It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raining Loops on the Sun - HD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Wouln't happen to be at 19.5 degrees would it?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rtaylortitle

Excellent point !

If anyone else has noticed, when they show the sun the first time around, in between the writings of 'July 19th' and 'what occurred' we can see the origins of the flare, a little under the three o'clock position.

edit on 22-2-2013 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

edit on 22-2-2013 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Ok that "loop" is like 20 times the size of the earth. I can't even fathom that. Amazing.

I view the flare more as a bubble than a loop, sure it may look like a flat loop with more plasma raining down from the inside, but imagine it as a bubble and it makes more sense (at least to me) that the plasma is rolling down the sides of the bubble and gives the illusion that you see in the video.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Very happy to see that I am not the only one that was flabbergasted by this amazing video !!

The size of that loop versus the size of the Earth kinda made me go whoaaa.... now imagine that we're not even a pixel on that screen as an individual !!!

Incredible footage !!!

I saw a special on the Discovery Channel about Coronal Loops.

Coronal Loops = Calm Solar Weather

When the coronal loops disappear, then the CMEs start to shoot out into the solar system.

Right now, our sun (SOL) appears to be drunk on coronal loops.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And our sun is small compared to other suns out in the universe, just blows the mind when you think of that.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

Absolutely !

This reminds me of one of the first videos I've seen that had me pick my jaw off the floor.

A Montage from our Moon to Canis Majoris...along with awesome music, a reminder of Walt disney's 1979 The Black Hole. Our sun is but a tiny yellow star. Imagine...

Here's that video, if anyone hasn't seen it:

I'm telling you, we are specs of dust...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Looks like liquid running down all sides of a crystal ball sitting on the sun.

Imagine the source for those powerful field lines just under the surface of the sun. A dense region of ? spinning and churning, making the magneto effects we see "traced out" by the hi temperature plasma.

Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
May I add that i read a post about magnetics that claimed understanding, maybe even of this. And there was another great post about a sun spot growing very quickly. All 3 are incredible posts. When someone can post how magnetics diffuse gravity, Id love to hear about it.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Speckle because: because

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Beautiful and mind blowing. It's easy to forget how small we are even in our own solar system let alone galaxy/universe. It's nice to be reminded every now and again! Fantastic video though, really enjoy watching it in 1080P!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow great video OP, That was insane. Viewing it in HD is a must. So beautiful our Universe is. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Thanks. I've put it on my user page at another site to share it with the people there.

The OP's post of that vid which has size comparisons of the stars made me think, has any telescope yet seen solar flares on other stars?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I had always hoped the idea of a powerfull enough flare could reach out and touch earth was laffable

but seeing that, i'm not so sure anymore...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm amazed,what even more amazing is having the ability to view such wonders.
I have to say I would never thought that it would be possible as a kid in the 70's to see
the sun up close and personal like in this video.
the shear beauty of watching these explosions on the sun is only what I can describe as mesmerizing
Thanks for brigning this stunning video to us

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

I'm amazed,what even more amazing is having the ability to view such wonders.
I have to say I would never thought that it would be possible as a kid in the 70's to see
the shear beauty of watching these explosions on the sun is only what I can describe as mesmerizing
Thanks for brigning this stunning video to us

He found on Space.com.
They have other videos there also.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I realise most of ya'll grew up with computers and the wonders that go with it.
I guess I'm showing my age,lol.but every once in a while I still get the wow factor when I stop to think
of how lucky we are to have the ability to see such beauty at the touch of a button.

Thanks for the link I'll definitely check it out...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I realise most of ya'll grew up with computers and the wonders that go with it.
I guess I'm showing my age,lol.but every once in a while I still get the wow factor when I stop to think
of how lucky we are to have the ability to see such beauty at the touch of a button.

Thanks for the link I'll definitely check it out...

Here is another good link. SDO
Click on DATA

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

That would make us roughly at the same age. It's probably one of the reasons as to why I find this footage to be absolutely incredible. The generation just before us marveled at the moon, we marvel at the sun, now imagine what our kids and grand kids are going to see in their lifetimes...

Amazing !

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Can't wait to show this to my students! Thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join