It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Kevin replace Gillard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I know there's an Ozzy contingent on here, id be keen to hear their personal voting ambitions depending on who has the leadership.

Another article out today paints a bleak picture for Julia.
www.news.com.au... 699537

If the election were held today:

This would see Tony Abbott lead the Coalition to victory by 55 per cent to 45 per cent on a two party preferred basis

Gillard and Labor would be toast.
However, if Rudd was incharge

Under the Rudd scenario, Labor would win the election by 53 per cent to 47 per cent on a two party preferred basis.

..and this isnt new.

For a long time now, as long as I can remember the public have preferred Rudd over Gillard.

For all ye' foreigners who arent aware, Rudd was elected prime minster with Julia as the 2nd in charge. When Rudd proposed the mining tax, the miners convinced Julia to knife Kevin and steal his job. Then enter in a watered down mining tax and enjoy the perks of being PM... And she did with ruthless efficiency.

Accept now, the mining tax was a little to favourable to the miners. Instead of taking in $4Billion, it took in $125million. I guess we know who's friends Julia's are.

Rudd stuck around, he sat on the back bench always putting his face on the TV, and why not. The public wanted Rudd, he always had more popular polls than Gillard it was purely the rich elite that kept him out.

Well, now the entire party is at risk of being trounced in the election, unless they take back Rudd.

Whats going to happen?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Your link isn't working and I'm waaay to lazy after a hard working week to search for it myself. However ...

I'm not sure I trust this poll.
I mean, who ... who
in their right mind would vote for these clowns again?
No matter who is in charge?

If you wanna try linking it again, I'll have a proper looky.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I voted for Kevin Rudd, not Waddles McWranger (Julia Gillard).

That, and Tony "Mad Monk" Abbott scares the living daylights out of me. He's like Johnny 2.0 but far less intelligent and with a side-kick of religion to boot.
edit on 22/2/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Should Kevin replace Gillard?

As to your original question, my answer is sure! Why not!

It's been quiet in the news lately and this mob gave me a heap of fun when he got booted. I usually stay away from politics but that was interesting times.

(Although ... some would say ... be careful what you wish for. Not sure I want to suffer for another 4 years just for my entertainment
)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It's already happened hasn't it? Didn't K-Rudd try a second time to get leadership back from the Ranga, and he got voted down?

I can't see Gillard winning the next election in any event. The way she seized power, all the taxes and other BS she has introduced, she has just shot herself in both feet multiple times for anyone to trust her as leader anymore.

Problem is Abbott is no better. You're spot on saying he's just Johnny 2.0, but you have to admit the country didn't do too badly under his rule. For all the GST talk, we did go to election over it, and decided to re-instate him, of course with the GST in tow.

Ultimately I'd like to see the two-party-preferred crap go away all together, and we, the people, put in the person or party we want to see in power. Unfortunately that means Australians need to give a crap about their politicians and politics in general, and we all know that 'aint gonna happen.

No one asked for the mining tax or the carbon tax, and now labour is talking income tax increases to pay for their massive defecit. Another shot in the foot for Gillard really, especially in an election year.

About the only way Rudd will be re-instated, is as opposition leader after Liberal gets the nod in September, by then it will be too late for Gillard and her band of thieves.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Link

Here's ya link!

Tony is the worst possible choice. He has 0 charisma, no leadership qualities.. he cant even talk straight.. you can see when he talks to people he makes sure to word everything just right so he doesnt corner him self with policy or step on anyones toes. He needs a spine, he's seriously gutless.

Gillard is dangerous, dumb and a completely liar. Theres 0 proof yet but im convinced she's as curropt as hell as well.

You need to be careful of Stephen Conroy, that man is a US Stooge and has great plans to eliminate freedoms in Australia. If the US elite had their way, he would be incharge and taking orders from Washington. Beware if Stephen Conroy attempts to run.

I like Rudd, not for his policies but he's himself. He's a bit of a twerp, but he doesnt hide it.
He speaks fluent mandarin and knows how to treat the chinese which is going to be a very important skill.

