It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with google?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is what I get when I try to do a google search:

To continue, please type the characters below: About this page Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen? IP address: 67.142.168.139 Time: 2013-02-23T07:23:00Z URL: www.google.com... 85.6117.6-2j4.6.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.4.psy-ab.iMI9dl-TCmg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42768644,d.b2U&biw=1600&bih=775&ech=1&psi=Qm4oUcGwG rKJ8gH06YHQBg.1361604163099.4&emsg=NCSR&noj=1&ei=Qm4oUcGwGrKJ8gH06YHQBg

I did not do a screen shot and upload it like I should; but, this text copy should suffice. Why should I need to authenticate myself to do a search for "above top secret?"

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

That happens if you use a proxy server, or if something is using your computer for spam, or if you access the website more than a certain number of times in a short period of time. Do any of those conditions apply to you by any chance?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

This is the first time it has happened. I have the same satellite internet provider that I have had for 2 years. I have never, even once, seen this screen before. I have not searched google more that 3-4 times a week for a long time

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

It is possible that your ISP is using a type of proxy connection that relays a significant number of traffic requests from a single point of origin, it'd be that point that causes google to question the authenticity of the requests. I don't believe bing does checks like that if its annoying.

It never hurts to be sure the computer isn't infected with any malware, that at least helps you to know the problem isn't something that is originating from your computer! If it continues I'd say have a look through the resources google offers, or ask your ISP what's up.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Thanks for the info. I get rather frustrated when my puter argues with me. I own the stinking thing--and pay dearly for internet...IT SHOULD NOT TALK BACK TO ME!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by supertrot
reply to post by Mapkar

Thanks for the info. I get rather frustrated when my puter argues with me. I own the stinking thing--and pay dearly for internet...IT SHOULD NOT TALK BACK TO ME!!!

Oh but they will.. And it will be in something along the lines of

ERROR_POLICY_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND: Error Code 0x201B
Contact a system Administrator.

just because if they said fred the janitor could fix it, while they might be right, he's not likely to break the terms and conditions of his employment which stated that he not undertake any responsibilities above his level.

And you'll google that going "WHAT?? WHAT?? WHAT EFIN' CERTIFICATE?? JUST LOAD YOU %%#&@&$"

When you've re-intalled Windows 7 and have forgotten how it took you 2 hours to find the driver CD for your network to work, you also remember how much you hated 800x600x16 bit resolution. You bump it up to 1024x768. and sigh a sigh of relief.

You spend 10 minutes deciphering the funny blocks and squiggles on your monitor again for the second time since you've had it, to determine what the funny things mean.. to get the screen to fit in the 1024x765@ 58hz resolution you've set... how did that happen. It just popped up and said change. How do I get it back?? Oo

join