It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Talking about this CORRUPT US dictatorship..... Whats the first step to TAKE IT BACK?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Look, we all want to get this corrupt government out of office, and take back our country, that we all know and love. We all spend so much time on forums like this very one (and MANY others just like it) on the internet, complaining, whining, and
saying how we are so tired of the corruptness of the fed reserve, the president, congress, TPTB, and so on. Yet, what CAN WE REALLY DO? Seriously, I want to know HOW we would go about implementing a change? Is there anything at all? We all want the change, we all know its happening(well, most of us), yet these corrupt things keep happening. Does ATS have any ideas? If so, where do I sign up?!?!
ETA: I mean, we were ready as a nation to impeach and crucify Bill Clinton over a stain on a blue dress 14 years ago. Now, we have the secret service partying it up with hookers and doing drugs while they are supposed to be protecting the president. What has changed that makes this acceptable, unimpeachable behavior today?
edit on 21-2-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

ATS should form some type of group to protest against the government! I would would join. We can shout

"ATS wants change!"

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In all seriousness, there is not much that can be done.

We would like to believe that it's as simple as electing honorable people but we also know that is not going to happen. The special interest groups have hijacked our political system and anyone that is not "approved by them" will never get in the door.

My gut feeling is that eventually the whole thing is going to implode. I do not have a timeline of expectation. It might be in a few months, years, decades...etc. Eventually though, it WILL all fall apart.

The best thing I can suggest is get involved in local politics...city/municipal, county and maybe state. These are the laws and ordinances that most directly impact your life on a daily basis. If you can get yourself or someone you know into the small offices and slowly build toward the higher offices...over time...theoretically, change can be "slipped" in. Possible, but not likely. It's best to try and work within your city, town, county or even your neighborhood...the top levels are available to "paying members only"...you have to be "in the club"...
edit on 2/21/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

You need people to believe.....

Which is alot harder then it sounds

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The answer to that question is when your people have had enough - TAKE TO THE STREETS... Its happening right now where I live and our government has fallen! These are truly interesting times

Source

But perhaps your country and its institutions are Too Big To Fall, they probably wield a lot more power and influence than in my country of just 7 million, but when the citizenry are pushed to the wall... the opportunities for change are inevitable.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Seriously, I want to know HOW we would go about implementing a change? Is there anything at all? We all want the change, we all know its happening(well, most of us), yet these corrupt things keep happening. Does ATS have any ideas? If so, where do I sign up?!?!

The key to taking back power from the federal usurpers lies in the states.

The effort has already begun. We need to support local efforts to resist tyranny. Many states are fed up with the nonsense being peddled by douche bags in DC and they have said "NO." No matter what the issue, we need to support these stands against tyranny everywhere they occur so it will inspire other states to stand with us. If enough people get behind it, something is bound to change.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We need some collaborative writting/research, it is not enough to say we are unhappy we want change. We need to determine precisely which bills, acts, EO, etc that are effecting us. Who is responsible for each, who benefits, who the lobbyist corporate interests are, what they are benefiting from. Criminal acts that have occurred, the players involved. Essentially we need to know exactly what we want. If every person that participates then contact their representatives, senators, governors in their areas as well as local media.
We then organize peaceful protest. Pick a day and everyone stay home no work, no school, no buying anything at all, and continue until we are heard, did I mention we pull all our money from the bank? We opt out of all forms of consumerism and participation in government, economy education until we are heard, until there is action. We do it without guns without blood shed. Organize using social media, forums, youtube, local news etc. If enough people participate it would get the attention of the banking industry, retail and employers which is the driving force behind the government. That is my two cents. I do not want to see a civil war. Our country can not take it. Not to mention we would be a sitting duck for other governments. Anything non violent I am in.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
These are all great thoughts and ideas, thank you all for answering. My main problem with attempting anything is TIME and MONEY. Most of us are enslaved to work our fingers to the bone, for just enough to "get by", with little to no time just to take the kids to practice, or attend a school function, or go grocery shopping. How can we hit them where it hurts? I have read about the strike in India today involving a record over a million people going on strike. If only we could commit to something like that, refuse to buy their oil, something?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Well with all the threads about how much they hate the government, we should be able to push them into taking action

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What's the first step to TAKE IT BACK?!

Easy...............