He's also stuck around and played his part even though he was knifed in the back by his own friends. He deserves to be here.. if not to be Prime Minister to atleast to stand over Julia's political corpse when she is humiliated.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Spot on, Kevin did try, and the political heads said no.

But there is the problem, also the biggest clue that this is all curropt.

Kevin, at the time he ran a 2nd time, had the popular vote and Gillard was hated.

The PEOPLE wanted Rudd. Yet, it was a handful of political elites who decided who would remain as PM. Obvioulsy Kevin lost. Now, what does that say to you?

That it doesnt matter who the people want, the rich political entities will decide who is in charge.

Welcome to USA 2.0

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Welcome to USA 2.0

Boy, we think the same!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I've often wondered, my father said this and so did a few friends, if the whole thing was staged as a political stunt to benefit Labour in the long run. Think about this for a second;

Gillard knifes Rudd and takes control. Of course people protest, coz it's sposed to be a democracy right? Labour says 'you choose the party, we choose the leaders, so shut up commoners.' So we all hate Gillard for her entry to the prime minister's role from the outset. She then goes on a taxing rampage, hitting the commoners again for every cent they have, ramping up prices, helping big business while screwing the little guy. So we all hate her more.

Labour then stages another coup, with Rudd trying to get the leadership back in order to appease the discontent in the country. He gets 'legitimately' voted down by his own party, so Gillard can say 'Hey commoners. We did what you were so pissed about, so you can shut up now.'

Then Gillard calls the election, knowing full well there's a snowball's chance in hell Labour will win. Hell, people will vote Abbott in just to see an appointed dictator removed from office. Abbott gets his 'I'm just like you commoners' speech on, and tries to convince everyone he's a true democratically elected leader, knowing people don't want him either.

A few months up to a month before the election, say around June-ish, it all comes apart at Labour camp. Gillard is ousted and Rudd placed back in power, or another hotshot the commoners relate to as a 'true Aussie battler,' something we all relate to Rudd, as he was and still is the underdog.

Everyone cheers, and votes Labour in for another term. Sometime after a year in 2014-2015, Rudd voluntarily steps down as leader, and the Labour party votes in a new leader. Doesn't matter who by then, the votes have been cast. In that time nothing will actually change, no removing current taxes, no making it easier on the people that just voted for them, and of course that's Labour's ultimate comeback. 'You willingly voted us in. Here's your medicine.'

That's my prediction, and a few friends and my old man said it would happen almost exactly like that also.
edit on 22/2/2013 by 74Templar because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

probably not far off..

I dont think Gillard has control any more, if she ever did. Rudd would be the perfect transition scapegoat only to be replaced by the next appointed leader.

I'll still vote for the sex party anyway!

edit on 22-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
To put this bluntly, Rudd was removed by the USA. He was getting far too chummy with China. The red headed twit was the US choice and every policy she has enacted benefits the good ole US of A and it's multinational companies.

Abbott is a clown, a dangerous clown, but a clown never the less.

This is USA 2.0. We will get Julie or Abbott and either will simply continue as the USA masters decree to the destruction of Australia. Democracy in Australia is already dead.

P

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Only if he puts on a red wig and wants to moive forward.

they all flush the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
At the end of the day, I doubt either PM choice will be the nation’s true leader. Gillard is a tool for Labor’s “faceless men” as well as the Independents - whom without she would not be PM considering it were a hung Parliament. Also, as has been pointed it, Rudd was too chummy with China. The US and the UK wouldn’t have liked that. Abbott, I don’t mind so much. I prefer Abbott over Gillard but that isn’t really saying much at all. The country is already ruined and it will only go further down so long as the US and the UN continue to influence and pull the strings here. We need someone with the guts to say “no”. Rudd may have been that, but he made many costly, and deadly, mistakes like the pink batts scheme. Four or five young men lost their lives installing them.

Gillard has left her position untenable. With her antics, her blatant lies, her Government’s clear failures - if she were CEO of a company she would have been removed long ago. Labor must pay for their mistakes and must be outed. Rudd won’t save them. Whose to say that if he were appointed leader in June or July that he wouldn’t be knifed again by next June? Conroy and Swan should be not allowed anywhere close to the hot seat.

