It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden tells his wife to unload gun if attacked at home.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
In this news clip, Vice President says that he told his wife that if their home is attacked, she should go out on the balcony (thus presenting a clear target), and "fire both barrels" of his double-barreled shotgun.

This action would leave her holding an empty weapon, on a balcony, while assailants attack the home....

What am I missing here?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

that is ok, the security with sub machine guns and "assault weapons" will be there with plenty of ammo.

She might as well get a good view as a small army shoots them up.....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Unload gun, as in fire it...?

It's a weird expression, to "unload" on someone, in this case a gun.

Either way - It's a controlled statement designed to make Biden look more pro-gun because Obama doesn't seem the type at all.

... And you know, private security keeps them from ever having to "load" a gun let alone fire one/"unload".

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Truth.

Of course they would live in a zipcode where crime is not a meaningful possibility in the first place.

But it's fairly outrageous for him to advocate firing a gun, outside your home, into the air, Saddam-style. Especially when he advocates the twin-barrel shotgun for home defense, that he describes emptying it out in full view of your assailants. Just wow.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

right. The gun he described would only hold two shots. Ergo, firing both shots "up in the air" would mean that the shotgun is empty afterward. And anyone who took his advice would now be unarmed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Your headline is shamefully misleading, lol - but I like it.

That being said - many people believe the 'sound of shotguns' will scare off even the most hardy home invader. Why anyone would believe this applies to Biden is beyond me though. I doubt anyone or anything would get past his home security and thug boots protectors assigned to his family (they do have bodyguards right)?

So all in all the whole story/thread is full'a holes!
No offence OP.

peace
edit on 21-2-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

peace

I don't think you know how a double-barreled shotgun works. (no offense).

It only has two shells. That means you only have two shots. So if you shoot them both off, you are now defenseless. I was not misleading, I was pointing out how Biden advises his wife to empty out the gun, and effectively disarm herself.

I think it is tragically naive advice.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Honestly, it sounds to me as if he wants to get rid of the missus.

Is there a new improved newer model waiting in the wings?

P

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Biden has watched to many old western movies of the cheesy kind

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

Originally posted by silo13

peace

I don't think you know how a double-barreled shotgun works. (no offense).

It only has two shells. That means you only have two shots. So if you shoot them both off, you are now defenseless. I was not misleading, I was pointing out how Biden advises his wife to empty out the gun, and effectively disarm herself.

I think it is tragically naive advice.

Right, because reloading a shotgun is IMPOSSIBLE.

There's nothing wrong with what future President Biden said.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So.. his wife should fire at nothing?

No one is going to charge his wife when she shoots someone on accident.

When the rest of us would.

So sick of the double standards and special treatment.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I agree that shooting at "nothing" is irresponsible, but shotgun blasts have a limited range and while Biden didn't state as much, she SHOULD fire towards the ground about 10 feet in front of her if firing warning shots.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So Biden and his wife get to have a gun, and that's okay?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

true.

But still. It's just plain bad.

Firing a gun isn't a warning shot. We aren't the military.

A man like biden wouldn't understand that. He lives in his own world where highly trained men and women guard him and his family day and night with the weapons that he condemns.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
First, randomly shooting a weapon into the air is not safe, a shotgun will just rain down some pellets..fairly harmless.Most likely, shooting the gun will scare off an intruder.
I would go with a pump myself,when you here the pump crack, you don't want to stay around. I have done that after some kids broke my bay window and I thought I was being broken into.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This was a totally stupid thing for Biden to say because his family is TOTALLY protected by Secret Service and Jill would never have to resort to protecting her self. HOWEVER...

reply to post by tovenar

What am I missing here?

You're missing just about everything he said... and you (and others) have put a LOT of words in his mouth.

He didn't say anything about an "attack".
He didn't say "fire both barrels" (as you have in quotes).
He didn't say "unload" (which IS a common expression when talking about shooting someone).
I'm sure the people of the zipcode in Sandy Hook never thought they would be attacked... Are you suggesting that only people in "bad neighborhoods" need to be armed???
He didn't suggest she stand out there like an idiot with an unloaded gun and no more shells.
He didn't say to fire it "up into the air" (as you have in quotes).

But it's obvious you can't find fault with what he DID say, so it's necessary to make up a bunch of crap so you can rag on him about it.

reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
So Biden and his wife get to have a gun, and that's okay?

Yes. It's OK for us all to have guns. He has never even suggested that you can't own guns.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
In just about every state, if not ALL of them, it's a crime to fire a "warning" shot.

I wonder if "but Biden said I should" would be an adequate defense at your trial?

Gotta love the dual logic of banning standard capacity magazines so in the event of a reload once could ambush the attacker in that two-thirds of a second it takes to reload while also believing that emptying your gun into thin air will chase the attacker(s) away.

Wouldnt they just then ambush his wife with her gun being empty and all?

edit on 21-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

In this news clip, Vice President says that he told his wife that if their home is attacked, she should go out on the balcony (thus presenting a clear target), and "fire both barrels" of his double-barreled shotgun.

This action would leave her holding an empty weapon, on a balcony, while assailants attack the home....

What am I missing here?

ALso illegal if he lives within the city limits. ETA: if "their home" he means the VP mansion in the Naval Obervatory, the shotgun itself may be illegal. VP just admitted to a crime.
edit on 21-2-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Nothing is being missed.

Biden is an idiot. Plane and simple.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This was a totally stupid thing for Biden to say because his family is TOTALLY protected by Secret Service and Jill would never have to resort to protecting her self.

HEY!! I was going to say that!

Seriously though .. they are in a very exclusive part of town.
They are surrounded by secret service.
Even driving down the road they take up the entire road.
(seriously .. they are menace when they are in town!)

No one is going to get at the Bidens in their home.
They aren't like the average person out here in Wilmington needing guns for protection.
(yes .. it's a rough town)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join