It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn to save your farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Here's how a smart Australian guy went about saving the family farm that had been destroyed by conventional chemical farming over the past few decades.

In the process, he found a new, far more natural and profitable way of farming, with less effort involved and no chemicals.

And anyone, anywhere in the world, could replicate what he did.

www.resilience.org...

Today, thanks to holistic management, pasture cropping, and other regenerative practices, Seis can catalog Winona’s recovery in detail:

conversion to native grassland with over 50 species of grass, forbs, and herbs

savings around $60,000 annually in decreased inputs

increased profits from improved sheep-carrying capacity, wool quality, and wool quantity

crop yields from pasture cropping comparable to yields from conventional cropping with 20-year oat yields averaging 2.5 tons per hectare

no insect attacks or fungal diseases in crops or pasture

increases in bird and native animal numbers and species diversity

big improvement in soil health, soil structure, and water-holding capacity

significantly higher counts of fungi and bacteria in soil, evident in microbial counts

average of 150 percent increase in all soil nutrients

203 percent increase in soil organic carbon
edit on 22-2-2013 by Fevrier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
SnF OP, thanks for sharing.

This is the answer. The stupidest mistake that humans have ever made was forgetting that soil is THE most important resource that we have.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Please use the original thread that you posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-2-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Very informative,thank you.

My dad moved us back to his home in the '70's.It was in Iowa and we eventually moved to the farm where I spent 8 years there.
Something that I had notice was the amount of people with birth defects,down syndrome and anything else you can through in the pot.
This was a small town of maybe 5,000 people.Not including the surround farming community.
I had always thought there was something in the water.

Objectives: To investigate if live births conceived in months when surface water agrichemicals are highest are at greater risk for birth defects.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Very interesting article addressing that issue.

Shying away from those that push poison in the name of increased productivity and instead, going back to the organic basics is always a step in the right direction in my book.

Peace,
K

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ttt

ttt

top topics

join