As for Liberal, well as you can see in Victoria with a Liberal State Government that they don’t like unions. This is bad news for those in trades (like me), teachers and nurses. It’s far too late for automotive and manufacturing in this country, though I feel it should be illegal for Australian founded, owner and ran companies, like Telstra, to send jobs offshore. And for others like the banks to do so when they’re all recording record profits quarter upon quarter. They have no realistic justification for it other than “we want more money, so instead of paying 6,000 people $1,000 a week in Australia we’ll pay people in India $5 a day and work them for twelve hours instead of eight.”

In Victoria, the Liberal leader Ted has already said that he wants to launch an inquiry into the cost of building - which means that they want to either freeze wages (of course not accounting for cost of materials which rise and fall - there are many trades that run at a loss, break even or barely keep their heads above water) or he’ll attempt, and most likely fail, to reduce EBA wages. Leading up to the election in 2010, he vowed repeatedly to make Victorian teachers the highest payed in Australia... Since coming into power he has patently refused to budge on a 2.5% wage increase.

So, in conclusion - Labor are a total lying failure and no one can legitimately save them from humiliation. Though, if they were re-elected then at least I know I live in a country full of intellectually challenged adults. Voting Liberal in would hopefully result in the Carbon Tax being dumped, but would probably signal a greater struggle for the average work as no doubt they’d try to limit and constrict Union’s power and influence - which, particularly for dangerous industries like building and mining, is a very worrying thing indeed. Without Unions, construction workers would be going to work for a pittance in an environment resembling a war zone. They have lobbied very hard and for a very long time to implement many safety regulations and fairer wages, hours and conditions. Things which the big builders wouldn’t have granted because all of these things eat into their profit margins. Though I do agree that Howard needed the boot in 2007 for trying to introduce Work Choices, which Abbott has ruled out reintroducing but who knows? Gillard said they’d be no carbon tax before an election...

At the moment, it reminds me of the South Park episode where Stan doesn’t want to vote at a school mascot election. In that election, the candidates are a douchebag and a turd sandwich. I feel this is the situation we are in. There are genuinely no stand outs whatsoever. At least the US had Ron Paul......
edit on 22-2-2013 by BlindBastards because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What I have not understood about the Labor party machine is that they wont back Rudd even though the public does.
So whats that all about ? There is no way they could win this election with The Current PM . No one likes her except a few foolish ladies in Sydney .
So why do the Labour party want to throw the election , or is there a secret agreement for voting fraud to happen ?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
To put this bluntly, Rudd was removed by the USA. He was getting far too chummy with China. The red headed twit was the US choice and every policy she has enacted benefits the good ole US of A and it's multinational companies.

Abbott is a clown, a dangerous clown, but a clown never the less.

This is USA 2.0. We will get Julie or Abbott and either will simply continue as the USA masters decree to the destruction of Australia. Democracy in Australia is already dead.

P

Yep, someone who sees the truth, Kevin is very much Pro China and this did not fit with the aspirations of our US masters foreign policy.Just the same as Whitlam and Fraser had to go in their day Kevin had to go.It matters little which head of the snake is elected, both will burn us badly.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Question, if rudd came out and said he wanted to increase the gst to 12% (from 10%) would you vote against him?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Question, if rudd came out and said he wanted to increase the gst to 12% (from 10%) would you vote against him?

Galaxy Poll on ATS ?

As I see it GST % will increase regardless,both sides will need the $$ to pay the debt.It seems your question would be one of honesty ,, Team Lab under Kev state their intent before the polls, Abbott/Hockey will tell the nation after they win.

I'll give Kevs box a tick because he's my local rep and a better option than team Lib in terms of getting things for his constituents,no matter which side of the floor he sits.

That should tick all your boxes

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think that the Liberals need to dump Abbot, then they are a sure thing. If the Liberals can do that; then Labor will have to bring back Rudd.

Abbot is holding the Liberals back.

top topics

join