It seemes they couldn't give two figs about the Koreans and are taking a global and colonial perspective.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's nice to know just how much Kim Jong-un takes after his daddy.
Then again, perhaps his actions are being guided by those around him. Who just happen to be the same dweebs that played brain trust to Kim Jong-il.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I thought I'd post this here:

N. Korea warns U.S. is within range of strategic rockets, nukes

An article carried by Uriminzokkiri, North Korea's propaganda Web site, said that the U.S. should not think it is safe because it is on the other side of the Pacific Ocean.

The report, monitored in Seoul, said that if Washington persists in trying to suffocate North Korea with hostile policies, the North Korean military and its people will erase the country from the face of the earth.

the rhetoric just keeps coming and coming

N. Korea conducts artillery drills targeting Seoul: source

In the last couple months, North Korea's military has conducted several airborne infiltration exercises with fighter jets and cargo aircrafts as well as increased special forces training compared to the previous year, the source said.

North Korea's artillery drills simulated bombarding Seoul with shells loaded with concrete, instead of live ammunition, the source said.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Zerschmetterling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I agree 100% it is not the fact they are saying it, it the change in how they are saying it. Something has changed, they present the type of boldness this time around that can only come from a conceived "ace up the sleeve"; where they feel they know somethign we do not.

That is why this time around is different, they seem to indicate they can walk the walk now.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
well as the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding " and there is a lot of pudding being made; Iran made a deal with Pakistan over a gas pipe line, and then you have Iran/ DPRK in bed with each other, Iran pays to see the nuketest or so they say with china money [see if i can find that]

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I did find it here it is www.nknews.org... from the kink

Iran paid North Korea tens of millions of dollars to witness the most recent nuclear test, Japanese news agency Kyodo reported this weekend.

According to Kyodo’s source, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad approved the payment in November after a meeting of his national security team. The pay-to-view request was reported to have come from the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Fereydoon Abbasi-Dabani, an individual who was also present at the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in science, technology and education between North Korea and Iran last September.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well as the saying goes "the proof is in the pudding " and there is a lot of pudding being made; Iran made a deal with Pakistan over a gas pipe line, and then you have Iran/ DPRK in bed with each other, Iran pays to see the nuketest or so they say with china money [see if i can find that]

pudding huh?
regarding nuclear capability i always the proof was in the yellow cake
im confused
is there pudding in the cake?

.....im hungry now

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
N.K is always spouting off at the mouth about the U.S..... Heck the rest of the Eastern Hemisphere does the same thing. Though the occurances of N.K. spatting off is starting to sound like that country is getting a little froggy....
Maybe they will jump sooner rather than later? Or just more talkie talkie and no walkie walkie!~

top topics

<<   2 >>

join