It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reasons why your "bugout plan" will absolutely fail!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sirbadazz

pardon me for saying but............

I think youre full of crap.............and full of yourself.......

I also am from native american background and taught survival skills.......I was also taught survival in the military as well......

Im adept at making my own tools, knowing what foliage to use as medicine food and resources........

And i can soundly say that your "knowledge" that you try to display on what food sources contains what seems to be severely lacking.......

There are plenty of starches and carbs in the plant life tha tyou can scavenge.........

If all of what you listed is true in your case with your gardens and your knowledge, and you can only survive 1-3 years.......Youre doing it wrong.......

You sir.........have no idea what youre talking about and are blowing smoke

And seem to have abandoned your own thread when called to task on it
edit on 23-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

You guys left out jimmy the buff mcgillicutty from ozark springs who survived 45 years alone in the wilds of the ozark wrestling bears and wild cat bare handed living in a small leaf made shelter..

You talking about uncle Jimmy?

edit on 23-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirbadazz
i am a former wilderness patrol ranger. i was responsible for solo backpack patrol and rescue in wilderness areas for years. i am a hunter who makes jerky, etc. i have a multi acre garden. i have survived in remote wilderness situations on several continents in extreme conditions. i have a full stock of arms and skills to use them. i have medical and all other survival skills, and own my own remote, productive acreage. i am of native american heritage and have all the cultural warrior hunting/training. i am an expert fisherman, ocean and river/lake, and i am not talking rod-n-reel fishing. i would last approximately 1-3 years...max, on my own with all the above, fully prepped, in a societal meltdown. you wont last as long as me.

i watch the survivor and prepper series on tv, and i lol my arse off, everytime. what poser, fake fools these so called bug-eating experts are. you can scale any cliff you want, spend all your carbs making ridiculous shelters. those activities are wastes, risks and the activity of fools. no one. i mean, no one except rare sadhu-types are going to survive in the lushest natural setting in america off of game traps and cattails for very long. no one. you would die of carb-loss within a year. name your carbs son. meat? nope. veggies? nope. i promise. if you try to live off the land,m you will die the first winter. *grins*

if you take your silly bugout bag, and start driving the 300 miles of roads from the city to our area to make your lean-to to trap squirrels and run around with guns, the people here will kill you long before you get to my rural locale. the rural places belong to us. no armed tramps will be waltzing in to make pine needle tea. we dont like guns in criminal hands, so we will shoot you. we will be a community. if you dont have a tank, dont head here. if you do, make sure there is an army behind that tank. dont come here with a gun and a pocketknofe and 3 days worth of freeze dried food. really.

now let me explain reality. i would die in 1-3 years, surrounded by elk, salmon, gardens... becasue men dont survive by themselves. gardens get pests. salmon runs are community owned. gardens that dont produce carbs must trade with gardens that do. those farmers will trade with cattle and goat and sheep ranchers. this is how society is formed. not for survival of the fittest, but for mutal benefit. as for wild meat...we know where the deer bed, where the elk winter, when the salmon run. in 1-2 years there will be no deer to share with you. we know how to hunt OUR deer. they are not sustainable as a food source and dont provide sufficient carbs for survival anyway.

try to understand, in wild Native America, the worst sentence the clans could put upon a crime was banishment. thats right. the finest warrior, the best hunter, when banished from the tribe, was destined to die. AND I AM TALKING ABOUT INDIANS HERE! women gather the acorns. elders weave the cloths. MEN DO NOT SURVIVE ALONE. trust me, ive put it to a field test.

can a sadhu live for 3 years in montana? sure, i have lived entirely off the land there once for 3 months as a test. at the end i was actually planning to raid a ranger cabin to get butter and cooking oil. you get crazy quick. is there permaculture farming? sure, some collectives with alot of people have made almost-permaculture farming work...rarely. but some stupid city fool with a bugout bag and guns planning to roll where a rural comunity already lives, and where a rural community will continue to survive, by working together as a community, will not be welcomed. sorry to inform you city folks, there is no 'real' wilderness in the lower 48. parts of siberia might better qualify.

