It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Are Receiving Letters From VA Prohibiting The Ownership Of Firearms...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is a breaking story, that, as of now, has only one main source that other sites are referring back to...

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?

redflagnews.com... ng-or-transporting-a-firearm-or-ammunition

(click "Trending"...5th story down...."Disarming America's Heroes")

Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, J.D., is the author of the story. He also posts some actual pictures of the letter on the link I have provided.

Some background on Connelly-

Michael R. Connelly is a former U.S. Army Officer and Louisiana Attorney, a Constitutional Law Instructor, in Carrollton, Texas.

www.snopes.com...

This could be it, and it makes sense from the rhetoric our current Administration has been spouting the past 4+ years.

Veterans are considered Enemy #1, DHS has been saying this all along...

Other sources:

minutemennews.com...[ /url]

[url]http://www.texasfred.net/archives/20103

www.dailypaul.com...

*not sure why some of these links aren't working, they are typed in correctly.

I'm asking for your help....Veterans on ATS, friends of Veterans, help us verify if this is the real deal.

Do you know anyone that has received this letter?!?

edit on 21-2-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I am a Veteran and I have not recieved or heard of this before. What is your source, I know I nor any other of the Veterans I know have recieved anything.

The Bradley bill in section 922g section 4 states.

4.Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.

Well if the VA wants to up my disabiltity to 100% in order take my weapons away I still don't think this legal.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
more from the source -

Think about it, the men and women who have laid their lives on the line to defend us and our Constitution are now having their own Constitutional rights denied. There are no clear criteria for the VA to declare a veteran incompetent. It can be the loss of a limb in combat, a head injury, a diagnosis of PTSD, or even a soldier just telling someone at the VA that he or she is depressed over the loss of a buddy in combat. In none of these situations has the person been found to be a danger to themselves or others.

If that was the case than all of the Americans who have suffered from PTSD following the loss of a loved one or from being in a car accident would also have to be disqualified from owning firearms. It would also mean that everyone who has ever been depressed for any reason should be disarmed. In fact, many of the veterans being deprived of their rights have no idea why it is happening.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I saw this earlier and I am calling bull puckey. I think it is propaganda. Find someone legitimate with a copy of a letter from a veteran's organization or something.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My gut instinct here is that this is an attorney advertising for business.

Written By Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, J.D.

It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes. In my capacity as Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) I have been contacted by some of these veterans and the stories I am getting are appalling.

He has one letter and would like to represent anyone else getting a similar one.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The source has a copy of the letter posted but, yeah, that's why I'm posting this here, I want to know the truth...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am also a Veteran, and have not received any such letter from the VA.

In fact, the only mail I get from them, was bills for prescriptions I didn't want, nor should of been billed for.
Or the fact I applied for benefits last year, and they sent a letter twice, stating they are still determining my benefits, when a couple of other buddies I served with got out after I did, and have their benefits already.

The system is broken, the VA should be a part of "out processing" for soldiers. When they process to get out of the military, their VA forms should be included. But instead, we have to play a game of jumping through hoops.

It is really disturbing, and sickening, to think that veterans who deserve compensation, are being placed on the back burner, and their benefits are being discussed by our government to be cut, when they should be cutting their own.

Corrupt government, corrupt VA, corrupt every thing.

Screw the system, because all it does is screw us!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thia is the the ultimate slap in the face to all the brave fighting men nand women of or great country. To idoly stand by and take take this abuse is wrong on every level. No one in their rightmind would ever purposely take such action against us as Americans. We will not back down nor ever surrender to such and unlawul action as this. And if they even think we will stand for this they have another thing coming.
edit on 21-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
I am a Veteran and I have not recieved or heard of this before. What is your source, I know I nor any other of the Veterans I know have recieved anything.

The Bradley bill in section 922g section 4 states.

4.Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.

Well if the VA wants to up my disabiltity to 100% in order take my weapons away I still don't think this legal.

I'm at 40% for my lower back. I haven't seen anything about this, but if they do send me this letter I will send them a picture of my middle finger resting comfortably on the telescoping stock of my AR-15.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I posted this in the breaking news thread, on this issue. I wanted to repost here for reasons obvious;

I am re-posting a comment, I made on another discussion thread, for this exact issue.

It is very important, that people know about this tragic and major mistake being made by our government and their agencies.

Veterans from OIF/OEF are being screwed over.

Not all of them, just about half. Those of us who do not come home with physical wounds are treated like crap.
It seems that unless we have lost life or limb, we do not matter, as wounded Veterans. Others are being jipped out of their Honorable discharges, thus ensuring they do not get full VA benefits if any, they served and fought, why screw them over?

So many combat arms soldiers, troopers and corp man, have served on the front lines so to say, if there was such a thing in this war. We have seen our friends get shot, blown up and dismembered.

We suffer mentally just as much as any one, PTSD and TBI are not just words made up to describe a symptom, they are our injuries. It might not be as severe as a lost limb, but the scars are there, and real as any other pain.

The flashbacks day or night, anxiety, insomnia and other issues are constant, chronic, and not going away because of some pills.

What Veterans need is support, from our friends, families and communities.
The people who matter, are those who care. Show those who matter to you, by showing them you care.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I posted this in the breaking news thread, on this issue. I wanted to repost here for reasons obvious;

I am re-posting a comment, I made on another discussion thread, for this exact issue.

