It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russias Bashkiria yielding tone henge type artifacts....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

i also cant help but say that it actually is fairly obvious that english is not your mother tongue... pot/kettle and all that.

LMAO!!! It's so easy to just fool around with some in here...

Anyway, I rest my case. Kudos to you OP. Great thread, with such insight and with an adorable language.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

i also cant help but say that it actually is fairly obvious that english is not your mother tongue... pot/kettle and all that.

LMAO!!! It's so easy to just fool around with some in here...

could be the language barrier eh?

back on topic..

re the elk, i got my books/figures mixed up a bit in an earlier post (i've been dipping into a big big pile of books in the last few weeks) - in John North's "Stonehenge - Neolithic Man and the Cosmos" there is a segment where he writes about the White Horse of Uffington. Explaining how the general shape of the figure could have changed quite a lot over time (due to it being retouched over thousands of years - it's in a fairly densely populated populated area compared to the urals) he postulates that to draw conclusions from it we should instead look at the specific location of the figure instead.

interestingly this elk appears from the pics on the link below to be on only a slight incline, and similar to the white horse, not situated for best visibility by "locals" - after all, if they wanted to leave a mark that they could all see to it's best, there are many better slopes around to display the figure on for viewing.
North suggests that the incline of the plane that the figure is on is the key factor, and that viewing along the figure from tail to head points at aldebaran (a major star in taurus, and many think the horse was originally a bull). hence many chalk figures being astronomical/astrological markers. nothing too new there, but the perspective of ignoring the dimensions of the figure, and just taking notice of it's setting and the way it points was a somewhat fresh perspective in '96 when published.
so, not for display and viewing at all, but for providing a sightline?

Palaeozoological suggests that the land would likely have been unforested at the time the glyph was made.

www.livescience.com...
well that would certainly help the viewing of stars near the horizon...
i wonder what constellation the ancient folks of the urals referred to as the elk? which constellation does the elk's head (or antlers) point to?
very interesting indeed

now are you going to make me some tea and biscuits (milk and two sugars ta) for the uk dis op? or do i need to send some scot's head butting and knee biting maniacs over?

edit on 25-2-2013 by skalla because: it's an elk, not an elf :/

edit on 25-2-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

then dont do it?

at least provide some thoughts on what the thread is about with your retort, this is beyond a joke

ETA: maybe you could both redeem yourselves by contributing to the thread? you've both totally borked it up by now, i'm well disappointed.
edit on 25-2-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Telos

then dont do it?

at least provide some thoughts on what the thread is about with your retort, this is beyond a joke

ETA: maybe you could both redeem yourselves by contributing to the thread? you've both totally borked it up by now, i'm well disappointed.
edit on 25-2-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

Take it easy skalla. This is the problem on ATS. Members take a certain attitude while they reply to others end especially when someone's opinion is different from their own. I don't need you to tell me what to do and what not. Or even worst, allow you to address me with that "tone".

On the subject now, there is nothing to provide for this thread. Pravda was the only source and now the link is not even working.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

with respect, you set the highly critical tone much earlier.

regardless, it's not my intention to argue, rather to get back on topic and discuss a fascinating monument.....

if anyone wants more sources, here are two that appear earlier in the thread:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
and one with an image gallery including some of excavation:
www.livescience.com...

i came across a russian news clip about this too, also note worthy for the quality of the female anchor

www.disclose.tv...
not sure how to embed it, but worth a watch...

there is also a good archaeological piece about it in "antiquity"
www.antiquity.ac.uk...
this has some information on a possible date:

Dating this geoglyph is more complicated in the absence of dating material, as is the case for most geoglyphs the world over. However, some observations may be useful. The buried soil in Trench 1 was only 8cm thick but, supposing that during building of the figure this buried soil was partly destroyed, it is possible that this buried soil was once 10cm thick. Furthermore, in antiquity the stone outline would have protruded above ground, and today there is 40–50cm of humic soil over the virgin soil in the trench. The formation of soils in the high-mountain area of Lake Zjuratkul began in the very early Holocene. In conditions of gradual and uniform accumulation of humus, this soil accumulation would suggest that it took place over 7000–9000 years; i.e. from the Neolithic onwards

on the subject of it possibly being an astronomical pointer/marker, i found a webpage regarding the big dipper/plough constellation being known as "the elk" in russia... i wonder if one were to look from the tail to the antlers we would see this?

Evenk cosmology tells how the Sun was captured and carried about the sky by the cosmic Elk (Big Dipper constellation). The Elk and her daughter (Little Dipper) were hunted by the Bear or Hunter (the bright star Arcturus and Bootes). The Elk fled to the Sea and became Seli/Holi the Mammoth

www.all-creatures.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well well, looks like we all lost a few useless ats points this thread now doesnt it?
It pays to play nicely......
My intention was to point out the russian stuff is more contemporary with gobekli tepi....
much older than the pyramids and perhaps indicative that higher levels of civilisation existed there way back when...in the urals anyways.....
but shes all side tracked now.....
perhaps refer to skallas new thread for more rational discussion.....as this ones kukked.

<< 1   >>

join