heres a suggestion. instead of a friggin bugout bag, WHY ARE YOU CITIZENS OF THIS DEMOCRACY NOT STANDING UP FOR THE SURVIVAL COMMUNITY YOU HAVE ALREADY FORMED - THE UNITED STATES. save this country and our humanity for the next generation and stop planning how you will roll out and kill bambi and rednecks because you didnt have the heart or courage to stand against out-of-control globalist insanity that caused the fall. community is the only sane path for survival in hard times. and losers with guns and city-smarts dont have anything to add to our community. so they should start adding to their own and save this dyin g rock. preppers are fools in that regard.

you must show us the way
you must start the fight so we may continue
without leadership we will be lost and the media will drown us away as nut ball terrorists
show us the courage with your courage
be the hero you claim you be
be proud
do it
hurry before its too late, your country is counting on you

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm all about bugging-in. I too see the total failure of bugging out unless it was to a community designed for primitive living and was extremely well protected. My bug-in plan has many flaws, but it is basically the ability to live off my land for around a year or less with no outside help.

After that I'm up # creek without a paddle if I can't find a community. In a total destruction of society scenario I think living past the first 3 months would eliminate about 75% of the population from the equation.

I think planning should be towards becoming isolated for a week to 2 months in some really bad disaster situation, but not a full blown fall of civilization, and as the OP says we are all F'ed if that happens. I think the biggest disaster would be the destruction of our electrical grid that could take months or years to get back up. This is basically the scenario I plan for where everyone is without power over night. Within a day all food supplies will be gone and if you don't have any long term storage you will be one of the many dead in the first few weeks.

The main point of the OP is kind of missed by some and that is to maybe just not let it happen in the first place. So many today are all screaming for some kind of reset as if this was all a game that could be restarted just because it does not go as one would like. Well there is no reset that doesn't include the vast majority of us dying, so those that want this are basically wishing for death.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
those that can't live together..
...will die together

Wrong.
those that can't live together..
...will die separately

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This thread is total nonsense. If man can't survive more than a few months in the wild we would not be having this conversation. Mankind is ancient. Mankind survived before farming. Man survived before demesticating animals. Pfft

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
You sir.........have no idea what youre talking about and are blowing smoke

And seem to have abandoned your own thread when called to task on it

I think he is suggesting that about 99% of the US population is totally screwed if they think they will survive. I on the other hand do not see a Mad Max scenario that he might be thinking about, but with the loss of the electrical grid big cities are totally screwed, and so the other aspect of what he is suggesting in security is that one family will be very vulnerable where a "tribe" can protect themselves.

I carry 6 months of freeze-dry foods for my whole family and I have unlimited water/heat. How I augment that with food from the wilds (I live in Washington State) will supplement it even more, but I do not see myself/family living for years without joining a group for survival. I think canning is the key to it all, or going the direction that the Koreans do with using red pepper to pickle with in clay pots.

Also even with my military training and ample weapon supplies that is an issue without a community a part of it, so one must make it past the mass die off first then roving bands of looters will be next.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
This thread is total nonsense. If man can't survive more than a few months in the wild we would not be having this conversation. Mankind is ancient. Mankind survived before farming. Man survived before demesticating animals. Pfft

I think he is talking about Americans today...if the world lost all electrical power 50% of the world would hardly notice. America on the other hand would be about 90% depopulated in a few months.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

i would last approximately 1-3 years...max, on my own with all the above, fully prepped, in a societal meltdown. you wont last as long as me

Huh.. that makes me curious how humanity ever got to this point then, as our historic ancestors lived quite happily and grew and spread.. having many less tools at their disposal.

You don't give humans enough credit for surviving. That is one they are good at.. surviving. Saying someone with supposedly every survival skill imaginable wouldn't last more than 1 to 3 years is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

How old are you? 12? It's people like you that will be the first to fall silent. Read your post over and maybe you'll understand why.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
OP,

If your max lifespan is 3 years then you better finish yourself and leave those deers alone...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
you could put all the inhabitants of the planet in the state of texas

which means that there is more room and more natural resources than could ever be used up by all the inhabitants in our lifetime

people who live on major river ways never had any problems of survival, because everything you need to survive are on, around and in them. so why would anyone be so stupid to as to bug out in a wilderness where the elements could win?

besides, modern sensors cant see underwater..its the next best place to live other than in caves, especially caves next to rivers

edit on 23-2-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Big cities maybe. I live at the foot of the Blue Ridge mountains. My family has been here over 175 years. The people that live around here will have no problem surviving without electricity. We won't be shooting people who simply trespass either. There is still a huge number of self sufficient people in America. People are underestimating America. We can teach the old ways before electricity very easily.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you can survive in Alaska for more than a decade, then you can survive anywhere else.

