It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent fireball meteorites worldwide compilation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Watch ers
I found a compilation of fireballs meteorites, from the last week on the watchers site tonight. These are the ones that are not contrails. Surprisingly there were more than I had thought and some pretty cool videos to. This site updates as new info comes in so it is a good reference. Not sure what the cause of this stuff is, any ideas? Hope someone finds this info useful. Thank you
edit on 20-2-2013 by byGRACE because: link

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So many...

Yet not a single recovery?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's a theory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meteors burn up in the mesosphere. Methane gas plumes rise as high into the atmosphere as the mesosphere and at levels we can't even detect that high, so we don't really know how much gas is at that level. Could this methane have damaged the upper atmosphere where meteors normally safely burned up? Could these meteors now be coming much deeper into the atmosphere before they burn up, sometimes exploding over land or reaching land?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
for the hell of it seeing how it is ats

what if it is project blue beam to project the object with a scalar weapon to cause the damage

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Funny as it seems I thought the same. Although Rezloopers theory is pretty good. All the contrail videos sure make you think just maybe.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I read that thread Rez I think it is the most plausible theory so far, I have also kept up with the thread you had posted re jumping jack flash, did you see the two spontaneous combustion cases this week? Thanks for posting the link something was up with the search or I would have posted it. Nice work on that by the way.

I am no scientist but are we not entering the milky way, a large area of debris could this have something to do with this?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Two more were spotted in Rio de Janeiro yesterday, February 20. It was on the news in Brazil.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
for the hell of it seeing how it is ats

what if it is project blue beam to project the object with a scalar weapon to cause the damage

DAMMIT......Were you inside my head last night??? I had that same exact thought on the way home from work..... Don't do that again!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I addressed this possibility on ATS Live last Saturday evening.

Most people have a very simplistic view of orbital mechanics. It is anything but simple. First of all, the whole solar system is racing through space along with the Milky Way galaxy, which it is a part of. Then we are revolving around the center of the Milky Way in the outer tip of one of it's spiral arms.

Then you have the precession of the earth's orbit around the sun, as well as the changing direction of the tilt of the orbital plane due to that precession, which could change our positional relationship to the main streams of all the meteor showers we pass through each year. All of that could also bring us into the paths of new showers we don't yet recognize and out of the path of some others we are already in.

this is all bringing us into areas of space we have never been in, or not been in for a very long time. Think of the length of the long cycles of the Mayan calendar based on just such relativistic motion.

With all of that going on we could be entering an area of increased asteroid, and other space debris, density which would cause an increase in the number of strikes.

Then you have just plain dumb luck and statistical variations which could also at least partially account for the increase in visible hits.

You can also consider the fact that NASA and astronomers have only mapped about 10% of the sky and thus only 10% of the near earth orbiting objects that could be coming at us and you can see that the whole thing is just one big roll of the dice in spite of what Albert Einstein said about God not playing dice with the universe.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

That all makes a lot of sense. Flag to the OP for this thread, and star to you for that list of hypothesis. Well thought out.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Excellent information, Thank you!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere – but no longer. A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned.

"It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy…a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy."

This is kind of interesting in light of recent cosmic events.

Source

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Wow that is very interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by byGRACE

I just checked the date and it is old news. The article is from 2009, but, the blog that posted a link to the story made it sound as if it were more recent than that.

It's still not very comforting either way.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You totally crack me up! I've seen you pop in on a couple of these and I think your theory is awesome. Good work, I enjoyed it and it makes sense. I work my way down a page and there you are and I just laugh. Keep it up, I feel it's a subject that really needs to get out there.
Heather

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by parksh

You totally crack me up! I've seen you pop in on a couple of these and I think your theory is awesome. Good work, I enjoyed it and it makes sense. I work my way down a page and there you are and I just laugh. Keep it up, I feel it's a subject that really needs to get out there.
Heather

Maybe the persistence will open up some eyes to this. I may be wrong on some of this that I toss out there, but unfortunately, I think I'm right on most. But right or wrong, I'm glad that I can entertain you

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Here's a theory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meteors burn up in the mesosphere. Methane gas plumes rise as high into the atmosphere as the mesosphere and at levels we can't even detect that high, so we don't really know how much gas is at that level. Could this methane have damaged the upper atmosphere where meteors normally safely burned up? Could these meteors now be coming much deeper into the atmosphere before they burn up, sometimes exploding over land or reaching land?

Interesting. However, it was estimated to be a 7000 tonne meteor, at that size either way it is coming through the atmosphere and not burning up in flight (at least not completely).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Good point, but maybe it would have burned up a little sooner, rather than exploding over a city causing 1,200 people to be injured. This has never happened before.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Happy, you are a jack a of all trades, and master of none, aren't you???

I always loves to see what you have to say. Very insightful, thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ok, Rez, I love to ask stupid questions from time to time, and well, some times the truth is stranger than fiction, However, lets look at the movie Armageddon, hollywood yes, but follow me, if it was a fact that a body was in coming from space, and it has an entorauge, could we possibily see more metors in the future??

Now, we switch to remote viewers, they say they have seen an impact that causes coastal flooding, and devastates coastal cities, refer to the above question? Phage, you can weigh in on this to.....I'm looking forward to the smearing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join