It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television programs in the UK racism against white people

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
In the UK whenever in a fictional TV program: not documentaries etc....any criminal is always white British and any any black person always in charge. I could argue that in the UK black people are more likely to be in jail than people who are white British. So I ask why is reverse bigotry acceptable. There are racial quotas in television in the UK. But really if black actors are not prepared to play criminals they should get another job. If producers are scared to get black people and white to play a variety of roles then they too ,should look for another job.

This is really just one more part of a bigger picture. The same happens in newspapers. White guys qualifications only get noticed if it is a nvq. Black peoples only gets mentioned if it is a degree level. Social engineering to get less black people in jails: they as a percentage are likely to go to jail more than any other group: will not help. People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

But then again I live in a country which while multicultural has laws from Europe making racial quotas legal: meaning any race can use a racial quota to get a job, get into university except the white British.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Makes me wonder...

Is it about multiculturalism and diversity, or ease of control and genocide?

Praktischer Idealismus

Certainly they keep the blood lines tight at the top!
edit on 2/23/13 by Infernalis because: GenoType?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I watch Crimewatch allot, have done for many years, i find it very interesting.

Thats all i am going to say. I am pretty sure some members from the UK will understand what i mean!

Tsom87

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by werewolf99
In the UK whenever in a fictional TV program: not documentaries etc....any criminal is always white British and any any black person always in charge. I could argue that in the UK black people are more likely to be in jail than people who are white British. So I ask why is reverse bigotry acceptable. There are racial quotas in television in the UK. But really if black actors are not prepared to play criminals they should get another job. If producers are scared to get black people and white to play a variety of roles then they too ,should look for another job.

This is really just one more part of a bigger picture. The same happens in newspapers. White guys qualifications only get noticed if it is a nvq. Black peoples only gets mentioned if it is a degree level. Social engineering to get less black people in jails: they as a percentage are likely to go to jail more than any other group: will not help. People have to take responsibility for their own actions.

But then again I live in a country which while multicultural has laws from Europe making racial quotas legal: meaning any race can use a racial quota to get a job, get into university except the white British.

It's most likely a play on culture. Just as in America it was laughable at first to see a black anchorman who sounded and had the exact same mannerisms as the white anchorman. It wasn't mean, I just had not seen it before and thought it was a bit funny to see. Take for instance, Dave Chappelle doing whiteface for the news skits -- it's acceptable because we know the context of him doing it is for comedic effect, to spin around the normal 'white anchorman' stereotype, just like his other skits that play on racial differences, all in comedic context.

I for one have seen UK Tv programs that have black people not in charge, although I don't really pay attention to whether or not they are in charge. You see those things because that's what you want to see and you're looking out for those things.

Again, reverse bigotry is not acceptable, it's just used more in comedy and fiction because it plays off of history.

This is really just one more part of a bigger picture. The same happens in newspapers. White guys qualifications only get noticed if it is a nvq. Black peoples only gets mentioned if it is a degree level.

I don't understand, could you clarify? Are you saying that newspapers in the UK specifically mention whether they need a Black employee or a White employee?

I don't know about UK, but if it is the same as America (probably not) then it's not based off of race. It's based of other factors like where you live, economic background, which in turn stems from prejudice in the past against those types of people, which in turn stemmed from racial differences. So it's because of racial differences that people can get quotas (at least in America), you don't necessarily have to be a specific race to get a certain benefit, unless it's a race-specific benefit like an NAACP scholarship or something along those lines.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Us whites are rotten! Rotten eggs we are!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What are you on about man?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Your right they should portray the White criminals accurately , you know running banks and sitting in the board rooms while they scoff at Justice...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87

Thats all i am going to say. I am pretty sure some members from the UK will understand what i mean!

Tsom87
I know exactly what you mean,the wanted board(can't remember the name they give it)-spot the white man.
There said it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Originally posted by TSOM87

Tsom87
I know exactly what you mean,the wanted board(can't remember the name they give it)-spot the white man.
There said it.

Thats complete bollox. Your from scotland buddy where the crime rates are through the roof due to caucasian drugaddicts.

This thread will not last long, OP is talking #.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

In the UK whenever in a fictional TV program: not documentaries etc....any criminal is always white British and any any black person always in charge

Quite a sweeping statement don't you think?

How about some examples?.....I'll make it easy for you, just list some recent drama's where the criminals are all white and the "people in charge" are all black.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yes I live in Scotland but we do get the same episodes of crime watch as you do in the rest of the U.K.
If you watch it you will notice most of the faces on the wanted board are not white.
For your information crime is down in Scotland again,not through the roof as you said.Why you mention drug addicts I do not know-criminals are criminals.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

Do you understand the meaning of genocide? Do you fully grasp its definition?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I never said there aren't white criminals or white collar black people. But an unbalanced portrayal in uk tv is unfair. Also you have to remember in the UK race is a business. There are lots of people making large amounts of money from quangos set up to deal with racism. All these organisations and the people in them's careers are based upon white people screwing over everyone else. No racism, no money, no career, only one car for them, who will pay the kids school fees.

It has to exist and so reverse bigotry has to exist to fight racism..How can you have racism in a multicultural country anyway? Racism is not ab out white people screwing coloured people. It is about rich people screwing more money from the state.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by werewolf99
I never said there aren't white criminals or white collar black people. But an unbalanced portrayal in uk tv is unfair. Also you have to remember in the UK race is a business. There are lots of people making large amounts of money from quangos set up to deal with racism. All these organisations and the people in them's careers are based upon white people screwing over everyone else. No racism, no money, no career, only one car for them, who will pay the kids school fees.

It has to exist and so reverse bigotry has to exist to fight racism..How can you have racism in a multicultural country anyway? Racism is not ab out white people screwing coloured people. It is about rich people screwing more money from the state.

It's good for business apparently

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Tel lie Vision is a WMD - Weapon of Mass Deception. Another arm of the govt, used on the population to "program" them into conforming to their version of soceity. BBC - British Brain washing Corperation.
We only have to look at the recent jimmy so VILE savil scandal. Every one in the building knew that he was a paedo homo necro rapist. Yet he was their number one star for decades. The BBC knew as did the police, who covered up for him. So the govt must have also known and MI 5/6.
He was even filmed on live tel lie vision assaulting a young girl on Top of the Pops.
Did any one see the great rancid child protector on the box last night? Another star of the BBC who did not see any thing. :I don`t know about the black/white angle which you are referring too, but it would`nt surprise me in the least as any thing is possible.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Infernalis

Do you understand the meaning of genocide? Do you fully grasp its definition?

I don't think he does.
Bit of a Drama Queen aye?... Genocide? Yeah Right lol

Here is the Crimewatch List

edit on 23-2-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh, it's you again.

Examples?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One-eyed rant without any sources or stats? Check

Looks like the op's bias is the sole source of this thread? Sure looking that way

Maybe you should stop watching all that crud that's being fed to you from telly-land and read a book or generally do something more interesting instead? It may open your mind a bit dude

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Your right they should portray the White criminals accurately , you know running banks and sitting in the board rooms while they scoff at Justice...

that does not negate his point

The "engineering" in many dramas is comical

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join