1. Take over all media outlets so as to get 310+ million Americans on the same page.
2. Gain the support of your military
3. Sack all politicians from the President down.
4. Get rid of the Federal Reserve.
5. All the while observing advanced logistics, keeping vital services and utilities running (food, water, health etc) and appointing a group of (non-political) representatives at a grass roots level to oversee transition of same.

Or, wait for the "blue-beam" spaceships to land, taking out all the bad guys with their ray-guns and announcing themselves as our saviours giving us all the technology we dreamed of as long as we forget religion & take the chip - so as to fully "unify" humanity of course

Or, just keep going the way you currently are and hope for the best whilst expecting the worst via posting on forums....................

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The race card and political correctness will prevent this from happening.

Don't like our current regime?

Racist!

Sad but true...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I wonder how many politicians would stay at their jobs if we cut their pay down to minimum wage, take away the bodyguards, made them required to read every page of every law they look at and took away the paid vacation.

I bet a lot of them would leave on the own.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think this is one of the MAIN reason Obama was "placed" into office. Let him do all these corrupt and illegal things to bring the country down, and if you protest or speak out, like you said, your called a racist!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If Racist does not work then there's terrorist

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I wonder how many politicians would stay at their jobs if we cut their pay down to minimum wage, take away the bodyguards, made them required to read every page of every law they look at and took away the paid vacation.

We need to remove their smoke-filled-back-room negotiations, their medical care, their retirement and apparent immunity from the "laws" they straddle us with. Follow with single term limits for every political office and SEVERE penalties for corruption.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
steps have already been taken.

the government is aware and is begining to comply.

there is a thread i am posting on on ATS about it.

the subject has been banned by the owners, so will not be linking you there.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by ObjectZero

We need to remove their smoke-filled-back-room negotiations, their medical care, their retirement and apparent immunity from the "laws" they straddle us with. Follow with single term limits for every political office and SEVERE penalties for corruption.

Double the punishment for any law they break and always maximum punishment not the minimum. Make breaking they're own laws something for them to fear.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lots of good ideas, but, in order to get something that will hurt the man, we have to focus on a single major event that is doable for the majority. Like plan a day where 30 million people or so plan just 24 hours of not buying any fuel. That would cost billions of dollars and that my friends is how you get your message across and get people to listen, you hit them in their wallets.

Use their own tracking devices they use on us against them. We use Facebook, Myspace, Meetme, You tube, Twitter, radio host like alex jones and such.. You have to give your plan enough time for it to be communicated to the majority. It's needs to be portrayed as winning against the Man, giving the Gov a bloody nose. That type of hype will get more followers to maybe just join .
edit on 21-2-2013 by skorpius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skorpius

Like plan a day where 30 million people or so plan just 24 hours of not buying any fuel. That would cost billions of dollars and that my friends is how you get your message across and get people to listen, you hit them in their wallets.

Bringing the economy to its knees isn’t going to hurt TPTB as much as it will you and me.

Last time I checked, the elite don’t live paycheck to paycheck.

It’s important to remember the intent behind our union. The states debated the merits and intentionally limited the power of the federal government (see Federalist vs Anti-Federalists). The power in DC is derived from the states (from the people – us) so we reserve the right to reign it in and/or take it back. This is the only viable option if we want to maintain some level of normalcy in our own lives. Causing huge disruptions will have unintended consequences that you and your family won’t like.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

What's the first step to TAKE IT BACK?!

Easy...............

1. Take over all media outlets so as to get 310+ million Americans on the same page.
2. Gain the support of your military
3. Sack all politicians from the President down.
4. Get rid of the Federal Reserve.
5. All the while observing advanced logistics, keeping vital services and utilities running (food, water, health etc) and appointing a group of (non-political) representatives at a grass roots level to oversee transition of same.

Or, wait for the "blue-beam" spaceships to land, taking out all the bad guys with their ray-guns and announcing themselves as our saviours giving us all the technology we dreamed of as long as we forget religion & take the chip - so as to fully "unify" humanity of course

Or, just keep going the way you currently are and hope for the best whilst expecting the worst via posting on forums....................

i just thought of 1 way that will make all the troops come home but its kind of phsychotic.
pretty much fighting fire with fire, using tptb own tactics against them.

i dont really want to share it because im afraid someone might attempt to pull this off and that might set off a lot of panic. Im just surprised something like this would even cross my mind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join