Great sentiment, I gave you a shiny star and flag. One should never think their plan is perfect, and it is very important to have a tight knit group or community that has each other's back(straps) in tough times.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I agree with some of what you say but not most, I won't explain because I doubt your one to listen.

There was one poster that mentioned vegetarians and I looked for your response, there was none, no debate to back what you belive. Probably because it would be hard to back what you say agenst vegetarianism.

You sound like a person that could be very intelligent if you were not so full of yourself, you started a great thread, i hope you come back and debate it.

"sirbadazz"..............really??

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is what the thread SHOULD say. If you are hungry, we will feed you. If you are cold, we will build a fire for you. If you are lost, we will point you in the right direction. Not. We will shoot you if we see you. OMG!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well depending on what type of shtf it is that has a lot of variables:

True fact anyone think they are going to run for the hills and eat wild game has a rude awakening most people have no clue of either how to hunt or feild dress.

City folk do have a finite amount of resources that is evident anyone they freak out over a snow storm the shelves usually run empty within a day or 2.

Past events like Katrina, and Sandy show everyone how ill prepared they are and always screaming for someone to come save them.

Now if a bug out plan fails that means they failed to plan imo make no mistake survival is going to be the hardest endeavor any person will ever undertake, and it is also a fact that over 90% will be six feet under because most do not have the skill sets to survive.
edit on 23-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Infernalis

So, the way to survival is community and mutual benefit, yet you'd shoot me if I came your way? Kind of pretentious and rude, no?

If he really has that mountain retreat and community folk all united in the defense against the post apocalyptic zombie hoards, then his (their) real plan will be to drop a span over a chasm on the way up to where they are. That way nobody will reach them. They won't be shooting at anyone (except each other).

But just so you know, all mountain communities will man roadblocks below their redoubt and everyone will be turned away.

If you try and get past by force then yah... you will be shot.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just a few random thoughts...
1-I do not eat carbs.Have not for 2 years...well ok,3x a year I eat birthday cake and ice cream.
Not dead yet so I have an issue with the carb starvation belief.
2-Where you are at has alot to do with how long you will survive in the bush--- Some locals are just not human friendly,and a solo attempt at survival just cuts the calories that the scavengers will get from eating you.
3-Life,can survive in many areas -we are a form of life,we to can survive.
4.The first few days are vital.No human will survive anywhere without shelter. That shelter needs to be built.A bear proof bullet proof fallout proof and blast proof tent is not available at REI.You have to build it.Tents are temp.
Once that shelter is built you have a chance.

In short...
I disagree that 3 years is the max for solo survival
I agree that community is needed
I agree that its best to fix the problem before bugging out is needed
But---- I do not believe that survival for survivals sake after Teotwawki is a worthy goal. I have lived under survival conditions(training,not by choice) and if that is how life is going to be then I will bow out. I will not eat you,rob you or hunt you. If no hope exists for a return to normal,why bother?

No matter how much some of us refuse to believe it we are not our cave dwelling ancestors.We are evolving and adapting to technology we create. The romantic notion of being in tune with nature is nice but just not realistic.Nature hates you. It wants you to die.Earth is a huge recycling plant. Life without a certain level of technology including a nice latte is more work than its worth.

So if you feel the need to bust your azz for a few more days,weeks,months or years of life, a life that is uncomfortable,painful and in the end a temporary delay of the inevitable ,knock yourself out. I think you would be better served coming to grips with death instead. Its the smart bet-death always wins in the end,and it lasts much longer.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

If only one person watches this video above, then I will be very happy.

This is something the OP should examine with his own eyes, it may change his fatal view on the possibilities of survival.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join