It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advertisement on my avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just made a new avatar and when viewed I'm getting a pop up (some camera ad) that shows up on the bottom :

is that normal? no one else seems to have this stuff on there avis, Am I the only one that views the irritant? or does everyone?

cheers

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Looks like everyone is thinking the same thing i am thinking. Don't tell him! Kinda funny really. ahem.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

alright

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I've never seen this.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Probably just viewing it from my side, which is no big deal, I'll run C cleaner and Spybot I guess...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I had that happen once after adding a plug in to my browser for image exif data.

If you have anything like that installed you might want to remove it.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Probably just viewing it from my side, which is no big deal, I'll run C cleaner and Spybot I guess...

That's probably your best recourse at this point. First time I've heard/seen about this in all my years around here. Let us know if you find something (or not).

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

OMG I absolutely love the avatar. That is funny. Looking for one myself as I am new here

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undertheraydar

Looking for a new avatar....check out this thread...we have members who enjoy helping members find just the right avatar
BTS: Avatar Creations

edit on Sun Feb 24 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Great thanks for the response!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What you could do if you have Mozilla add ons, you can look for the pic that you want, and then download a program that allows you to grab a picture and cut it to the desired files on your desktop of image document files. Its called "Pixir Grabber." This way you avoid annoying advertisements that are attached to pics online. Good luck!

Arktouros

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Arktouros

I am using Mozilla, will definitely try that

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Could have been worse. all we know right now is that you like to browse cameras. LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't get it, don't have a cam... don't need one lol..the other guy was cryptic as well in his comments.

Looks like everyone is thinking the same thing i am thinking. Don't tell him! Kinda funny really. ahem.

Was thinking he didn't like my new avatar! Well, makes me feel better if it's because I go to funny sites and do bad things on the inter~web in the wee hours
lol!
Are you guys funning me?

-seriously (I don't btw) now I'm paranoid!

PS I get it now, I think you weren't being sarcastic and in another situation there could have been a pretty donkey on the avatar.
cheers

(looks behind shoulder

edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What i menat was it sounds like some kind of computer spyware or something. typically ads are generated from user history (in the modern world).

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I wonder if it's the *free* version of **** *** *** picture editor I downloaded a few months ago. That would be a sneaky piece of work...

and wouldn't surprise me in the least...

btw haven't seen it (the ad) in a few days now, maybe a good computer cleaning did the trick.

edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join