It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOVEL IDEA: United States General Public Corperation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why not start a united states general public corporation? Seeing how voting is totally rigged and MSM is soldout to corporate we can make our own super corporation.
We can hire lobbyists and buy off politicians like other corporations do.
The each family owns a share and voting rights and can elect a president and a board.

What about United States General Public PAC or United States General Public Bitcoin Central Bank?
edit on 22-2-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I am pretty sure that the EPA is about to ban bitcoin for a high mercury content and large carbon footprint

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Problem being
In order for a populous to make a decision that is effective and sound, that populous NEEDS to be informed ........and there in lays the first problem - we are mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed bul#
WE could never properly address any problems or morally make the right decisions due to the fact that we are denied the facts

Example .............at the moment I'm totally anti gmo's
However are those in power aware of some impending event that warrents the development of these GMO's
............Monsanto's drought resistant crops for example

Can we make a decision that considers the future effects of that decision, I mean how many people would support a course of action that would benefit them and us now with complete disregard for the future of our race
Or the exact reverse ..........a policy that will be disruptive and difficult on the current generation but will ensure the sustainability of future generations? People are a very self centred selfish bunch

What if geo engineering was in fact required for some future reason that we are unaware of
How many would support the spraying of dangerous and poisonous substances that effects our health but would ensure a stable climate and crop produce 50 years down the line ................can we entrust such decisions to the masses ..................can we trust ourselves to see the bigger picture and decide accordingly .........I'm not so sure

But ultimately I believe it could work .....or something like it, like a direct democracy where we all get the chance to vote on all decisions and policies

But then we would need an ID system to help safeguard against voter fraud ...........hmm ID cards don't go down too well around here

How do we ensure that the decision that one country makes doesn't adversely effect another or counters another countries efforts ...........well for that we ALL would need to vote under some form of a one world gov and work together towards that common goal once voted for and agreed upon

Are we ready for that as a species ?
I'd like to think so, but really........I dunno............people are dumb!

But as long as we are kept in the dark ...........we can never make an informed decision and probably make things worse ..............coz the politicians would listen to us .........as long as we had the €$¥£r to line their pockets with

edit on 22-2-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Direct democracies look great on paper, however direct democracies always devolve into communism... the framers knew that which is why we are a constitutional republic. The biggest mistake was not imposing term limits. Term limits replace the professional politician with a short term politico that has HIS/HER NEIGHBORS to face when they go home...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Oh I agree to some extent
But come on communism isn't such a bad idea if executed properly............and the usual problem of corruption is kept in check

And I agree on term limits ........but the flip side, these scumbag politicians make so much bloody backhand money they never go back to their neighbours, they get new ones, fellow scumbags.

I will admit though ......this is way out of my area of expertise, could you give a few examples where direct democracy has devolved to communism.

Lets face it the current systems don't work, maybe again if executed properly they might ( like communism ) but we would still be in the possition where you are told what to do and what we are doing, yes you may vote a representative in to power , but after that how much influence do you really have over decisions made?
Or do you potentialy find yourself again at the whims of someone else's agenda...............someone who's generous with the £€$¥r

I'll admit I'm not too familiar with the internal politics of the US but from what I've seen doesn't California operate some form of direct democracy ( voting on gmo's recently )
Would this be so bad on a much larger scale ? When considered with my previous post

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader

But come on communism isn't such a bad idea if executed properly.
If you have the answer, you need to explain what you mean by "executed properly". Without that, your statement that "communism isn't such a bad idea" doesn't make any point. Anything is good if (in your own opinion) executed properly.

Btw, I find your use of "bul#" not any less offensive than the whole word spelled out. IMO.
edit on 10-3-2013 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Why not start a united states general public corporation?
each family owns a share and voting rights and can elect a president and a board.
What about United States General Public PAC

I agree with your sentiment. But (allow me to challenge your thought), do we not already have that? We have parties and we vote for the President and "Board". Maybe the problem is not, that the Board is not doing what we want them to do -
but that we want them to do the wrong things, things that are not good for us.

We Americans want them to have all those military bases in foreign countries, right?
We Americans want to kill those terrorists.
We Americans want to have a National debt, in order to live off the labor of our children (i.e. steal from them).
We Americans want the Federal Reserve to remain un-audited, right?

If not we should have voted for Ron Paul.

What is wrong with us?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingHuman

... we should have voted for Ron Paul.

What is wrong with us?

... and we have alternative media at our disposal.

Then why do we vote stooges into office?

top topics

join