It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Civilizations of North America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
don't have a source but have heard for years of Indian stories of a tribe of white men in West Virginia that predated them.
supposedly the source of the Shonokins, a mysterious bunch in some Manly Wade Wellman stories, including the novel After Dark.

www.gwthomas.org...
edit on 23-2-2013 by works4dhs because: add link

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great post Slayer...again!

I hope one day we will learn our real history

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
My questions are numerous on this topic.
It is such a remarkable thing, this Old World..
Not pertaining so much to the idea but the mystery behind it.

I often wonder how much was actually hidden from the public.
Or, for instance, what was given to the Smithsonian, only never to be seen again.
That doesn't bum me out...it enrages me.

Why or who would have such an ulterior agenda as to hide the truth from the public?
It's obvious there was a huge ancient civilization on this continent.
Between the burial mounds, the effigy mounds and the solar/lunar earthworks...it's clear.
Some of which are still right in front of our eyes.
But why did our history books only tell us very little about it?
Why were the natives considered to be an enemy?
Was it to promote the idea of Manifest Destiny and the natives destruction?
Did the Catholic Church secretly fund and hide the entire mission? (my speculation and theory)
I believe that men were sent here to destroy the "Old World" to make way for the "New World".
Which is why you never hear much about native history anymore in education classes.
The gov't has developed their Department of Education to take care of any truths.
But what was the reason behind it all?
What were they trying to hide?

I better not ask too much, or I may disappear too.

Good thread SLAYER.
Right up my alley.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

This is a very interesting topic/thread.

Like other people I had never heard of this. Which is a little upsetting to say the least.

We have a native american village near us and we went recently actually.
www.memphis.edu...

I watched and listened to your videos.

Now I'm off to do a little research on it so I can know more
. Thanks

Peace and love
-nat the curious cat-

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are pyramids here, not just in the southern hemisphere. Up on mountains you may find really perfect peaks, and then notice that there is an angle and second face that alligns. Well mountains got pushed up, and that was a really past cycle.

You know in the Lord of the Rings, the elves left for the west ,to far more ancient societies.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hey Slayer!

Ya know, it always saddens me to know that people whether savages or not are/were pushed from their lands, and God knows what else.

The kids and I visited the Cahokia Mounds and were in awe of what they achieved. The artifacts were also amazing. They seemed to be mathematical geniuses as well as knowing the stars positions throughout their history. The mounds and wood hinge's were amazing to see and we thoroughly enjoyed walking around and talking about the civilization that once inhabited this area.

Truly amazing! The Native Americans are people we can learn from and one day may be forced to do just that if it ever gets to a point whereas we all have to go back to "living" off the land.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here we go. I found some reprints of some of the stuff I've read before, but I was hoping for actual scans of the newspaper articles I've seen in the past.

Nevertheless, I thought you might be interested in a particular "feature" on the inside of a mound in West Virginia.

The Kanawha Spectator 1953

"The excavations made in the Dunbar mound revealed it to be a double storied structure. The exploration was made by first sinking a vertical shaft through the center of the mound, down to and slightly below the original surface of the ground. This mound was about 175 feet in diameter and 35 feet high-as high as a modern three-story house. Within the mound were found successive layers of skeletons, some of them sepulchered in a stone vault, and those nearer the bottom in a large wooden vault. Some of the beams of the latter were of walnut, and were 12 inches in diameter. "About half way down to the bottom the earth was mixed, for a depth of three or four feet, with ashes. One skeleton, still enclosed in a coffin made of bark, was in a better state of preservation than the others."

Source

Here is another link to reprints of articles ranging from 1852-1977. Regardless of the web page title, there's some interesting reading in there. Link

edit on 2/23/2013 by Klassified because: Better image

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chachonee

That was cool, I was going to ask about the oral traditions of the tribes in the area and someone with a answer gives it! I wonder what happened to those tapes? Even with what you claim your Grandfather told them [and didn't] it would still be awesome to hear those tales.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I appreciate the replies. I'm in the middle of writing an in depth thread on the topic and needed peoples opinions on certain aspects so, the feedback was important.

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My belief is that most Native Americans are displaced South American indians. Thats why the Maya and there offshoots seem to have vanished. They just migrated North. Pyramids can be seen in both places.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
When I saw those houses built on mounds it reminded me of this:

They must have been expecting flooding there.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Well there are tales or sagas of those Central American tribes coming down from the North to settle there. So, if they traveled back North at a later period it wouldn't surprise me.

There were no border then so anything was possible

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Dear SLAYER69,

Now I have something to look forward to, a post by you. I will watch the videos later tonight.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I look forward to what you have to share.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The winners of war get to tell the history. The people here didnt win. I wish I could find my history books that tell the details, but for now as a summary.. it was a fact when the first explorers came inland they found developed civilizations that were coming to their end because of disease and war.
St. Louis had an amazingly large "city" ,and they have found several things that point to people like the mayans being as far up as Georgia and I believe Tennessee.
Dont forget there was also evidence of people in the (what we call now) midwest that have a DNA that is different than any other human on earth.

Just because we dont know of their past doesnt mean they were not here. A group of men did take out an enormous civilization here in a very inhuman way. The people who took this land, didnt allow them to use their own language, or talk about their history, and why would they tell us? It is absurd to think that no one lived and prospered in this beautiful, fertile land just because their story isnt written in one of our books.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find it funny how North American history is left blank for the most part. What is it now? Say 13,000 bc a said something hit here, let's say a large astorid, metor and changed something in that time; that's the small talk anyway.

If you could look at my members picture; too large to show. Found a rock, looks like a bear and has some images on it! Down side if it was told it was sediment! Only how would sediment clearly show a face, clouds, mountain/cave and a ball flowing from the face!

Somehow I find they found something that could change everything so the hush about the past is left alone. Everywhere else on this planet we find whole citys under ground! Just concider what we have not found as of yet! Only the US has much of nothing, just somewhat strange.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

As always K.

Very informative and on topic.
Great info.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Check out Wayne May's publication "Ancient American". Wayne has covered a lot of finds in North America. He's also been personally involved in some of those finds. Sometimes a bit too much, and incognito. Point being, there have been a lot more finds in the US than most people are aware of. Ancient American

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Greetings, This subject is a great love of mine. I have been researching, mapping, and photographing petroglyphs and stone carvings in West Virginia for many years. Though getting the attention of WV. University has been near impossible. The difference in the carvings being man made vs eco-carving is that most of them are three dimensional. The carvings are identical when viewed from any direction or angle. Many of the carvings are in sets of four or more that are identical in every detail yet are located hundreds of feet apart. One such stone carving I have photographed matches identically one found in the Mexican Museum outside of Chichen itza. Some of the stone carvings are also similar to stone carvings found in Eastern Anatolia's Nevali Cori, aka Kurdistan. It is interesting to note that Nevali Cori sets on North. 38 degree of latitude as does this part of WV The longitude where the stone carvings are located is 80 degrees West which is within a few degrees of speculation of the ancient location of the North Pole at Hudson Bay. There is so much more research I have completed including the direction many of the stone carvings are facing, based upon ancient star maps and how these match up with stone carvings located at other ancient sites. To see a few pictures of the stone carvings I have photographed you can go to www.angeltalktv.com and click on Stone Carvings page or click on Gallery at the bottom of the main page.
Archeomythologist

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chachonee

I appreciate the very informative reply.
Thanks you for taking the time to share that with us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join