It is very important, that people know about this tragic and major mistake being made by our government and their agencies.

Veterans from OIF/OEF are being screwed over.

Not all of them, just about half. Those of us who do not come home with physical wounds are treated like crap.
It seems that unless we have lost life or limb, we do not matter, as wounded Veterans. Others are being jipped out of their Honorable discharges, thus ensuring they do not get full VA benefits if any, they served and fought, why screw them over?

So many combat arms soldiers, troopers and corp man, have served on the front lines so to say, if there was such a thing in this war. We have seen our friends get shot, blown up and dismembered.

We suffer mentally just as much as any one, PTSD and TBI are not just words made up to describe a symptom, they are our injuries. It might not be as severe as a lost limb, but the scars are there, and real as any other pain.

The flashbacks day or night, anxiety, insomnia and other issues are constant, chronic, and not going away because of some pills.

What Veterans need is support, from our friends, families and communities.
The people who matter, are those who care. Show those who matter to you, by showing them you care.

Well said... I did 6 deployments for OIF/OEF and thankfully have no mental or physical problems other than standard back and knee problems, but I know and currently work with several guys who aren't so lucky. They are constantly at war (no pun intended) with the VA over the most basic stuff. The VA is so unorganized that it takes forever to get your claim through the system... hell, they still owe me $3000 and counting from over a year ago. The Federal Government has done a horrible job honoring the service of these men and women, and the sad thing is that there really isn't anything any one of them can really do about it.
edit on 21-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here is a link to the VAs criteria for having someone declared incompetent. I have not had a chance to read it all yet. I remember this coming up a few months ago and the VA claimed it would most likely pertain to elderly veterans with conditions such as dementia or if their spouse or caretaker passed away leaving them helpless. Now, even if that is the main focus of this it still leaves the wiggle room for abuse in which is being implied here by this lawer. I will continue to dig around and see if I can find some older news about it. I do believe this will be used as a factor to begin the disarmarment of this nations veterans. All they have to do is use ptsd as a criteria and that will affect a great many of us.

www.benefits.va.gov...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I have been around the military for a long time, and up until now, I assumed that the VA paperwork was included in the out processing procedure?! I am shocked that it is not...that alone is ridiculous and needs to be changed immediately, no wonder I have heard so many stories of friends over the years who were clueless about the whole VA thing, it is one of those sad aspects of military life that when it comes time and vets need assistance from the VA, there is so much red tape and poor information/communication many vets just give up out of frustration. So on top of everything they have endured, they get to deal with more govt BS, unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
As the reading gos, this is not just to the wounded vets but to all vets in general, so how can any action like this in any way even be constitutionally fair in anyones book. all this is ia a fear of what vets are trained to do in the event of a takeover.It also shows, And no matter our age) that they have trained all of us very well and they are nervous about our abilities. Fear on their part is no reason to deny us our constitutionlal rights in any way shape or form. If this is where it is going all of you in uniform need to pay close attention to how you will be treated when your time is up in the military.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

Read the question f. very carefully on the 4473 form -

www.atf.gov...

This is the loophole they can try and go after...

If you answer "Yes", the FFL dealer won't even have to call the background check into NICS....you cannot purchase a gun.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wow...so many things wrong w/ this ....but glaringly would be the lack of letter. I can't find it in your links anywhere. I did find the same blow hard discussing Health Care and the many peppered lies and fear mongering he could get in he did.

I don't advocate for right or left. I just wish we could all use common sense and just get along. So what that we disagree on certain things...that's what the majority vote is for. You could tell this guy is a blow hard righter. Just like the dems he's fogging up and lying about whatever he can to try and get his agenda across. My opinion is based solely on his Health Care piece. He thinks people are to dumb to see his little tricks can scare people into thinking just like him. I do NOT advocate Governement Health Care but I do not advocate Ins. Companies who only care about the bottom line and nothing more.

Common sense
edit on 21-2-2013 by tracehd1 because: add

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

This is from my original link redflagnews.com...

*** you have to search for it on the site, the link name is too long for ATS to use...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Getting back to the OP... This is one form letter from the VA and it is not a final determination. (Yes, I read it even though it is barely visible on the site)

The next step is for the guy to get a letter from his doctor stating facts to the contrary.

This is nothing more than a sensationalistic rant from a constitutional attorney.

How you can say this...

based on this article is beyond me.

If there is a plan to disarm veterans, this is not the evidence.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Seems logical to me! Veterans are trained and experienced killers who often suffer from some sort of PTSD. Alot of them are dangerous and especially when they come back from they're tours mad about the orders they were given yet blindly made an oath to follow.

I don't support the troops.
I don't support the way they "protect" this country.
I don't support they're decision to take an oath that promises to follow any order they are given.

I don't feel sorry for veterans at all.. at all, at all.

What did you expect? A hero's welcome home? HA! ha..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

How you can say this...

based on this article is beyond me.

That statement is not based on the article, here ya go -

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday that she was briefed before the release of a controversial intelligence assessment and that she stands by the report, which lists returning veterans among terrorist risks to the U.S.

www.washingtontimes.com...

(link borrowed from the other, Breaking News thread on same subject HERE )

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join