It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Could Take You Anywhere...I Would Take You Here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well as the title says. If i had the chance to take my fellow ATS members anywhere. I would take them here..The Lake District England UK. Why? Because its so beautiful. No secret societies,Bases, or the likes. Just peace and tranquillity. We could take a walk in the breathtaking scenery. Maybe sample a few fine ales in a proper English country pub. We could talk. Grab a hot meal. Forget about our hectic lifestyles for a while. Wouldn't it be wonderful. And its only a 35min drive from my house (and when fuel is £1.32 per litre thats very handy
)

And if this was to quiet for you. I could always take you to the local acid house rave on the way back
Bring your own facepaint and dummies though!
Have a nice day where ever you are x

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Looks gorgeous, reminds me of Lake Cuomo in Italy, and the Salton Sea for some reason.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Enjoyed those.

No matter how unreal they are.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I had the amazing opportunity o spend a weekend in the Lake District. It was magical, gorgeous beyond words. We walked everywhere, the weather was perfect, flowers in bloom...breathtaking. There was one field near lake Windemere that was covered in those tiny purple flowers. Looked like a carpet of violets.

The only negative....we stopped at a lakeside food stand for lunch. There were all these swans there. I thought them orgous, until thy decided to take my food.

Getting flogged by a swan hurts.

S@F

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Enjoyed those.

No matter how unreal they are.

Quite real, my friend.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

Yes heard italy is simuler but never been there unfortunately

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yes smylee i know where you mean. My son was always scared when i took him there when he was in his pram. The local wildlife do get exited. In fact the cumbrian council were on about culling some of the swans there because of there aggressive manor. But i think the cull got stopped due to protests. Thanks for dropping by

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

loved the pics!

I could just about smell the atmosphere in them.

Natural beauty is massively underestimated !!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Yes i agree. Natural beauty is underestimated. I like to say that the best things in life are free.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by Timely

Yes i agree. Natural beauty is underestimated. I like to say that the best things in life are free.

Just have to walk outside - look up ... or down and if you are in the right frame of mind ...

- Boom nature is in your face !! Asking the RIGHT questions. Or at least; humbly; asking you to have a look.

Just chuckin' it out there.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You're so lucky to live so close to the Lake District, it's a good couple of hours from where I am. I first went there on a school trip, we stayed at the youth hostel at Ambleside, swum in Windermere after tea every evening. The last time I went, which is far too long ago, we went up over the Hardknott Pass...a hairy drive, but well worth it for the incredible views, the Roman Fort, and the icing on the cake, not just one Golden Eagle, but a whole flock of them circling and gliding over head. Beautiful. Also, beauty of the man-made variety, we stayed that time at Centreparks, and were treated every morning to the RAF doing practice runs in Harriers, so close I thought they were going to hit the roof...AWESOME

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Very beautiful area. Thank you for posting those pictures. The energy feels so nice.

Never really wanted to go to UK, but wales would be nice to escape to, and/or New Zealand and nature.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Good stuff OP. I could use a nice little vacation in the UK. Got a spare bedroom for a Yank?

1.32 pound for a litre? Ouch!!! That hurts.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Good stuff OP. I could use a nice little vacation in the UK. Got a spare bedroom for a Yank?

1.32 pound for a litre? Ouch!!! That hurts.

If we team up, we could split prices.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
6th picture, with the Tree by take lake is just amazing and magical. Some sort of Nostalgia kicked in but not sure from where...previous life maybe? lol kidding.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

If we team up, we could split prices.....

Deal! You've got company coming OP.

edit on 2/22/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Yes the hardknot pass is a hold your breath drive!. A few car clutches have been burned out on that drive im sure lol. I just love the place. Once spent a week in the lakes wondering around from place to place with limited supplies. Was fantastic, And had a tan like hulk hogan when i got back home

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Sure thing. I will save you a room. Just make sure those beers are ice cold

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!
I can't believe that is what my snippet brought to mind, I had to see. The flowers carpeting the ground are amazing.
When I can finally figure out the photo situation I will return the favor!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Yes woodsmom you inspired me to put these on with that poem you put on. Got the old brain working
Thank you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join