It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Tattoos Enable Telepathy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Metallic tattoos as thin as a human hair, embedded in rubbery polymer, can establish wireless communication betwen your mind and other devices, including other tattoos by reading and broadcasting your brain signals.

io9.com...

Commanding machines using the brain is no longer the stuff of science fiction. In recent years, brain implants have enabled people to control robotics using only their minds, raising the prospect that one day patients could overcome disabilities using bionic limbs or mechanical exoskeletons.

But brain implants are invasive technologies, probably of use only to people in medical need of them. Instead, Coleman and his team are developing wireless flexible electronics one can apply on the forehead just like temporary tattoos to read brain activity.

This is one of the most exciting things I've read in a while, beside Google Glass. But then the thought occurred to me - will this be the mark of the beast? Just kidding! Bring on the telepathy! As long as the CIA doesn't start recording our signals...

What do you think, ATS? Sound off!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Bring on the telepathy! As long as the CIA doesn't start recording our signals...

You can be sure someone will. If there exists technology for the mass public which allows telepathic communication, someone will figure out how to monitor such things, even if just for self-amusement.
I do think this kind of technology is awesome though. It has so much potential. I just hope it can freely progress without people rising up against it as some kind of moral outrage like what happened with the stem cell issue.

It's funny, yesterday I was thinking about the technology we had when I was younger compared to what is available today, and I have to conclude that sometime in the future such things as technologically-induced telepathy and telekinesis will likely be commonplace.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Such a web is far too vast to implicate here, but I believe that anyone with enough imagination can guess all the different approaches that might be taken to exploit this technology.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I thought tattoos only enabled jail time

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

...Was that a serious post?

To be clear, I know soldiers with tattoos. Markings on your skin does not determine your character.
edit on 22-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If this were to come to pass, I fear a great deal of people would get a "tattoo" because it would become an extension of their techno-lives; thus removing the tribal, personal connection people have to their body art. Would it not also be a great way to track the subversive types i.e; those people apt to get a tattoo, the freaky fringes.....lol

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by hisshadow

...Was that a serious post?

To be clear, I know soldiers with tattoos. Markings on your skin does not determine your character.
edit on 22-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Yeah but there are a lot of ignorant folks out there that don't understand tattoos. For many they are a stamp to remember the past by. I know for myself all of mine I got during different times of my life and they reflect what was going on personally during that period. And I have many. And I am not a felon or someone who has done any kind of jail time.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OP, "mark of the beast".......hmmmm.

I don't think it's a joke and I think you hit on something very real. Sounds like this might be it. I know what I will NOT be getting!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am the proud owner and wearer of two tattoos. I designed both of mine, and they are personal to me. One is dedicated to my God, and the other to my nature. I enjoy my tattoos today, as much as they day I had them done.

However, I would not consider getting a tattoo that speaks to technology, nor indeed a tattoo that speaks to other tattoos. The risk that this communication could be hacked, or mis used is too great for my liking. Bear in mind that I will not even use credit cards and debit cards because I do not want ANY information about me being shared electronically, if I can possibly help it. I am happy enough with having a minimal internet footprint, and with the idea that the government know as little about me as it is possible to know without my being guilty of some sort of tax fraud.

If my every action was tracked because I was actually carrying what amounts to an over complicated bug on my person, I would feel like a total fool.

Furthermore, the idea of a tattoo that has a use beyond the personal enjoyment of the individual to whom they are being applied, strikes me as somewhat... wrong. I mean, the only people I have ever heard of who have tattoos that serve an actual purpose in this day and age, are folks with severe medical conditions, and gang members (if I have forgotten some others, then please, keep your hair on, its nothing personal).

Until they find a way of making the communications between these things utterly incorruptable, un-touchable, completely and totally removed from any possibility of inappropriate use, I would be against the idea of ever getting a techtoo.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is not telepathy. It is the connecting of a regular radio transmitter to your brain so that it can relay control and/or information data to another device without you having to physically press buttons. Only someone without a basic understanding of radio technology or someone trying to hype up an idea would label this as telepathy/magic.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This sounds really cool but at the end of the day I don't want people knowing my every single thought. So unless there was a way to have complete control over what thoughts are sent I would never use it.

It also makes me wonder how another person would perceive the thoughts being received? would it be like an outside voice? would you know who it came from? could you overload someones brain with chaotic thoughts or shouting "LALALALALALA" inside your head? what about mental images? would you get those too? emotions?

I can definitely see some medical applications here.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Even if they gave me the tech with a life time of use for free...no thank you. I find cell phones to be bad enough as it is much have something similar embedded inside of you.
edit on 26-2-2013 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would have no problem with everyone knowing my thoughts.

to use this as a control for computer games would be awesome. Telepathy sounds to cool to pass up.

Just think of the applications for psychology and psychiatry. Or even law enforcement.... just slap a portable one of these on the head of someone your interogating.. or in a court room....
edit on 26-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

to use this as a control for computer games would be awesome. Telepathy sounds to cool to pass up.

Just think of the applications for psychology and psychiatry. Or even law enforcement.... just slap a portable one of these on the head of someone your interogating.. or in a court room....
edit on 26-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

This isn't just a slap it on your head deal; this is an embedded under the skin 24/7 365. Just like any invention there are practical and good uses for it but too many possible nefarious ones as well...that's why I say no thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wertdagf

One does not simply "eavesdrop awareness".

“There is no technology that can acquire signals that can tell [scientists] precisely what is going on with the brain,” Justin Sanchez, DARPA’s program manager, told the New York Times.

There is that thing called DNA, that "precious little thing" that is the source of all awareness that will ever exist. It exists in every "dot" that is all dots of the entire Universe. DNA is not something that exists only in, what we call "living" things. DNA didn't just "magically" appeared when simplest organisms was formed.

DNA is a part of a "little more" complex mechanism, mechanism that is in every dot, mechanism that is also the "most special" and most powerful "antenna" that exists, that is the "carrier of evolution" of every single dot everywhere, it is the carrier of all information of the current state - of that particular dot in space. Mechanism that is aware and whose level of awareness in the dot depends on the complexity of its evolution. Mechanism that uses its awareness to control its matter and antimatter with powers of light and dark.

To "eavesdrop awareness" is to "be in" the mechanism. You can not "be in it" unless "you are IT". Nothing can be in place of awareness of anything other then itself.
To place yourself in the "middle point" where awareness is created, human awareness for ex., and to do it from outside, is to control trillions of points of intersections of matter and antimatter, control it trillions times per second, and than repeat it for every of our trillions cells, and then combine all of it to extract a single moment of awareness... and that is LOL (one worthy mega-yotta-LOL)...

"I would give world to know what she thinks!" (no man, world is not enough, try with "galaxy", or better, stack a couple of galaxies and squeeze them good between your fingers).

Yet, the "mechanism" does it so effortlessly... and that is AWE.

"The biggest limiting factor in the large-scale production of antimatter is the availability of antiprotons. Recent data released by CERN states that, when fully operational, their facilities are capable of producing ten million antiprotons per minute. Assuming a 100% conversion of antiprotons to antihydrogen, it would take 100 billion years to produce 1 gram or 1 mole of antihydrogen (approximately 6.02×10^23 atoms of antihydrogen)."

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Telepathy reading someones thoughts by method of technology is only a matter of time before it can be practically and accurately done. I predict it will be something that becomes realised in about thirty years. It will transform a lot of things including teaching. People will need to be nicer to eachother as they will be able to read what eachother thinking.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinMaxSum

DNA is a part of a "little more" complex mechanism, mechanism that is in every dot, mechanism that is also the "most special" and most powerful "antenna" that exists, that is the "carrier of evolution" of every single dot everywhere, it is the carrier of all information of the current state - of that particular dot in space. Mechanism that is aware and whose level of awareness in the dot depends on the complexity of its evolution. Mechanism that uses its awareness to control its matter and antimatter with powers of light and dark.

No, no it's not.

DNA is a sugar/phosphate backbone with nucleic acids strewn along it. A lot of it is fodder for ribosomes - patterns for making proteins. Some of it is structure coding, some of it is an almost file system header-ish tag system, other bits are plug-ins for adaptive areas. But it's nothing at all like what you're talking about, sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

This isn't just a slap it on your head deal; this is an embedded under the skin 24/7 365. Just like any invention there are practical and good uses for it but too many possible nefarious ones as well...that's why I say no thanks.

Again, not at all. The article is a hyped-up misread by journos. The actual thing is simply flexible circuitry embedded between two layers of plastic wrap with some adhesive on, you can stick it to your skin like a band-aid with parts in.

They persist in calling it a tattoo, it's not. It's a decal. A stick-on. Something like a tegaderm with electronics in.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn
This sounds really cool but at the end of the day I don't want people knowing my every single thought. So unless there was a way to have complete control over what thoughts are sent I would never use it.

It also makes me wonder how another person would perceive the thoughts being received? would it be like an outside voice?

It would be like an earphone in your ear,because that's how it would work. It's not telepathy at all. These super-hype articles generally go back to the EMG mikes that read the signals going to your tongue/lips/larynx when you're thinking words but not saying them.

That still triggers your vocal apparatus, it's just at a low level. With a set of electrodes, you can pick that up and render it as a voice without you having to speak. SORDAC diddled around with that as a silent mike years ago, it sort of works but it's sketchy and uncomfortable. There isn't a straightforward way of getting it back into your ear coming the other way short of an earpiece.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The risk that this communication could be hacked, or mis used is too great for my liking.

I'd say that is an absolute 100% certainty...the catch is, by the time this goes mainstream, the majority of the public will be conditioned to accept and agree to the privacy incursion, continuous monitoring of whereabouts and possibly even remote 'official' hi-jack of technologies that will be controllable by these devices (vehicle ignition and communication / computer system, domestic and international travel / electronic passport, buying goods and services /cashless transactions, medical history and procedures, energy supply / usage monitoring, etc.)...because it 'will be for our own good...'..'to keep us safe..'..'to make life easier..'.. and to 'prevent fraud and ID theft..'

We know the majority are suckers for that kind of stuff and will swallow every word of it.

For population control and monitoring, they only need to hook the majority of people..they wouldn't be bothered about the very small minority who are actually wise to this.

I won't be applying for these systems either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join